That is a fact. Let me start by saying Congrats to The ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha for seeing the greatness that Mrs. Obama represents. I think it's AWESOME that Michelle will become an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority,Inc. We should Just congratulate the organization Michelle choose and move on, b/c everything else sounds like hate and we (African American women) already receive enough of that from other races and our own men. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., for example, belonged to Alpha Phi Alpha, the oldest historically black fraternity. In our (AKA) case, the invitation is extended carefully and formally and the invited party has the option to accept or decline membership. All of our orgs have inactive, letter wearing members so what's new?! If you have that much time and energy, I am sure your respective org would love the extra help. Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King, etc. It seems that everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon. Why you're soooo concerned is very strange to me. You say these mean spirited things because she selected AKA- and I think your attitude toward her is pretty weak. THE 2023 NAACP IMAGE AWARDS BROUGHT ALL OF BLACK HOLLYWOOD OUT! She most recetly played the widowed wife of former fictional heavyweight champion Apollo Creed in the latest installment of the Rocky movie franchise, Creed. For example: I quote: "and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't AKA actually a social organization?" I am so sorry, if you found an organization, and you are not happy, you then make another one.. You should be a comedian. AKA has long participated in the civil rights movement and has worked for many charitable causes. contingent in Washington, D.C. and Chicago, said Lawrence Otis Graham, the author of Our Kind of People:Inside Americas Black Upper Class, If you are truly beautiful, you don't need to call yourself "pretty." Also, compared to other D9 organizations, 150 honorary members is a lot. causes and they enjoy an occasionally friendly rivalry at events such as step-shows. Irritated, Please explain why you are so upset? Lawmakers will weigh in on Mr. Obamas comments on the Sunday shows. As far as history is concerned, AKA history is DST history. I hope she extends her hand to Latino Greeks - we would love to work with you. Michelle Obama Joins Alpha Kappa Alpha, a Historically Black Sorority Michelle Obama has accepted an invitation to become an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, ending weeks of speculation on historically black college campuses about which, if any, sorority she would join. Of course you may never agree about the differences because you are two different organizations. Mr. Graham attended Princeton with Mrs. Obama and said there was not a chapter of the organization on the campus then. She created a legacy that has continued to generate social capital for nearly 110 years.. Joanna Shields served as an educator for more than 20 years, both in the South, where need was . The younger members of AKA that I know are insecure and petty (not pretty). Throughout history, many young men and women have joined these . If you have to downgrade my prestigious organization to make you feel better about your own than I feel sorry that you made the wrong choice! Rational people would understand this concept. Sice you're SOO interested in OUR beloved DST here's lesson number 1: Our sorority WAS incorporated in 1913 and this incorporation was redefined in 1930. And half of the AKA's executive board realized that they needed a change and thus Delta was formed. Facebook, 2023 Created by Raliegh Jones Jr.. However, a spokeswoman for Obama told the New York Times that because of her respect for each of the historically black sororities and fraternities, her membership is non-exclusive. You are nothing more than angry former sorors. to some black people and ask them their thoughts and history of the black Greeks and you might actually learn something. Michelle Obama will choose what she feels best suits her. That sounds pretty selective to me. I love your green top on your profile pic.. As far as you claiming that we get "nasty", scroll up and really decipher which sorority is being "nasty". You have been following in "our" footsteps for 95 years and all you have to say is more of the same. Michelle Arrington was on a plane headed to a beach reunion with her Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority sisters Saturday when American history happened. Her commitment began in 1959, when she was inducted into the Beta Pi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Inc. while pursuing her undergraduate studies at The Alabama State University. That make you look super gay- STOP IT! sororities and fraternities are often called. If she is concerned and truly wants a non-exclusive membership, Membership is extended to female college undergraduate and graduate students. Because we dont need to hate for what!!! Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority (AKA) announced at its Centennial Convention this week that Michelle Obama will be inducted as an honorary member. The sorority also bestows honorary membership as its highest honor.[3]. was offered an honorary membership, which would be quite rude to turn down so according to angry whites here that makes her an elitist because she went to college. If the college freshman wants to be her own person and join a different sorority, she has the ability to do so too. Are negative Greeks now the boss of Michelle Obama? We, the ladies of DST, tend to be more selective. Essence, People, Newsweek, and Vanity Fair Lets celebrate Michelles assent into the elite. All organizations share that distinction. Oh and Delta's are never ghetto just cause the can step! If you look at each orgs national website, their famous members are flashing across the screens (ours is a variety of women from homemakers to execs to chefs to military personnel though so we brag on ALL of our AKAamplished sorors for there are more than MANY- I digress). I really feel in my heart that any one pledges sigma gamma rho or zeta are rejected from AKA or Delta I just dont get why would anyone in their right mind will pledge the other two. And while on the subject of PAPER (lol)I got offered membership into your organization- but chose otherwise. Zoe Kravitz & Channing Tatum's NYC Bike Ride Looks Real Coupledom-Like, Joey Bada$$ & Serayah's Cozy Photo Fuels Dating Speculations, 'BMF' Actress Hints At Split From Jacob Latimore. PEOPLE!!!! [Michelle Obama] is the epitome of what the sorority stands for.. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris has never been shy about sharing her love for her alma mater, Howard University, and her sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha, the country's first Black sorority, founded . This is a big deal in African American social circles. The country is better off for all of you and your sisters who preceded you, Fenty said to thunderous applause. Its really horrible the New Yorker magazine did not realize how their cover perpetuates and appeals to bigoted fears, poor, fearful, illiterates, angry Hillary supporters, and Obama bashers. I can, however see her point. Rounds of whispers inundated the audience of nearly 1,000 people as AKA President Barbara McKinzie read a congratulatory letter from the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Sen. Barack Obama, in honor of the centennial. Now that she has been selected by Alpha Kappa Alpha, I know that Michele Obama must be an outstanding American woman because,According to Alpha Kappa Alpha, the criterion for consideration as an honorary So there is nothing proud of being too proud, no matter who you are. Sen. Raphael Warnock Wins Georgia Senate Runoff Against GOP Nominee Herschel Walker, Chlo Bailey Faces Fierce Backlash For Collaborating With Chris Brown + Breezy Responds to Kiely Williams' Criticism, Quality Control - Home To City Girls, Lil Baby & Migos - Reportedly Sells For $300M+ To Scooter Brauns K-Pop Based Company, QC Honcho Pierre Thomas Responds To Critics. This is a listing of notable alumni and honorary members of Alpha Phi Omega, an international service fraternity.The list includes members of the fraternity who have become well known or who have attained high ranking positions in their particular career field, such as government and politics, academia, science and technology, sports, or business. Yet, little did the sisters know that a new member would be introduced to the traditions of service and friendship that have sustained Alpha Kappa Alpha for the past 100 years. [/quote] BADDIE ALERT! However, McKinzie noted that she had received negative backlash from some questioning the relevance of an AKA Barbie doll in todays society. This is the first doll Mattel has created in its flagship brand that honors a sorority or any predominately Black institution. (I speak for me alone) And for those of you that are blinded by the light to each is own! Alpha Kappa Alpha hold the Guinness world record for having the largest-ever silver service sit down dinner at a convention. -white woman. WHY? SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? Pearlflection, MY soror DOES know her history, the problem is that YOU don't. For example, Im not surprised to learn Jesse Jackson is a Omega, or Q-dog (nickname). Also initiated this year was Dr. Zoanne Clack, a physician and medical consultant for the TV show Greys Anatomy; Deborah-Stewart-Parker, president and CEO of International Business Solutions; C. Vivian Stringer, Rutgers University head coach; Carol H. Williams, CEO and president of the Carol H. Williams Advertising Agency; and Dr. Wangari Muta Mathaai, who was unable to attend the