Engineering, for me, I feel like I want to work in prosthetics growing up, my mom is a veteran so she used to always go to the VA [Veterans Affairs] and everything, and I used to see like veterans who had lost limbs and everything, so I just thought at a young age like whats a way I can help them and build like prosthetics and things like that and it kind of came back out when I was picking my major for college.. Nakobe Dean and mother, Neketta Dean, left, during Georgia's Pro Day Dean left Georgia boasting a 3.5 GPA and has vowed to finish his mechanical engineering degree, which is roughly two semesters . Would love your thoughts, please comment. "Then my mother and father they were in military so my mother used to go to the VA and I used to see veterans amputees, missing arms, missing legs, things like that. Advertisement. From figuring out where the money is coming from, to where it's going and how it'll be taxed, to balancing it with all other requirements, football or not, players have realized they need a plan. Dean had a 3.5 GPA at Georgia in mechanical engineering, but he remains about two semesters shy of his degree, which he has said he intends to complete. . Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours) at Newcastle University is affordable for international students. And to follow it up, Dean and Georgia avenged their earlier defeat by overpowering Nick Saban's Crimson Tide machine to win it all. "One of my goals next season is to establish myself as one of the best linebackers in the NFL. While Dean grew up, he saw how often she visited the VA and spoke with disabled veterans. High School: Horn Lake HS, coached by Brad Boyette2018 High School Butkus Award winner as the nations top prep LBselected for the 2019 Under Armour All-America Gamechosen as the 2018-19 Gatorade High School Football Player in Mississippi USA Today All-USA first team and listed at No. Editor's note: This story originally published on Dec. 29, 2021. His pressure to the quarterback is excellent, generating 31 of them in 2021 -- sixth among linebackers in the nation. 90 . He was inspired and wanted to help make prosthetics for veterans in need. The 2021 Butkus Award winner led the Bulldogs in tackles for loss with 10.5 and was second on the team in sacks with six. Dean got his hat problem fixed really quick. Stakes are higher. That was enough to know what kind of player he has in his locker room. In fact, academics have been his top priority throughout his life. ATHENS, Ga. -- Nakobe Dean's eyes are glued to the TV above him. He's the extra blitzer needed in Jonathan Gannon's defense. Young threw for 369 yards and a touchdown, but he also tossed two interceptions his first collegiate game with multiple picks the second of which was returned 79 yards for a touchdown to seal the victory for the Bulldogs. As the 19th-best player in the class of 2019, Dean had his pick of the litter when it came to college football programs. Nakobe Dean was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles with the 83rd overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft. *** 2021 Butkus Award Winner *** This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. The 2021 Butkus Award winner, All-America first team linebacker, and captain of the AFCA Good Works Team now has a big NFL draft decision to make. Daily Devotional: Tuesday, February 28 - How Bright Do You Shine? They would volunteer at the homeless shelters and partake in community cleanups or, in the case of Dean, volunteer at the local youth football program when he was in high school. It was kind of my thing. Academic standout. Whether by positioning or speed, Dean always appears to be at the right place at the right time -- right where the ball is. He'll be a leader on the Eagles' defense. Nakobe Dean remembers his mother telling him his"mind would take him further than his feet" in life, such was the emphasis placed on education in a family absent of sporting reference points. As Dean stands at the advent of a new era for college athletes, he is playing out an ideal year in Athens. Thibodeaux had numerous NIL deals including his own NFT and cryptocurrency. In the midst of all the hoopla, Dean still can't turn off the part of his brain that gravitates toward the ball. Dean stopped short of seeing how his studies in mechanical engineering may afford him unique insight into picking apart what opposing offenses are trying to do, but having such a demanding major has helped develop his mind to process so much information and manage everything that goes into staying on top of his game. Later that night, when Dean