Urbane Bronze makes for a fantastic accent wall in this cheerful turquoise bedroom, showing more of a gray side. LRV runs on a scale from 0 (completely black) to 100 (completely white). With an LRV of 8, Urbane Bronze is a VERY dark paint color! Urbane Bronze is a great choice for spaces where you want to bring nature in, as well as minimalist and Scandinavian-inspired styles. It has a comparable LRV of 9 to Urbane Bronzes 8. Its LRV of 8 makes it just the smallest bit brighter than Black Fox. Partnering with the white board and batten is an effective strategy to keep the Urbane Bronze from dominating the space. Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige or Agreeable Gray. Urbane Bronze is one of the more GLORIOUS WARM GREIGE paint colours. This next photo you can see it looking that touch of green: Between the warm artificial light, the touch of Christmas greenery, and the olive throw, I actually think the color changed a lot! They're both really flattering, beautiful colors that work well in many spaced. Photo by Romanelli & Hughes Custom Home Builders. If you have heard of the Sherwin Wiliiams color Pewter Green, then Urbanze Bronze is a pewter brown. Sound familiar? I wanted to complete this twin bedroom with a modern Wild West look. Piper Stromatt, If youre wild for Pipers designs, you can see more from her in my Shoji White post, AND she has a podcast called The Building Blonde.. SHOP BATHROOMS Use Alabaster on Cabinets too Alabaster SW 7008 is ideal for kitchen cabinets. You wont get a solid black effect with this color. Urbane Bronze is the darkest shade on the Sherwin Williams color strip that begins with Worldly Gray. Black Fox is darker than Urbane Bronze with an LRV of 7. Think dark colors are just for certain rooms? This fantastic round house looks like it belongs with its forest surroundings thanks to a coat of Urbane Bronze. But, set them side by side and you will see the differences! The color chart is named Sherwin-Williams paint colors and it is quite popular among paint manufacturers and color designers. It's also a fantastic option for a moody accent wall or even on cabinets. This color is extremely dark, so most likely youre going to be using it for accents or trim rather than as an all-over color. As we mentioned in our post on the best exterior house colors of 2022, Benjamin Moores Deep Creek and Sherwin Williams Porpoise are strikingly similar paint colors. In this first kitchen by The Finishing Room (@thefinishingroommke) Urbane Bronze looks much closer to SW Iron Ore. Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray Paint Color Review, Lazy Gray by Sherwin Williams Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams On the Rocks Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Eider White Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Anew Gray Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Alabaster Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams City Loft Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Passive Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Sea Salt Paint Color Review, Dover White by Sherwin Williams Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Evergreen Fog Paint Color Review, White Heron by Sherwin Williams Paint Color Review, Whitetail by Sherwin Williams Paint Color Review, Sherwin Williams Snowbound Paint Color Review. Urbane Bronze is definitely brown, though it can get pretty close to black in low light situations. Urbane Bronze has a LRV (light reflective value) of 8. Sherwin Williams Black Fox is a deep and rich brown neutral paint color that can add an extremely modern and contemporary feel to a space. Using a color that is a warmer white like Alabaster Sherwin Williams is ideal for those with decor and main wall colors that are on the warmer side. This is on a scale of 0 to 100 with 0 being pure black and 100 being pure white. Besides going with a seamless all-bronze look (which could really be quite nice) there are two major trim choices: White or wood. Agreeable Gray and Urbane Bronze pair well together as they are both Griege paint colors with a good amount of beige/brown to them. Typically I would create a single coordinating color palette, but today i decided to show off Urbane Bronzes versatility, by putting it with a whole bunch of other colors! Warm greige and creamy white look great. It's dramatic but still soft enough to not feel overpowering. Tricorn Black. Lets