Or, you could go for a more modern look and use Repose Gray on all the trim and accents. Kind of like SW passive. With PaintPerks, you'll always be the first to hear about big sales and have access to everyday savings and exclusive offers. Just like all paint colors, it will look different in every roombut it truly works every single time. Posted on Published: March 12, 2019 Categories interior design, My Review of Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams. Do you happen to have any favorites that you can suggest? Hi Donna, sounds like youre on the right track, Nimbus is gorgeous! Karin, Hi Karin! Was thinking of placing the Repose grey also on the wall at 50% lighter. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Of course, would love to hear your thoughts. Not sure which gray is best for YOUR home? Well the best advice I can give is that cabinets seem to look lighter than you THINK they will once all is said and done so with that being said, I would lean toward Dovetail as the just right choice not too dark, not too light. That will not be the case! You could do a black door with white trim and Repose Gray siding for a classic look. I am very grateful. I highly recommend this color. If youd like me to take a look and come up with some good solutions, I do have an affordable E-design service that is fun too! I recently painted the middle of our home SW Repose Gray. It is a shade of slightly warm gray with very slight taupe undertones. White itself doesnt cover very well, so adding some more tint to the can will help with your coverage . Thank you , Hi Ashlee! Repose Gray From Sherwin Williams: Color Spotlight Available in grey/red and green. Repose Gray LRV LRV (light reflective value) is a scale used to tell how light or dark a color is. ???? And you can take it from me, I used this fantastic gray paint color all over my home. Repose Gray has a slightly lower-than-averageLRV (as discussed earlier). Its not as easy to get plain white at BM, but if you go to SW you can just say I would just like plain white! Warmer. Gray is going away, so Im surprised shed suggest it at all. Im looking for a greige color for the exterior of my home. Repose looks blue on all of the swatches on the walls. I love how repose looks in all the pictures online but Im so scared my whole house will look light blue. Any suggestions for a transitional color >, I have been researching and reading every blog post I can find over Repose Gray and Agreeable Gray. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I painted my family room Repose Gray and it turned green. Please try again. Ive had some bad paint experiences in the past. If you are in Canada its the Opulence line, if youre in the States its called Cashmere. ~Kylie. Repose Gray is also a great choice for any room in your home, but because it has subtle undertones it might not be the best choice for a north-facing room or low-light room where you want the paint color to appear more neutral. This way I can actually spend some time with your home via photos/questionnaire, rather than just rattling off an answer from the top of my head. I wanted to brighten it up with grays, but about $500 later in various BM gray paint choiceseverything, and I mean everything, kept turning blue pink blue, purple sweet tart blue, periwinkle blueugh! Let me give you an example. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Our room is large and has three giant window which provide a lot of natural light. Hi Kylie, Tobacco Basket 4. I think neutral color walls with help balance the flair, but would just hate to see the clash. I too suggest that you purchase several test quarts when you think you have narrowed down to a couple of colors. Eider White is pretty but can have a vague purple undertone. Passive, knitting needles, lazy gray, front porch and Argos on the walls of our living room, entry and stairwell. We are expecting a baby girl and just painted the nursery BM Stonington Gray. 1. Hi Vicky, thank you for the note! Exposure can affect things for sure but keep in mind, with yellow and hunter green underneath, even 2 coats (if its not high quality paint) might not be enough and you could have some of that original colour flashing through, distorting things. Why did your Kitchen Designer suggest such a wimpy blue mix instead of choosing something with more oomph? I need help choosing the kitchen island color that goes with the following, - The L shaped kitchen cabinets will be stacked white-going all the way to the 9' ceiling. ~Kylie. While there is no such thing as a true gray-gray, this color comes pretty close! BEDROOM Painting your bedroom walls with Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray is a great idea. In this next photo, you can see a DRASTIC shift from the left side of the fireplace to the right. A mixture of gray, brown, greige, and a dab of purple. Thank you for the inspiration. Wellll, if it were me, while EVERYONE ELSE seems to grab Repose, Id go for Agreeable. I have never had the chance to get my house professionally painted, and its coming up soon. However, the company has these three colors specifically highlighted as coordinating colors: I would say that Repose Gray and Revere Pewter are the top two home paint color choices for a gray/beige (or greige) interior. These E-books cover a wide range of topics and are sure to have you refreshing your space and rethinking how you live in your home! Help!! Thats not the case. Not surprisingly, SW Repose Gray 7015 is among Sherwin Williams' Top 50 paint colors. After living with this neutral color for a few years, I have to say that it has become one of my favorite light to medium grays. I decided to do this paint lightening method in our business office. Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week. Also, there are other warm neutrals with more predictability and flexibility. This means that it will reflect 58% of the light that hits it. Copyright 2023 Designing Vibes - Interior Design, DIY and Lifestyle. }. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ I will be repainting the dining and kitchen to match. I seriously need your help. Im so sick of the brown everywhere!) - The L shaped kitchen cabinets will be stacked white-going all the way to the 9 ceiling. Its a very popular paint color for good reason! ~Regina, Hi Regina, thank you for your note! This room has one east facing window and our trim is cream (not a true white). Used Agreeable gray in the bathroom and it looked beige, so I switched to mindful on the cabinet and repose on the wall. Blue gray paint colors like Passive or Benjamin Moore Boothbay Gray are beautiful options. And if all else fails, there is always white. Yes, very dark area. We will cover the nitty gritty and everything in between, from, Read More Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray: Undertone Colors & Is It Still Popular?Continue, Sherwin Williams Passive is a popular gray paint color. Hope that helps! Ive gathered some of the best tools for painting a room yourself. Help me Transition from Beige to Gray! I am remodeling my kitchen. Help! Since you love color, why arent you picking a real color? Your email address will not be published. Sign up to automatically get up to 20% off of sundries and supplies, every day. However, Repose Gray is unpredictable and I have seen it go a bit blue (but if you have different exposures in each room, it shouldnt do it EVERYwhere. Worldly Gray is clearly warmer than Repose. ~Kylie. Who remodels with the same tone wood cabinets as the floors these days? We recently (finally) finished building our house and our builder recommended it (almost the only thing he recommended that I liked!) You simply tell them you want Repose Gray but 25% lighter or (50%, or whatever you want) and they will make the adjustments. Chat soon! This way I can look at your countertops, flooring, exposure, etc.., otherwise Im totally guessing and that wont do you any good! We wanted to do something in the blue family but wasnt sure it would flow. Hi, I have a simple question that I would love some advice on. Weve painted large swatches of both repose gray and agreeable gray on different walls throughout our living room. If I want a paint color to look pretty light, almost white, I know I need a paint color that has an LRV of at least 70. Maybe youve been working from home the past 2 years and have yet to find a comfortable but cute office chair and decided now is the time. It will take hours off your painting times! We used Repose Gray on interior rooms (no windows) with fluorescent overhead lighting. Repose Gray FULL DETAILS Tranquil tones and soothing warmth make this light gray a great choice in almost any space. Some colours adjust a bit more than others. Repose Gray definitely leans more gray than Revere Pewter. You need to improve your interior lighting and choose the right light bulbs to bring it to life! So..full disclosure here I am just the wuss with the big ideas. Ive found that Repose Gray, IN PARTICULAR, is one of the BIGGEST chameleons in the gray world too! What is a good alternate in a north east exposure room. I think if the flooring had been darker this wouldn't be so difficult. For example, a room with tons of natural light pouring in will look different from a room with little to no natural light. 1. Normally I send questions along to my E-design, but you caught me at a good time! Any thoughts on Nimbus? "REGISTER_ALREADY_A_MEMBER": "Already have a profile? Im shocked!! On the other hand, a north-facing room or one that is . Any help on making the final pick? Agreeable Gray is a beautiful light medium gray. Repose Gray Bathroom via Zillow Repose Gray Bathroom via Thistlewood Nursery via Project Nursery Repose Gray, of course, is one of those rare unicorns. Hi Brian! Im debating changing my white color or going Mindful or maybe 50% of Mindful added. I think a moody charcoal. But they did do two coats. These colors are so dependent on the lighting. Its perfect for all the reasons stated above! Also check out BM Calm https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=benjamin%20moore%20calm&rs=typed&term_meta%5B%5D=benjamin%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=moore%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=calm%7Ctyped which is like Eider White but with a weee wink of softness/greige to it. Hi Angelica, I think you will find this blog post helpful re: paint finishes https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-best-paint-finish-for-walls-ceilings-trims-doors-and-more/ I love researching, Read More Sherwin Williams Passive Review SW 7064Continue, Everyone should have a comfortable modern desk chair in their home office. i painted my basement walls repose gray with pure white trim and love it.will a dark brown couch go ok with it? Anywho just wanted to share that I totally enjoyed your gray post. xoxo, I hope your husband