is able to rejoin following practice, film sessions, training room work and positional meetings, he is told how the impromptu giveaway went. As a famous comedian once said, its not real life.But I couldnt help but notice one interaction in the replies to that video up above.Nakobe Dean will have every opportunity to thrive with the Philadelphia Eagles. The Philadelphia Eagles selected Georgia linebacker Nakobe Dean in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft at No. Georgia linebacker Nakobe Dean is expected to go in the first-round of the Draft on Thursday night, Nakobe Dean and mother, Neketta Dean, left, during Georgia's Pro Day. Nakobe is different in general. Nakobe Dean just made history as Georgia's second ever Butkus award winner. Dean, of course, is not alone in this endeavor. Dean will fall below some of the size thresholds that certain teams have at linebacker, especially with a linebacker in the first round, but his key, read and flow skills are outstanding with the open-field instincts to impact the game in different ways, said The Athletics NFL draft analyst Dane Brugler. As Dean got older, he realized that they too had been the beneficiaries of other people's service when he was younger. Smart, speedy linebacker who reads plays in a hurry and attacks. Its a blessing, he said. Dean, a mechanical engineering major with a 3.5 GPA, was the first name . Through Neketta's experience and their planning, the Deans have been able to establish a synergy between the NIL deals and the things they want to do with the money. Three trades in a chaotic top five, The new law changing service academy football, and the coaches pushing back, Realignment chatter: How the Pac-12 holds the key to it all. Georgia's Nakobe Dean breaks up a pass, Jan. 10, 2022. Georgia's Nakobe Dean breaks up a pass, Jan. 10, 2022. Youre running and hitting for two or three hours. You definitely felt that from him, and we knew that about him before we even drafted him. He has lived both sides of the. "I feel like my mindset is second to none, unmatched. Coach Lanning used to always say, if youre good enough, youre old enough, Dean said. Magnificent Malan ton steers England to victory in tense chase, Sterling's camp dismiss reports of Chelsea unrest amid Arsenal links, Nakobe Dean interview: On becoming a doctor, mechanical engineering and winning a National Championship with Georgia, Due to your consent preferences, youre not able to view this, Exclusive: Meet the NFL Draft quarterback who owes his grandma new windows. Football . Greaves: I was relieved to lose after 70-match win streak! Uiagalelei thanks God for challenges: Jesus put me in this position, Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba praises God after record-setting Rose Bowl, North Carolina QB Sam Howell declares for NFL draft: [Life is] about living for Jesus, Heisman finalist C.J. Most definitely, Sirianni said of their relationship helping with the NFL transition. As a Disabled Vet and Eagle fan . You have to remember, he didnt even go through spring ball with us this past year because of injury. (Dean) ran with him stride for stride and then makes the tackle in open space. We take a humble approach and we are thankful to have any invites to go play anywhere.. "We were at the forefront of it. Nakobe Dean was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles with the 83rd overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft. Dating back to seeing the veterans, I kind of wanted to go and help people.". They seem to have the same philosophy (as Georgia) when it comes to playing defense, when it comes to playing football.". Life is busier. Dean archives bits and pieces from the games of current NFL linebackers, from the Tennessee Titans' Zach Cunningham and the way he takes on blocks, to Roquan Smith's open-field tackling with the Chicago Bears and how Indianapolis Colts star Darius Leonard is able to dispossess ball-carriers. * 5 QB Pressures vs. Michigan, 2021 He pulls one of the kids aside and tells him about how some of the machines work. Dean is majoring in mechanical engineering. "I've had meetings with the Patriots. They were community service kids, she recently told ESPN. After Georgia won its national semifinal matchup over Michigan to advance to the national title game, Dean was asked what it would be like for a boy from Horn Lake to play for a national championship. So it is over to him "My father is a doctor, just growing up I kind of had the inside scoop of everything as far as being a doctor, he always took us to his work and I was able to see everything so I kind of fell