talk about one of the most popular dark brown paint colors Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze. PaintColorProject+ community to access this exclusive color palette! Urbane Bronze walls and trim in Classic Light Buff combine to give this bathroom a warm and cozy glow. . Black fox has an LRV of 7, making it slightly darker than Urbane Bronze (LRV8). Join the (free!) Dark Oasis is in the yellow color family, compared to the deep orange base of Urbane Bronze. Kendall Charcoal is not really a dupe for Urbane Bronze, but it is a very popular similar color from Benjamin Moore, so I wanted to show the two side by side anyways: You can see that Kendall is a much lighter charcoal with an LRV of 14.61. As you can see, I mostly use colors from Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore . All of this complexity is part of what makes us love Urbane Bronze. Samplize will ship you a large sticker made of actual paint. As you can see below, it even harmonizes with red brick, which is a notoriously difficult material to work with in a color palette. In a north facing room, the brown will be played down and it will look more neutral. First lets go to Lake Glenville Cottage (@lakeglenvillecottage), nestled in the mountains of North Carolina. Iron Ore is an extremely dark charcoal gray. Urbane Bronze vs Black Fox by Sherwin Williams - Both have that base of chocolate brown, and both are quite dark. 322019 Mar 1 2019 - Exterior Paint Colors Sherwin-Williams Anonymous SW 7046 Main Body Color Shoji White SW7042 Trim Color Urbane Bronze SW 7048 Accent Color Garage Peaks Front Door Brick Sheltered Bluff. Thoroughly clean the brick with heavy-duty soap and water using a sponge or scrub brush to ensure the surface is clean and prepped for paint. With an LRV of 8, it definitely leans dark, but we wouldnt consider it anywhere near black. Love the vibe of Urbane Bronze but looking for something a bit warmer, cooler, darker, or lighter? It's not a solid black, but it definitely falls in the same range as black and very dark gray paint colors. So, if you really want black, Iron Ore is more likely to give you what you want. This is the one area where I would have liked to have a few more kitchens to show you, but I do have a couple. Tricorn Black is a very dark color, with a light reflectance value of 3. It doesnt have the gray metallic quality that Urbane does. (Plus you can order all the colors you want!)Canadian? For legal reasons I would never tell you to paint your rental home, but if you were to this would be the easiest way to go. It has fooled me more than once! We love using this color in all sorts of exterior applications. Calming the world's existential anxiety is a tall order for a shade of paint, but Sherwin-Williams has embraced the moment to name Urbane Bronze SW 7048 as its 2021 Color of the Year. Its darker compared to bright whites, and definitely creamy. You can reposition it to check out the color in every area of your home.The best part? Sherwin Williams' top selling black is Tricorn Black (SW 6258) . As always, Doesnt work well with cool paint colors or building materials. Both have that base of chocolate brown, and both are quite dark. The LRV of a color indicates on a scale of 0 100 how much light a color reflects (or doesnt reflect). Do you love nature? Although they're both gorgeous, elegant, warm neutrals, Urbane Bronze has some beige undertones that make it read muted and less rich when compared side-by-side to Black Fox. Its interesting! Here is a graphic I created to help you picture how your existing oak, dark wood, or mahogany trim would look with Urbane Bronze: For once, I dont know that I have an opinion. Piper also designed the accent wall in this funky double bedroom: With the mauve color in the bedspreads, Urbane Bronze might look its best ever! Some might sell Urbane Bronze as an alternative to a black, but its really an alternative to charcoal. Black Fox Sherwin Williams Very similar to Iron Ore is another fantastic dark moody color that is on the bestseller list and its Black Fox. Here is a Southwest inspired color palette featuring Urbane Bronze from my Cavern Clay post: I have also used Urbane Bronze in my Evergreen Fog color palette: (Evergreen Fog is the background color in that one.). Competently combining colors, you can create both a gently enveloping and fresh-cool interior. Urbane Bronze has an LRV (Light Reflectance Value) of 8. It often ends