ceremonial induction. Mrs. Obama is such an example of a strong, intelligent, and beautiful woman, and it is an honor and privilege for any organization to have her become a part of it. DST was incorporated in 1930..Not 1913..tsk tsk tsk..Do you know your history?????? can you really see michelle in any other sorority. I know they teach these things in elementary school. Sliding Into Love: Taye Diggs and Apryl Jones Wild DM Romance, 'Shroomy' Sexcapades & Future Nuptials? So I know I cannot change how Greek women interact but can we please at least pretend to have some couth, if this was before, 1970, Michelle Obama would of never been an AKA. sent to daughter. It wasn't until her reign as first lady that she was invited to join the historical divine nine" sorority. SHE chose to accept the invitation. But I could be wrong, maybe Michelle Obama learned a whole lot of history before "accepting her invitation." No one, at least not in their right mind or self-esteem. LOL, Attention, Attention Michelle has NOT been inducted into AKA (check their Natl Webpage), so why all the fuss??? MySpace !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); Membership (honorary or otherwise) in multiple black sororities doesnt exist, Katie. will be made not even for Mrs. Obama. LET IT GO LADIES. Some of yall citing membership into these sororities and can't even produce a finacial card to save your life!! Siddity08 wrote: Yuck! I really became frustrated with the organization because I felt that the true initiatives were slipping away. Well I must say that the SORORS can't win them all, plus we cant hog the spotlight all the time!! I am amazed at the sheer numbers of haters in this world. Most are involved in charitable By the way, what was her outstanding achievements that set her apart in her community and careers? She personifies AKA and many people thought she was a member just on perception a long time before the invitation was issued. For starters, the group's national president, Barbara McKinzie . you rather see us in the hood with no job or in jail? commands. [quote comment="139688"]Now this is the first time I've ever looked at Michelle with a questionable crooked eye. LOL[/quote] . Stop this double standard where if blacks actually pull themselves up by their bootstraps and achieve Listed below are notable Alpha Kappa Alpha women such as the founders and international presidents, and members who are involved in the fields of arts and entertainment, business, civil rights, education, health, law, politics, science, literature and sports. Every organization has honorary members including fraternities. I just dont get it therefore, AKA founded DST too! Sasha Obama will have an easy in to one of University of Michigan's most prosperous sororities if she chooses to rush. Like any legacy, if Sasha Obama decides to join Alpha Kappa Alpha like her mom, she's in. Michelle knows what's up. I would urge her to decline the invitation and work with all fraternities and sororities to address problems in our communities. My sorority inducted her because she exemplies all that we stand for high scholastics, high ideals, and service to all mankind!! Before you post comments in open forums, learn to spell simple words and compose simple sentences. Usually, once a member gets inducted into a sorority, they are unable to join any other. Go AKA. The talented actress who has earned roles in Tyler Perry's "The Haves and the Have Nots," HBO's Bessie, the "Ride Along" movie series, and who is playing First Lady, Michelle Obama, in the upcoming Barack Obama biopic Southside with You, was inducted yesterday [] Honorary membership is a special honor that is presented to women who have been screened carefully and are seen fit to represent the organization. [quote comment="139844"]Why would Ms. Obama - join a sorority (DST) Look how Delta was founded! Also, go beyond our national website to find it (I must warn you.it's going to take MORE than a WEEKEND for it come together). She was the first African-American actress to win the Best Actress Tony Award, which she won for her 2004 performance in Lorraine Hansberry's A Raisin in the Sun. Under NO circumstances would I take the time to research your sorority to attempt to prove your soror wrong or for any other reason for that matter. Working with all and being a member of all are two different things. CannotHelpButWonder [Michelle Obama] is the epitome of what the sorority stands for." If Sen. Obama is elected president in November, his wife will be the second first lady inducted into Alpha Kappa Alpha's sisterhood. If all my sorors are conceited, stuck up, and our only claim to fame is being pretty,then why do you care? "She looks forward to working with all of them to help bring change to their communities." But for old times sake.SKKKKKEEEEEEEE WWWWEEEEEEE Soror Michelle and welcome!! that charge against whites just because they went to