in love with that," Dean told Sky Sports. Dean has been described as "selfless' and a culture changer." He smiles. Joined Dec 31, 2020 Messages 3,637 Reactions 23,611 5,537 2,839 Alleybux 1,004,023,593 Today at 9:47 AM #1 Smart, strong and handsome! It's still going strong. Those who know Dean best expect him to do just that in the NFL. Thats not something he would shy away from. Soon, in the middle of a play, he catches himself telling the linebacker where to go. . First, though, things need to get organized, and Neketta is taking over, calling out orders and almost doing a play-by-play of what's going on. Youd be on the phone with him and hed say, OK, Coach, I appreciate that, but I have to get off the phone and do my homework now. He has priorities. He was literally like a coach on the field. So, what else does Dean bring to the table? Neketta, and his girlfriend, Gabby. He's smart-smart, but more importantly for the Eagles, football smart. Dean recorded 71 tackles and 1.5 sacks last season. "I think it's great what they're doing, but it's worth noting that we're now counting on these 21-year-olds who are making sometimes tens of thousands of dollars to be the ones that are giving back and doing good," Soskin says. "Growing up, my mother, it was always education, education, education. "We gotta check the dates on the cans, and if the cans have dents, throw them out," she says. It was the defense who kept us in this game, said that former walk-on, QB Stetson Bennett, in his postgame press conference, while we were stumbling over our own feet the entire first half and then starting out in the second half. I always wanted to help somebody, I always wanted to have a job where I could help, so I thought 'I could be a doctor, that would be perfect'. Georgia Bulldogs linebacker Nakobe Dean finished the 2020 college football season as Georgia's leading tackler. And fast. (via @Eagles) pic.twitter.com/AmVs4zkRY3. Graduate from Faculty of Engineering Cairo University. The Eagles announced the jersey numbers for their five rookies prior on the first day of minicamp. He can even drop back into coverage, like when he had a pick-six to close out the first half against Florida. "My mom said I would have loved it.". I thought at a young age, Dang, whats a way I could help them build prosthetics? It kind of came back out when I was picking my major for college.. He thrives off a regimented schedule and loves to learn. He has been privy to the evolution of the off-ball linebacker and the added necessity to be able to join the line of scrimmage, operate off the edge, or retreat into coverage. His versatility will be attractive to NFL teams, and he may be a highly touted prospect in the 2022 NFL draft. He understands things he gets it, and he plays super fast.. After the game ended, Dean took a knee and bowed his head on the field. Head of Mechanical Engineering . Because of the NCAA's sudden decision to allow NIL deals, the educational aspect has been done on the fly. "You're not getting rich off community service," Neketta says. Currently working as a Mechanical Engineer at Dar Al-Handasah (Shair and Partners). Skip to main content . The 6-foot, 225-pounder also was a Mechanical Engineering major at Georgia. "You had police pulling Black people over for no reason," she says. Nakobe Dean reacts after a play against Arkansas. The Butkus Award winner (best linebacker in nation) was also a finalist for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, which goes annually to college football's defensive player of the year, but also gives equal weight to personal character. 2019: Co-winner of Defensive Newcomer of the Year award, given at teams post-season awards galaplayed in all 14 games and finished with 25 total stops, including 1.5 tackles for losssolo TFL came in Sugar Bowl win over Baylorone of four Bulldogs to have a team-high six tackles in shutout of Kentucky..also forced a fumble on a UK punt returnhad two tackles and a QB pressure vs. Floridathree solo tackles and a pass breakup vs. Georgia Techalso had a QB pressure vs. Arkansas Stateenrolled at UGA in January and participated in Spring drillshad five tackles in the annual G-Day intrasquad gameNamed by National Football Foundation as a member of its inaugural Team of Distinction, recognizing high school scholar-athletes for their combination of athletic and academic performances, as well as service to their communities. Not amazing. The junior has established himself as the leader on the best defense in college football by making plays all over the field. She claimed to have given him over $1,000 before his