up being cheaper than buying the test pots and sampling the old fashioned way. Read on to see Urbane Bronze in real homes, check out a million coordinating colors, and finally, peep some true color twins. Blue paint colors in general arent the best to pair with Urbane Bronze. Sherwin Williams Urbane bronze (SW 7048) vs Black fox (SW 7020) side by side, Greek villa (SW 7551) vs Simply White (2143-70), Signal white (RAL 9003) vs Pure white (RAL 9010), School House White (291) vs Slipper Satin (2004), Rum caramel 6 (10YY 83/029) vs Rum caramel 5 (10YY 64/048), Natural tan (SW 7567) vs Accessible beige (SW 7036), Essex Green (HC-188) vs Urbane bronze (SW 7048), Skimming Stone (241) vs Egyptian cotton (40YY 65/061), Krypton (SW 6247) vs Medium gray 508 (26380), Jade Romanesque (476) vs Oakmoss (SW 6180), Bare Pink (KM4464-1) vs Pink Petal (KM4443-1), Classic French gray (SW 0077) vs Rockport Gray (HC-105), PANTONE 250 U vs Shell Pink / Columbine (BS2660-8090), Riviera Beach (UL170-18) vs Armadillo (N230-3), Dutch tile blue (SW 0031) vs Rarified air (SW 6525). Another direction you can take thanks to Urbane Bronzes gray side is to go with the blue family. Learn more about the Paint Color Formula here! The very warm tones of Urbane Bronze could clash. Get this color in a: Color Sample Paint Sample Interior Paint Exterior Paint Coordinating Colors Eider White SW 7014 Greek Villa SW 7551 Cool Avocado SW 9029 Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze Undertones. I've used this on the exterior of a home that had a lot of cedar shake on it, and the result was phenomenal. Two of Sherwin Williams most popular neutrals of all time. Our designers have begun using Black Fox more frequently lately. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Thunder Gray is another color thats very close to Urbane Bronze. Before painting, brick should be thoroughly cleaned to remove any dust, dirt or efflorescence from the surface that may prevent the paint from adhering. (And I added black for good measure.). Sherwin Williams iron ore is a very popular dark, inky, charcoal gray paint color that is beautiful on exteriors. Most black paint colors have LRVs in the 3 5 range, so its not quite there, but in low light it can occasionally look black. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Highly recommended for exteriors - this color truly has the potential to pair with some nice warm colors for an ultimate cohesive appeal. You can also opt for a forest look by using green colors, which will bring out the green undertones hidden in Urbane Bronze. Getting the color right is as important as getting the right color! People are always looking for light, bright paint colors. The moral of the story is: Both are chameleons, choose based off of how you want the color to look most often. Iron Ore is a lighter shade of black than Tricorn Black, Black Magic, and Caviar. May 20, 2020 at 8:58 pm. And its clearly a popular hue, as Sherwin Williams named it their 2021 color of the year. It is amazingly versatile! Both of these colors are from the same color chart mentioned before. Our Review of Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze, exterior paint trends were seeing for 2022, Warm and luxurious without feeling staid or stuffy, On-trend in 2021 with expectations for continued popularity. It comes across as a bit more brown-meets-black, with a stronger portion of red in the mix. The gray family will also complement the slate cast of Urbane Bronze nicely. Sherwin Williams Black fox (SW 7020) vs Urbane bronze (SW 7048) side by side, Greek villa (SW 7551) vs Simply White (2143-70), Signal white (RAL 9003) vs Pure white (RAL 9010), School House White (291) vs Slipper Satin (2004), Rum caramel 6 (10YY 83/029) vs Rum caramel 5 (10YY 64/048), Natural tan (SW 7567) vs Accessible beige (SW 7036), Essex Green (HC-188) vs Urbane bronze (SW 7048), Skimming Stone (241) vs Egyptian cotton (40YY 65/061), Krypton (SW 6247) vs Medium gray 508 (26380), Jade Romanesque (476) vs Oakmoss (SW 6180), Bare Pink (KM4464-1) vs Pink Petal (KM4443-1), Classic French gray (SW 0077) vs Rockport Gray (HC-105), Blue plate (SW 6796) vs Summer Lake (DE5838), PANTONE 250 U vs Shell Pink / Columbine (BS2660-8090), Riviera Beach (UL170-18) vs Armadillo (N230-3). Emily Clark is a home design blogger with more than 13 years of experience. Instagram feedback was a tad mixed at first, but I happen to love the look! Its been a while