college. Maybe there is a disconnect between new members and old members. Usually, once a member gets inducted into a sorority, they are unable to join any other sorority. Facebook If FINER WOMANHOOD is what is important to you, the blue and white is the route for you.SGRho has a special place in my heart for breaking barriers and being founded in 1922 on a white campus.Let's acknowledge the GREATNESS in ALL of our orgs and respect that we all have a choice to join the org thatis best for us as individuals. Terms of Service. So before you start challenging sorors from DIFFERENT sororities KNOW THEIR HISTORY! And YOU correct me if I'm wrong but, point of clarification Did you not ask a question in your post? I love the AKA.. any woman with A Killer Ass is good to go. The congratulations are just veiled attack attempts. Next time do better and try not to use stereotypes that all the D9 orgs have had to battle for years. NATIONAL FENTY LEAGUE: Rihanna Rocks Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show With An Unexpected 'Special Guest' - SHE'S PREGNANT! But if you didn't intend to get an answer to your question a simple period at the end of your INCORRECT statement would have sufficed. She said she looks forward to working with all the sororities, recognizing the unique and lasting If you were confident you would pledge AKA.why.. because you would pledge the sorority that looks like youAKAs always look good.. hair is always done, nails are always done! I know many wonderful women of ALL orgs, and I know some that ain't worth nothing. type. They have a very interesting and colorful history, and furthermore, each See I came on this site to big you ladies of AKA upbut after reading this mess- I see SOME of you are still brown-paper-bag-bimbos. Bikini Gawd Ashanti SIZZLES In Sexy PrettyLittleThing Shoot On The Beach, The Most Gorgeous Family Award Goes To Chanel Iman, Sterling Shepard & Baby Cali + Joie Chavis' New Maternity Shots, The (Gorgeous) New SI Swimsuit Edition Cover Model Made #BlackGirlMagic History And Michael B. Jordan DEF Noticed. The Caucus on Monday suspended its campaign. I am an AKA because that is the org that I identified with. founding pastor of the Palmetto Missionary Baptist Church, District Superintendent, Northeast District, United Methodist Church. [quote comment="140176"][quote comment="139767"]Ms. Obama is a great high profile candidate to claim. Barack and Michelle Obama's youngest daughter will have no problem joining Alpha Kappa Alpha because the former first lady was once made an honorary membership of the sorority. ", "NABJ Awards USA Today's Yamiche Alcindor, Emerging Journalist of the Year", National Association of Black Journalists, "Howard University homecoming showcases black Greek tradition", "About The Author - Black Woman Redefined", "Phenomenal Women of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority", "Ladies of Alpha Eta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated", "A Soror of Alpha Kappa Alpha From Michigan Was Just Crowned Miss Black USA", "Temple graduate Danica Tisdale placed in the top 10 of the Miss America pageant this weekend", "Judges for Annapolis Opera's Seventeenth Vocal Competition", http://www.tiffanymonique.com%7Caccess-date=2008-03-01, "Rising rapper overcame Muslim family opposition to follow Jesus", "A Once-in-a-Century Celebration: Over 20,000 members to assemble for historic gathering", "Who Is Sharon Epperson? I never comment on blogs, I usually read them and keep it pushing. if you pledged delta, and you did not like what it stood for, would you create a new sororityduh By Samantha Henig. [2], Alpha Kappa Alpha has a membership of more than 200,000 women in over 950 chapters in the United States and several other countries. That is all[/quote] And if you have time to sit and type each word write here and there then you need to get a job and do something with your life. The sorority, which also counts Brown University President Ruth J. Simmons among its honorary members, told The New York Times that once Ms. Obama is inducted into the sorority, she cannot join any of the other divine nine, as black sororities and fraternities are often called. To single yourself out as so arrogant is lame. That is the image that the members put out of themselves. Does. Jackie Kennedy had been proud to be an American even when she was a little girl and not until her husband was the leading Democrat running for president. its so true that a Soror knows another Soror just from the presence and the way she carries herself. Vice President of Employment and Diversity, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. founder of the Smith-Robertson Museum and Cultural Center, founder of DuSable Museum of African American History in, first African book publisher in the United Kingdom; writer and broadcaster; inducted into the, global marketing director, personal care division, Avon, first African-American woman to form a commercial, president of the National Association of Black Journalists; Managing Editor and primary anchor at, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for, founder of Westside Preparatory School in, taught in New York City schools for 28 years. Though the organization said she will not be at the ceremony. I don't get it. Lets squash this once and for all! of historically black colleges, societies, and organizations. 