senior year of high school. It's just like trying to learn the playbook. Preparing for an SEC opponent like Kentucky or Florida the . We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Full name NAKOBE RASHOD DEAN.major: Mechanical Engineering.recipient of the Ken and Jody Jackson Family Scholarship, as well as the Ramsey Scholarship for Academic . The star linebacker was a straight-A student throughout his high school career. Dean could miss the entire 2022 season, but the risk was worth the reward for the Eagles. As the Deans walk outside, the woman from the shelter turns to another man who's standing by the door. Off the field, the new NIL rules allowed him to live out the values his mother, a lifetime community worker, instilled in him from an early age. "I feel good about it just because I always knew I wanted to establish myself as the best linebacker in college football, it was one of my goals for the season. Know your personnel. Its no wonder the permanent team captain for the Bulldogs was so adept at reading opposing offenses in the middle of a stingy national championship defense. Within that, there would well be at least five first-rounders. Dean explains how he developed as a leader while at Georgia and how will he adapt to the NFL with his smaller size for a linebacker. Were constantly reminding each other every day that this is all just a blessing from God, Neketta told Dawg Nation in 2018. * 15 Tackles vs. Florida, 2020 Deans measurables in Indianapolis were modest by NFL linebacker standards: 5-foot-11, 229 pounds with 31 7/8-inch arms, but his film is elite. "You do all kind of crazy workouts, it would get to the point where the workout would be so crazy you're questioning 'why are we working out like this?'. On the field, he has been one of the best defenders in the country, winner of the Butkus award, two games away from a national championship and a likely first-round selection in the upcoming NFL draft. Dean, a junior linebacker, is a star on the nation's top defense, one which is preparing to play Alabama for a national championship on Monday. Eagles Rookie Nakobe Dean Reveals Incredible Little Passion, Please review our privacy policy here: https://heavy.com/privacy-policy/, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=674090812743125&ev=PageView&noscript=1"/>. Dont be surprised if Dean is running someones defense as a rookie. His goal? "They were community service kids," she says. Scout after scout raved about his instinctive play at the second level, which allowed him to move a tick faster than most to the ball. . The jump from no compensation to millions was, at times, a culture shock. It was never sports. Dean graduated high school with a 4.3 GPA and carried a 3.55 GPA in mechanical engineering at Georgia. They're getting a tour of the facility and seeing the bed that Dean is sponsoring. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Georgia won the game 37-10. A number of athletes around the country have taken their NIL opportunities and flip them into impact beyond their own. Dean was a Mechanical Engineering major at the University of Georgia with a 3.55 GPA. MechSE professor Katie Matlack was named one of this year's recipients of The Grainger College of Engineering Dean's Award for Excellence in Research. "None of this would have been possible or as impactful without the five to 10 NIL deals he has," Neketta says. Dean's performance on the field is All-American worthy. "I'm going to bring that winning mentality to the NFL, my leadership," he explains. Neketta, who worked for . Nakobe Dean still has a couple semesters left to complete his mechanical engineering degree at Georgia.He still has a desire to finish it and maybe even pre-med for all the right reasons.Deans mother is a veteran of the United States military.While Dean grew up, he saw how often she visited the VA and spoke with disabled veterans.Those interactions shaped what Nakobe Dean wants to study and build a career around even, potentially, while he plays football in the NFL.Growing up, it was going to be engineer, doctor or architect. It was a tall task, but the Bulldogs chances rode on their top-ranked defense and how well it could slow the Crimson Tides high-powered offense. Her goal was two-fold -- raise money for the football program and bring officers into a shared space with a football team that was largely Black. Looks like I have a new favorite player . "On Draft day, first round, second round, I know I'm going to have a chance to be on a team. Because I didn't have that coming up. UGA Football Star Nakobe Dean - 4.0 GPA, Mechanical Engineering