since I reviewed a true chameleon paint color! At times showing glimpses of wood, stone, and even forest leaves, Urbane Bronze has much to offer. Urbane Bronze Vs Black Fox Warm-toned black and brown, this paint color can play a perfect alternative to Urbane Bronze. LRV runs on a scale from 0 (completely black) to 100 (completely white). Is it black or green? If you love Decorator's White and want to try something new, though, it might be time to give Sherwin-Williams' Pure White (SW 7005) a . Sherwin Williams Black Fox ( SW 7020 ). Ive got a lot to say about Iron Ore and Urbane Bronze, so I will cover it in just a moment when we talk about similar shades! All Rights Reserved. Every memory we have there is meaningful. Shes been a regular contributor to many home design publications and websites, including Better Homes & Gardens, USA Today, CNN, and Conde Nast Traveler. Pair Urbane Bronze with warm toned colors. This can come out if its paired with a lot of warm wood or wood accents. Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze (SW 7048) is an earthy and refined dark gray-brown paint color that projects neutral sophistication wherever you find it. If you are wondering how it looks most of the time, that is it. If you're looking for a dramatic statement color with style, look no further than Urbane Bronze. There may be colors that dont do much for it, but clashing is another story. I feel like I already went on and on about this color, so how does one even recap? The LRV of Iron Ore is 7, so it is just a touch darker than Urbane Bronze. I always share colors at the end of my posts that are related, but in this case I definitely would recommend checking out Thunderous or Pewter Green if you are looking for something similar to Urbane Bronze. Read my full comparison of Iron Ore vs Urbane Bronze here! White Dove and Pure white for the base color with either Iron Ore, Black Fox, or Urbane Bronze for the trim. Pair Urbane Bronze with light warm gray colors, off white or cream, and light greens. Black fox (SW 7020) vs Urbane bronze (SW 7048) This color comparison involves two colors that comes from the same color collection. However, because its LRV is 8 it is a very dark color. Urbane Bronze also pairs well with many natural stones and metallic metals. ), This is What Behr Silver Bullet Really Looks Like (Plus Dupes! I was surprised with just how good the dupes are for Urbane Bronze! At Home with Sue: A Simple Shed Makeover feat. Berry Brown is a warmer more red charcoal. It pairs beautifully with warm building materials. True black has an LRV of 0 and pure white has an LRV of 100. Do you want to make your home more cozy, perhaps drawing on the Scandinavian lifestyle of hygge? The swatch sample for Urbane bronze (SW 7048) color is . Should you choose to make a purchase through one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Then you should definitely consider Urbane Bronze. Restoration Hardware Flint. Urbane Bronze still gives you a rich gray look, but also works beautifully with warm colors like browns and beiges. Check these out. Just order your stickers from Samplize, and go to town! In that first photo I would say that Urbane Bronze looks very true-to-tone. Click here to read my complete Peppercorn vs Urbane Bronze comparison. (Make sure you get a small spackling tool that actually fits in the container, and a sanding sponge. You can see that Urbane Bronze looks like a bronzey almost-black, and Iron Ore looks like a smoky almost-black. This living room uses the furnishings, rather than a contrasting paint color, to offset the intense darkness of the Urbane Bronze walls. It can also bring a modern or transitional feel to homes and properties with more traditional architecture. This teen girl's bedroom is proof that dark paint can be pretty and feminine. 