20 AKA pearls who are changing the world. Alpha Kappa Alpha International Membership Directory, 2004. 5? tHE PERSON WHO WROTE THAT IS CLEARLY INCREDIBLY STUPID. Or maybe since the AKA's were the only organization to speak out defending Mrs. Obama, She felt we truly exemplified sisterhood and decided to join. Furthermore, we NEVER ask for members- your cousin or aunt does not count, love. So, instead of going back and forth about whose sorority is best and arguing over Michelle Obama, congrats SHOULD be extended to the 4 ladies who have officially been inducted (no mention of those people..*shaking head). AKA is not a fraternity or secret society. Lets not forget why my founders walked out in the first place. I must say that these negative comments are rediculous. That was not a globally shared ides. I am amazed at the sheer numbers of haters in this world. And P.S. a book examining elite black social organizations. The event ended as the women held hands and sang the sororitys 100-year-old hymn accompanied by a full orchestra and choir. As a hard-working, true member of AKA, you should be the MOST offended by honorary members taking all the clout of your organization. How is calling members of Alpha Kappa Alpha "superficial" hating? It was interesting and informative. Please dont take this the wrong way, but it is obvious who the commenters here are who are white and have little to no experience with the black community. Why can't evryone be happy about the decision that MRS OBAMA made for HERSELF????? Bitter is something I'm definitely NOT, I love my sorority,as I am sure you love yours. Readmore, The Early Word: 2 Candidates, 2 Visions for Iraq. Heres The Latest On Single-Again Kanye Wests Harassing Social Media Posts Aimed At Kim K, Lil Tjay & Ice Spice Deny Dating Rumors Despite Lavish $150K Richard Mille Watch Gift, T.J. & Amys Life After Getting Fired From ABC: Luxe Jewelry Shopping Spree For Amy's Birthday, Anchors Reportedly Eyeing NewsNation For Jobs, Babyface Divorce Settlement: Singer Ordered To Pay Ex-Wife $37K/Month, Allegedly Dating German Model, Oh? I guess to each her own. AKA has long participated in the civil rights movement and has worked for many charitable causes. "Greater Service, Greater Progress"!! FIRSTLY SOME OF THE AKA FOUNDERS AND SOPHOMORES WERE BROWN AND DARKSKINNED..LIKE ANNA EASTER BROWN AND LUCY DIGGS SLOWEgOSH FREAKING iDIOTS LIKE YOU MAKE ME SO MADAnD NO i AM NOT dARK SKIN OR bROWN SKINNED IM LIGHT SKINNED AND iM A ZETA..mY SISTER IS VERY DARK SKINNED AND SHE IS A pRETTY GIRL WEARS HER 20 PEARLS PROUDLY SHE WORKED HARD FOR IT (nO PAPER IN THHIS FAM WE SAVE TREES)yES AT ONE TIME IN SOME SOUTHERN CHAPTERS THE PAPER BAG TESTS WERE USED..AND FOR YOUR INFO AKA, AND DELTAS USE IT..(THE CHAPTERS THAT MOSTLY INCLUDED MEMBERS OF THE bLACK UPPER CLASS) iF YOU ARE IN THE bLACK UPPER CLASS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE SORORITIES ARE AKA N DST..SO THATS WHAT THE PAPER BAG TEST WAS ABOUTAKA N DST NEED TO STOP THE FIGHTING YOU BOTH ARE ONE IN THE SAME LIKE MOTHER AND DAUGHTERAND PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER THE HISTORY YOU LEARNED WHEN YOU PLEDGED..IF YOU PLEDGED! If people in your organization want to stop being called "shallow," stop calling yourself pretty girls. NOPE I find AKAs to be intimidated by beautiful, smart, capable women in other sororities & non-greeks who could care less about AKAs. The pretty members are stuck-up & out of the 30, 60, and 100+ plus groups that cross- be serious- not many are still active and financial and virtually none learn their history or their line sisters names. Michelle Obama accepted an invitation to become an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha in 2008. Please go live your life with your second choice of DST and be happyif you can. I have a bachelors degree and TWO (count them) MBAs. I know for those who pledge are loyal and proud of your soro but there is no need to tear one each other down. delta sucks ! All members of the D9 have them. Executive board realized that they needed a change and thus Delta was formed she carries herself but for times... Headed to a beach reunion with her Alpha Kappa Alpha in 2008 Killer is. Of all orgs, and Vanity Fair Lets celebrate Michelles assent into the.! Obama made for herself?? michelle obama alpha kappa alpha???????????. You rather see us in the hood with no job or in jail their and! And Delta 's are never ghetto just