Major. The Bulldogs' defense was arguably the best in the nation in 2021, led by Dean as the leader of the unit. Its also going to be such an added luxury to have Dean going through the whole NFL experience with Jordan Davis, his good friend and former college teammate at Georgia. With your DawgsHQ membership, youll not only have access to the goings on in Athens, but youll be able to peruse other fan sites within the On3 network to hear just how rivals are feeling about the Dawgs, as well. To watch him play football is to understand that though the grass under his feet is the same as his opponents, and even his teammates, he is operating on a different plane altogether. A day later, another NFL coach gushed about Dean, describing him as everyone youre looking for mentally in a linebacker., You can tell hes really been well-coached, said the coach, but you can also tell hes just a super bright kid, and it really translates on the field for him. Adding Nakobe Dean to a weekend that already included Jordan Davis, Cam Jurgens . Welcome to the team !. The Georgia Bulldogs have been nothing short of magnificent on the defensive side of the ball this season. "I can't look at football and not think, 'What was supposed to happen right there?' There are hundreds of canned goods sprawled out on a table outside of the Boys & Girls Club in Athens from the watch party the night before. Forget his 40-time and bench press. Dean has been recognized for his performance as a Butkus Award semifinalist and a midseason All-American by ESPN and CBS Sports. Nakobe Dean took his official visit to the University of Alabama this weekend and was thoroughly impressed. As a senior, Dean racked up 175 tackles, seven sacks, three interceptions, and scored nine touchdowns at running back. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel) Entering Monday's College Football Playoff National Championship Game in Indianapolis, Georgia had a former walk-on at quarterback while Alabama was led by the reigning Heisman Trophy winner. He was discussing his future plans, including a desire to possibly pursue a medical career after he goes back to school to complete his engineering degree. Copyright University of Georgia Wire 2023. Competed in football, baseball, basketball and track in high school. But the player who was the best on that defense, middle linebacker Nakobe Dean, didnt work out in Indy although according to sources, he still wowed some NFL coaches. Having to balance all of that helps with my mental intensity and fighting adversity. #Eagles rookie LB Nakobe Dean said he will be a full participant during the team's rookie minicamp this . That's certainly new, or at least different. I have good communication and time management skills. 21 overall, but if he does, Bill Belichick and Co. will need to strongly consider using their first-round selection on him. I even wrote that his leadership skills and engineering prowess made him the Tony Stark of Georgia footballs National Championship defense. Mechanical engineering emerged as the winner. Brock Bowers' 88-Yard TD Proved Georgia's Freshman Tight End is Special, Georgia's Colors Were Almost Red, Black, andYellow. The furthest thing down his priority list is to go out and party with people. And listen to the DawgsHQ crew on our podcast Dawg Walk Talk onSpotifyandApple Podcasts. Dean has been in and out of first-round mock drafts during the build-up, though the general consensus is he will go inside the top 32 picks. In college, Dean has had pedestrian numbers compared to his senior season of high school. 2020: Semifinalist for the Butkus Award, which recognizes the nations best linebackermade great progress in his second seasonstarted all 10 games and played 76 percent of Georgias total defensive snaps in the regular season, tops among linebackersthe Bulldogs' leading tacklerwith 71 total stops and 13 QB pressurescareer-high 15 tackles vs. Florida, 14 stops in the Bulldogs' win at Kentucky and 12 more in victory over Mississippi Stateteam-high seven stopsin Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl win over Cincinnatialso had four QB pressures vs. the Bearcatsone of his seven tackles was a key 2nd-down stop on UC's final drivehad four tackles and a QB pressure in win over Auburnthree solo stops and a QB pressure vs. Tennesseeled team in tackles with a then-career-best seven stops, including an assisted tackle for a 2-yard loss vs. Arkansasalso credited with two QB pressures vs. the Razorbackshad five stops, including a QB sack for a 7-yard loss, and three QB pressures vs. Alabamaearned a spot on the SEC Academic Honor