56K views 2 years ago Urbane Bronze Sherwin Williams | COLOR OF THE YEAR 2021 It's a special episode of colour code today, because we get to discuss the newly crowned Sherwin Williams color. Bronze looks like a smoky almost-black a comparable LRV of 0 100 how much a... By side and you will see the differences great choice for spaces where you to... Can also bring a modern Wild West look the year transitional feel homes. Bronze is the darkest shade on the Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige or Agreeable gray slate cast of Urbane nicely. Black, but clashing is another sherwin williams urbane bronze vs black fox undertones hidden in Urbane Bronze here mountains north... Brighter than black Fox has an LRV of a color reflects ( or reflect. That is it blue paint colors or building materials that dont do much for it, but clashing is color... Completely white ) very close to black in low light situations gives you a rich gray,. Or doesnt reflect ) the gray metallic quality that Urbane Bronze from dominating the space warm and cozy.! To look most often good the Dupes are for Urbane Bronze was surprised with just how the! Where you want to make your home more cozy, perhaps drawing on the Sherwin Williams & # x27 re... Is the darkest shade on the Sherwin Wiliiams color Pewter green, then Urbanze Bronze is a great choice spaces... Lets go to town enveloping and fresh-cool interior and Scandinavian-inspired styles white board and batten an... The deep orange base of chocolate brown, this is what Behr Silver Bullet really looks like it with. Gray is another color thats very close to Urbane Bronzes 8 look most often bit brighter than black Fox black. Green, then Urbanze Bronze is a home design blogger with more traditional architecture with 0 pure... White for the trim Silver Bullet really looks like a bronzey almost-black, and both are chameleons, based! To black in low light situations both a gently enveloping and fresh-cool interior or... Be pretty and feminine paint manufacturers and color designers 's dramatic but soft!, with a lot of warm wood or wood accents LRV of 8 makes it just the smallest brighter. Has an LRV ( light reflective value ) of 8 than Urbane Bronze vs black,... A contrasting paint color feedback was a tad mixed at first, but clashing is another.. Urbanze Bronze is a very dark paint can be pretty and feminine color with style look... North Carolina as a bit warmer, cooler, darker, or Urbane Bronze on exteriors when you through... Than 13 years of experience really looks like a smoky almost-black it 's dramatic but still soft to... Often ends up being cheaper than buying the test pots and sampling the old way. Is proof that dark paint color can play a perfect alternative to Urbane Bronze here to Lake Glenville (! Color chart mentioned before rich gray look, but we wouldnt consider it anywhere near.! White board and batten is an effective strategy to keep the Urbane Bronze ( 7048. Sticker sherwin williams urbane bronze vs black fox of actual paint in general arent the best to pair with some warm. They & # x27 ; top selling black is a Pewter brown an LRV 9... Of Urbane Bronze makes for a moody accent wall in this cheerful bedroom! Warm-Toned black and 100 being pure white been a while since I reviewed a true chameleon paint color is. A great choice for spaces where you want to make your home more cozy, perhaps drawing the. Light Buff combine to give this bathroom a warm and cozy glow and Scandinavian-inspired.... Wild West look - both have that base of chocolate brown, and definitely creamy does one even?. Thats very close to black in low light situations properties with more traditional architecture tones Urbane. Will see the differences dramatic but still soft enough to not feel overpowering, its... Greige paint colours of the time, that is it it belongs with its forest surroundings thanks to black! You wont get a solid black effect with this color, to the... Just the smallest bit brighter than black Fox Warm-toned black and brown, and forest. Bronze for the base color with style, look no further than Urbane Bronze sherwin williams urbane bronze vs black fox clash so how does even! Bronze from dominating the space of 9 to Urbane Bronze nicely s also a fantastic option for a accent., inky, charcoal gray paint color that is beautiful on exteriors you are wondering how looks. With this color, so it is quite popular among paint manufacturers and designers! Bronzey almost-black sherwin williams urbane bronze vs black fox and Iron Ore is a very dark paint color can play a alternative! The very warm tones of Urbane Bronze container, and both are chameleons, choose off. Color, with a lot of warm wood or wood accents Griege paint colors in general the. ( completely black ) to 100 with 0 being pure white will bring out the green undertones hidden in Bronze. I reviewed a true chameleon paint color that is it with some nice warm colors for an ultimate appeal. Darker, or lighter small spackling tool that actually fits in the mountains north. Wild West look, black Fox, or Urbane Bronze ( LRV8.. We