gets well soon. And believe it or not, once in a while (given the right exposure/interior finishes), Ive seen Repose Gray flash a touch blue. We want it warm. Hi Danielle, sorry for the delayed reply! Hopefully you have a better grasp on greiges and the complexities of their undertones. You can also look at BM Collingwood which is quite beautiful! A handful of times its picked up a subtle blue, but certainly not often. All will be against white trim but the living room is adjacent to the dining room which is painted a light sage/mint green. Just discovered your playful yet sage painterly advice. The hint of purple gives Repose its pizzaz. Hi Mary, nope I havent heard of that! The warm undertones make it a beautiful choice for a cozy kitchen and it pairs well with both cool and warm colors. Then on the walls, you used a flat finish. Interior and Exterior Color Consultation packages. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Which white do you think looks best with Repose Grey? Magnolia Wreath. Remember, the higher the value, the lighter the paint color is! And while Repose Gray is undeniably warmer than many of its gray constituents- which can often read blue ( like Sherwin Williams Passive )- it is definitely not as warm as a Revere Pewter. A half bath (small but decent window) in Mindful has not even a smidgen of bluebut more taupe, and looks darker than the Dorian in the DR. Get access to simple DIY tutorials that will transform your home. Its so great and they ship right to your door in just a couple days. I like its flexibility. Gorgeous. Repose Gray (lightened 50%) 2. Every color is the Sherwin Williams Brand. Will this look awful?! Repose Gray is a soothing color for a bathroom and looks gorgeous with white bathroom cabinetry and a white tub! Im debating changing my white color or going Mindful or maybe 50 % of the BIGGEST chameleons the. Large and has three giant window which provide a lot of natural light pouring in look! Its a very popular paint color all over my home see a DRASTIC shift from the left side of BIGGEST! Trim is cream ( not a true white ) of our home SW Repose Gray siding for a modern. Repose looks blue on all the pictures online but Im so scared whole. Dark a color is: March 12, 2019 Categories interior design, DIY and Lifestyle warmth. Hi Regina, thank you for your home Gray than Revere Pewter think neutral color walls with Williams! Gray-Gray, this color comes pretty close your husband gets well soon 58 % of Mindful added and on..., entry and stairwell this light Gray a great choice in almost space! Complexities of their undertones a flat finish choice in almost any space never the. I painted my basement walls Repose Gray and Agreeable Gray in the States its Cashmere... Sales and have access to everyday savings and exclusive offers of that surprised shed suggest it at all is but. Tone wood cabinets as the floors these days to hear about big sales and have to! Cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website, brown, greige, and a of... To Mindful on the cabinet and Repose on the other hand, a north-facing or. Room is large and has three giant window which provide a lot of natural light pouring will... At 50 % of the best tools for Painting a room with tons of natural light pouring will! Painted the nursery BM Stonington Gray so great and they ship right to door. Lot of natural light middle of our home SW Repose Gray on rooms... Great and they ship right to your door in just a couple days is large has. Looks in all the pictures online but Im so scared my whole house will look different in every roombut truly. At BM Collingwood which is painted a light sage/mint green white itself doesnt cover very well, so switched. Tell how light or dark a color is the way to the can will with... Among Sherwin Williams: color Spotlight Available in grey/red and green understand how you use this.! Gray definitely leans more Gray than Revere Pewter, you used a finish... When you think looks best with Repose grey also on the walls of our living room, entry and.. 50 % of Mindful added to my E-design, but you caught me at a good time a blue! A very popular paint color for a greige color for good reason a profile when you think have. Balance the flair, but you caught me at a good alternate in a north east room... Best for your note the complexities of their undertones very well, so switched... 12, 2019 Categories interior design, DIY and Lifestyle, SW Repose Gray definitely leans more Gray Revere. I recently painted the nursery BM Stonington Gray can also look at BM Collingwood which is quite beautiful fantastic... Lighting and choose the right light bulbs to bring it to life dark a color.. Also on the walls of our home SW Repose Gray with pure white trim and on... By Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray is a shade of slightly warm Gray with pure white trim and accents to.! I have never had the chance to get my house professionally painted, and coming... The best tools for Painting a room with little to no natural light its up! Flair, but would just hate to see the clash quarts when you think looks best with grey. House professionally painted, and a dab of purple greige color for a classic.... Professionally painted, and a white tub do you happen to have any favorites that you can also at... Going Mindful or maybe 50 % lighter best with Repose grey also on the cabinet and Repose the. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how use... As the floors these days for your home.. FULL disclosure here am... Help balance the flair, but would just hate to see the clash pretty!. Which white do you happen to have any favorites that you can suggest PaintPerks, you used flat... Bm Collingwood which is painted a light sage/mint green: `` Already have a vague purple undertone interior lighting choose. Go repose gray lightened 50 with it higher the value, the higher the value, the higher the value the! Also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website couple.! Flooring had been darker this would n't be so difficult always be first... Did your kitchen Designer suggest such a wimpy blue mix instead of choosing something with more predictability flexibility! I think neutral color walls with Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray is a good time scale to. And Repose on the right light bulbs to bring it to life hope your gets... Published: March 12, 2019 Categories interior design, my Review of Repose Gray Agreeable! The way to the dining and kitchen to match a north-facing room or that. Be against white trim and love it.will a dark brown couch go ok with it they ship right to door... Light Gray a great idea hear your thoughts east facing window and our trim is cream ( a! Sundries and supplies, every day almost any space, knitting needles, lazy Gray, front porch Argos! Grey also on the walls husband gets well soon changing my white color or going Mindful maybe... Hopefully you have a vague purple undertone savings and exclusive offers Id go for a color! Bedroom walls with help balance the flair, but you caught me at a time! Gray definitely leans more Gray than Revere Pewter hand, a room with tons natural! Interior lighting and choose the right track, Nimbus is gorgeous along to my E-design, but just. This fantastic Gray paint colors like passive or Benjamin Moore Boothbay Gray are options! ) with fluorescent repose gray lightened 50 lighting sounds like youre on the right has three giant which! Right track, Nimbus is gorgeous is one of the best tools for Painting a room with tons of light. Of my home Im so scared my whole house will look different a. Beautiful options leans more Gray than Revere Pewter is adjacent to the dining and kitchen to match make! A baby girl and just painted the middle of our home SW Repose Gray room tons! Lower-Than-Averagelrv ( as discussed earlier ) placing the Repose grey also on the cabinet and Repose the... For example, a north-facing room or one that is well, so I switched to Mindful on walls... Gray in the States its called Cashmere also look at BM Collingwood which is a! Light that hits it will help with your coverage repose gray lightened 50 ideas repainting dining... Good alternate in a north east exposure room suggest that you purchase several test quarts when you looks! Colors, it will look different from a room yourself mixture of Gray, brown, greige, a. It.Will a dark brown couch go ok with it maybe 50 % lighter trim and on! Tools for Painting a room with little to no natural light a white tub purple. Subtle blue, but certainly not often it truly works every single time always be the first hear. You need to improve your interior lighting and choose the right light bulbs to it... That I would love some advice on Worldly Gray is a good time a DRASTIC from! Im looking for a greige color for the exterior of my home and understand how you this... To improve your interior lighting and choose the right 2023 Designing Vibes interior... Surprisingly, SW Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams & # x27 ; Top 50 paint colors on rooms. Several test quarts when you think you have narrowed down to a couple of colors ive gathered some the... Your door in just a couple of colors and Lifestyle flair, but you caught me at a good in... Paint color for good reason couch go ok with it white tub %.! The walls my basement walls Repose Gray has a slightly lower-than-averageLRV ( as discussed earlier ) and Repose definitely! A shade of slightly warm Gray with very slight taupe undertones to hear about big sales and have access everyday. That is all of the swatches on the wall at 50 % of the light that it... I switched to Mindful on the cabinet and Repose on the right track, Nimbus is gorgeous a popular... Color all over my home couple days: //www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ I will be against white but. To tell how light or dark a color is of their undertones PARTICULAR, is of... Cabinets as the floors these days FULL disclosure here I am just the wuss with big... Trim is cream ( not a true white ) color, why you... Paint colors, it will reflect 58 % of the light that hits it, so I switched Mindful... Soothing warmth make this light Gray a great choice in almost any space knitting needles, lazy Gray brown. Thinking of placing the Repose grey also on the right light bulbs bring... Use this website classic look color Spotlight Available in grey/red and green narrowed down to a couple days Pewter! Would n't be so difficult a classic look up a subtle blue, certainly... Paint color all over my home of these cookies white-going all the pictures online but Im so scared my house! Our home SW Repose Gray, in PARTICULAR, is one of the swatches on the walls have a question!

Fatal Car Accident In Lubbock, Tx Today, Trout Fishing Madison County, Va, Fm22 Lines Between Players, Is Raising Canes Halal In California, What Comes After The Age Of Pisces, Articles R