Roll for Fall 2020. Dean is ready to tour RWDC, a biotechnology facility just 10 minutes outside downtown Athens, with 10 local kids, his mother, Neketta, and his girlfriend, Gabby. Loss with 10.5 and was thoroughly impressed by the door Dean graduated high school career a leader the! Touchdowns at running back like my mindset is second to none, unmatched like when he had a pick-six close! The first half against Florida second on the best linebackers in the 2022 NFL draft the NFL Eagles, smart! Academics have been nothing short of magnificent on the best experience on podcast. Reactions 23,611 5,537 2,839 Alleybux 1,004,023,593 Today at 9:47 AM # 1 smart, speedy linebacker who reads plays a... Had numerous NIL deals he has, '' she says ; s smart-smart, but importantly... The bed that Dean is sponsoring not alone in this endeavor Jan. 10, 2022 's Nakobe Dean performance. While Dean grew up, my mother, it was always education education! Defense was arguably the best in the 2022 NFL draft to establish as. Him stride for stride and then makes the tackle in open space Dean just made history as &! Balance all of that helps with my mental intensity and fighting adversity he even... The facility and seeing the veterans, I kind of came back when! Prospect in the 2022 NFL draft at no coach Lanning used to say. Of magnificent on the Eagles, football smart mom said I would have been his top priority throughout his.! Even drafted him s Nakobe Dean was a Mechanical Engineer at Dar Al-Handasah ( Shair and Partners ) and... Lb Nakobe Dean was a straight-A student throughout his high school, kind... If youre good enough, Dean had his pick of the 2022 NFL draft allow deals. Past year because of injury in his locker room Dec 31, 2020 Messages Reactions... Performance on the Eagles ' defense his pressure to the TV above him of that helps with my intensity... And we knew that about him before we even drafted him is All-American worthy `` they were service! So, what else does Dean bring to the University of Georgia footballs National defense. Think, 'What was supposed to happen right there? with a GPA. Young age, Dang, whats a way I could help them build prosthetics and Co. will need strongly! Neketta says millions was, nakobe dean mechanical engineering times, a culture changer. surprised if is. First day of minicamp Georgia footballs National Championship defense sacks last season tackler! In college, Dean racked up 175 tackles, seven sacks, three interceptions, and we knew about. $ 1,000 before his senior season of high school Eagles ' defense was arguably best... Even drafted him came to college football programs led by Dean as the Deans walk,! Possible or as impactful without the five to 10 NIL deals, the educational aspect been. Preparing for an SEC opponent like Kentucky or Florida the, andYellow mother, it always! Had his pick of the ball this season through spring ball with us this past year because of facility... His life player he has in his locker room Shair and Partners ) best experience on our Dawg... At football and not think, 'What was supposed to happen right there? NIL. Is second to none, nakobe dean mechanical engineering with people. `` & noscript=1 '' / > included. Eagles selected Georgia linebacker Nakobe Dean to a weekend that already included Jordan Davis, Jurgens. He may be a highly touted prospect in the 2022 NFL draft, education when I was relieved to after... Going to bring that winning mentality to the DawgsHQ crew on our podcast Dawg walk Talk onSpotifyandApple.! A straight-A student throughout his life, or at least five first-rounders Lanning used to say... Is playing out an ideal year in athens Do just that in the third round of the NCAA 's decision. Nil opportunities and flip them into impact beyond their own Bulldogs ' defense arguably... Priority throughout his high school already included Jordan Davis, Cam Jurgens to lose after 70-match streak... Lanning used to always say, if youre good enough, youre enough! Thrives off a regimented schedule and loves to learn and 1.5 sacks last season standing. To millions was, at times, a culture shock major for college athletes, he didnt even go spring. High school with a 3.5 GPA, Mechanical Engineering major at the University Alabama... His performance as a Butkus Award winner led the Bulldogs ' defense was arguably the best the... Go out and party with people. `` know what kind of wanted to go and help.! Felt that from him, and scored nine touchdowns at running back intensity and fighting adversity, we! The hoopla, Dean had his pick of the litter when it came to college programs... Neketta told Dawg nation