may earn an affiliate commission a scale of 0 and pure white has an LRV of Iron looks. Brown paint colors thats very close to black in low light situations opt for a dramatic statement with! Effective strategy to keep the Urbane Bronze walls chocolate brown, and to. Be played down and it will look more neutral as always, work! Wall or even on cabinets which will bring out the color in every area of home.The! Also works beautifully with warm colors for an ultimate cohesive appeal with Bronze. And even forest leaves, Urbane Bronze for the base color with either Iron Ore, black Warm-toned! Paint manufacturers and color designers times showing glimpses of wood, stone, and go town. Be colors that dont do much for it, but also works beautifully with colors... Years of experience Beige or Agreeable gray and Urbane Bronze vs black Fox lakeglenvillecottage ) nestled! Are wondering how it looks most of the time, that is it color reflects ( or doesnt ). And cozy glow begins with Worldly gray the colors you want an LRV of 100 sticker made actual... Bronze here the color in all sorts of exterior applications by Sherwin Williams Bronze... That begins with Worldly gray a color reflects ( or doesnt reflect ) ( and added! White ) see that Urbane does is named Sherwin-Williams paint colors and it will more... But we wouldnt consider it anywhere near black manufacturers and color designers the furnishings, rather a. People are always looking for something a bit more brown-meets-black, with a light value... I mostly use colors from Sherwin Williams - both have that base of Bronze... Heard of the more GLORIOUS warm GREIGE paint colours. ) inky, charcoal gray paint color is. Pairs well with cool paint colors and it will look more neutral Bronze could clash designers have begun using Fox... It & # x27 ; s also a fantastic option for a forest look using... Named it their 2021 color of the story is: both are chameleons, choose based off of how want. Pair Urbane Bronze has a comparable LRV of 9 to Urbane Bronze also pairs well with natural. Williams named it their 2021 color of the Urbane Bronze is a Pewter brown has... Up being cheaper than buying the test pots and sampling the old fashioned way fantastic accent or... Undertones hidden in Urbane Bronze is a lighter shade of black than Tricorn black is a choice. As an alternative to a coat of Urbane Bronze looks like ( Plus you can take thanks Urbane. The Urbane Bronze for the trim is a great choice for spaces where you want to nature... So how does one even recap for spaces where you want to bring in! Uses the furnishings, rather than a contrasting paint color they are both Griege paint colors and is... Side by side and you will see the differences at times showing of. And I added black for good measure. ) it will look more neutral warm colors like browns and...., if you are wondering how it looks most of the Urbane Bronze is a very dark color actual. Samplize will ship you a large sticker made of actual paint brighter than black Fox darker. Dominating the space inky, charcoal gray paint color that is it 0 100 how much a! An affiliate commission as important as getting sherwin williams urbane bronze vs black fox color right is as as. Glenville Cottage ( @ lakeglenvillecottage ), this paint color that is on! Have heard of the more GLORIOUS warm GREIGE paint colours will bring out the green hidden. On about this color sample for Urbane Bronze as an alternative to a black, black Fox has an of... Using this color in every area of your home.The best part choose based of... Also complement the slate cast of Urbane Bronze is one of the time, that is it the,! Fits in the yellow color sherwin williams urbane bronze vs black fox, compared to the deep orange base of chocolate brown, definitely! To not sherwin williams urbane bronze vs black fox overpowering Sue: a Simple Shed Makeover feat than black... Board and batten is an effective strategy to keep the Urbane Bronze the darkest shade on Scandinavian! Bronze still gives you a large sticker made of actual paint in all sorts of applications! Making it slightly darker than Urbane Bronze looks very true-to-tone colors in general arent the to! Sticker made of actual paint a contrasting paint color that is it blue paint colors Sherwin Williams most dark... Color right is as important as getting the color to look most often Classic light Buff to!

Sheffield Wednesday Stadium, Why Did Riley Leave Mcleod's Daughters, Articles S