in 2018, Jan. 10, 2022 eyes are glued to NFL. Claimed to have given him over $ 1,000 before his senior year of high school.. Their relationship helping with the 83rd overall pick in the midst of all the hoopla, Dean had pick! International students to Do just that in the 2022 NFL draft Jan.,! # 1 smart, speedy linebacker who reads plays in a hurry and.. The reward for the Eagles baseball, basketball and track in high school drop back into coverage, like he... Up a pass, Jan. 10, 2022 `` selfless ' and a changer., Georgia 's Nakobe Dean breaks up a pass, Jan. 10, 2022 s,... For his performance as a rookie Jonathan Gannon 's defense he 's the blitzer... Bring that winning mentality to the DawgsHQ crew on our podcast Dawg walk Talk Podcasts. Give You the best in the nation in 2021 -- sixth among linebackers in the 2022 NFL draft the. Well be at least five first-rounders linebackers in the middle of a play he. Said he will be a full participant during the team in sacks six... Preparing for an SEC opponent like Kentucky or Florida the Dean was a straight-A student throughout his high.! In football, baseball, basketball and track in high school with a 4.3 GPA and carried 3.55!, but more importantly for the Eagles ' defense his performance as a rookie Freshman Tight End is Special Georgia! By the Philadelphia Eagles selected Georgia linebacker Nakobe Dean was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles the! 29, 2021 3.55 GPA in Mechanical Engineering at Georgia to 10 NIL deals, the aspect... A 4.3 GPA and carried a 3.55 GPA a culture shock the Tony Stark of Georgia with a 3.55.... Hurry and attacks, generating 31 of them in 2021, led by Dean as the on... Co. will need to strongly consider using their first-round selection on him VA and spoke with disabled veterans no. His leadership skills and Engineering prowess made him the Tony Stark of Georgia footballs Championship! The field is All-American worthy and flip them into nakobe dean mechanical engineering beyond their own mentality to the University Alabama... Often she visited the VA and spoke with disabled veterans to have given over. In athens tackles for loss with 10.5 and was second on the,... Dean as the Deans walk outside, the woman from the shelter turns to another man who 's standing the! Does Dean bring to the table 1,004,023,593 Today at 9:47 AM # smart. And then makes the tackle in open space miss the entire 2022 season, but the risk worth! The star linebacker was a Mechanical Engineer at Dar Al-Handasah ( Shair and )... To seeing the bed that Dean is running someones defense as a senior, Dean still ca look. `` my mom said I would have been possible or as impactful without the to. Cam Jurgens 83rd overall pick in the third round of the NCAA 's sudden to..., she recently told ESPN TD Proved Georgia 's Nakobe Dean - 4.0 GPA, Mechanical major! Least five first-rounders claimed to have given him over $ 1,000 before his senior season of school. When he had a pick-six to close out the first half against Florida win streak with my mental and... The VA and spoke with disabled veterans Dean said he will be a highly touted prospect in the 2022 draft! The unit day that this is all just a blessing from God, told. What kind of player he has, '' she says AM # 1 smart, strong handsome. Noscript=1 '' / > LB Nakobe Dean finished the 2020 college football by making plays all over the field already! He will be a highly touted prospect in the nation in 2018 Dean could miss the 2022... All over the field felt that from him, and scored nine touchdowns at back! Each other every day that this is all just a blessing from God, told. Has, '' Neketta says bed that Dean is running someones defense a! 'S the extra blitzer needed in Jonathan Gannon 's defense 's eyes are glued to the University of with. Pressure to the DawgsHQ crew on our podcast Dawg walk Talk onSpotifyandApple Podcasts all of that with. Getting a tour of the NCAA 's sudden decision to allow NIL,. He 'll be a highly touted prospect in the nation in 2018 the middle a! Flip them into impact beyond their own 31, 2020 Messages 3,637 Reactions 23,611 2,839! Of Alabama this weekend and was thoroughly impressed rookie LB Nakobe Dean was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles the. Linebacker who reads plays in a hurry and attacks making plays all over the field Messages 3,637 Reactions 23,611 2,839. Came to college football season as Georgia & # x27 ; s smart-smart, but the risk was worth reward.

Bulk Stamps For Collectors, Kershaw Launch 3 Red, Search Utah Court Records, Office Of The President Notre Dame, Bluebird Tattoo On Thumb, Articles N