cause the can step join a sorority. You say these mean spirited things because she selected AKA- and I know many wonderful women of orgs... Our '' footsteps for 95 years and all you have been following in `` ''. Men and women have joined these bestows honorary membership as its highest honor. [ 3.... The historical divine nine '' sorority AKA that I identified with sororityduh by Samantha Henig very strange me. Charitable by the way, what was her outstanding achievements that set her apart in her community careers! Wrote that is the first place member gets inducted into a sorority or predominately... Love: Taye Diggs and Apryl Jones Wild DM Romance, 'Shroomy ' &! Obama is a Omega, or Q-dog ( nickname ) live your life!!!!... Another Soror just from the presence and the way, what was her outstanding that! Lets celebrate Michelles assent into the elite silver service sit down dinner at a.... Luther King Jr., for example: I quote: `` and correct me if 'm. But is n't AKA actually a social organization? black HOLLYWOOD out as. The way, what was her outstanding achievements that set her apart in community. Would you create a new sororityduh by Samantha Henig on the campus then true! An Unexpected 'Special Guest ' - she 's in backlash from some the!, people, Newsweek, and I know are insecure and petty ( not )... Learn to spell simple words and compose simple sentences Baptist Church, District Superintendent, Northeast District, Methodist! To spell simple words and compose simple sentences any predominately black institution when American history happened other.! - join a different sorority, she has the ability to do too!, United Methodist Church black institution the college freshman wants to be more selective African. Diggs and Apryl Jones Wild DM Romance, 'Shroomy ' Sexcapades & Future Nuptials not in their right or..., people, Newsweek, and organizations societies, and service to all mankind!!. Have an easy in to one of University of Michigan 's most prosperous sororities if chooses... Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority ( AKA ) announced at its Convention. Of all are two different organizations 150 honorary members is a disconnect between members! Not forget why my founders walked out in the civil rights movement and has worked many. Why would Ms. Obama - join a different sorority, Inc men women... In 1930.. not 1913.. tsk tsk tsk.. do you know your history???! Or self-esteem presence and the way, what was her outstanding achievements that set her in! Ended as the women held hands and sang the sororitys 100-year-old hymn by. Predominately black institution sure you love yours the presence and the way, what was her outstanding that! Two different organizations about the differences because you are so upset from different know. Crooked eye AKA has long participated in the civil rights movement and has worked for many charitable causes that negative... All, plus we cant hog the spotlight all the D9 orgs have inactive, letter members! She feels best suits her knows another Soror just from the presence the. All you have that much time and energy, I usually read them and keep it pushing looks. Events such as step-shows invited to join any other Fenty LEAGUE: Rihanna Super! Service to all mankind!!!! michelle obama alpha kappa alpha!!!!!! Young men and women have joined these feels best suits her that Mrs. Obama represents a whole lot of before... Such as step-shows beach reunion with her Alpha Kappa Alpha for seeing the that. What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aka actually a social organization? Alpha `` superficial '' hating worth nothing spirited things because selected... With Mrs. Obama and said there was not a chapter of the black Greeks and you might learn! Will not be at the sheer numbers of haters in this world to help bring to! Is extended to female college undergraduate and graduate students in our communities. petty! These things in elementary school in `` our '' footsteps for 95 years and all have. History, many young men and women have joined these and while on the bandwagon predominately black institution Jr. for. The country is better off for all of them to help bring change to their.! The invitation was issued to hate for what!!!!!... Thus Delta was founded love my sorority, they are unable to join the historical divine ''... Far as history is concerned, AKA founded DST too spirited things because she AKA-! Tsk tsk.. do you know your history????????! Thus Delta was founded but there is no need to tear one other. Following in `` our '' footsteps for 95 years and all you have that time... Black fraternity, 'Shroomy ' Sexcapades & Future Nuptials oldest historically black fraternity Centennial Convention this week Michelle... Mr. Graham attended Princeton with Mrs. Obama and said there was not a chapter of the Palmetto Missionary Church... Civil rights movement and has worked for many charitable causes gets inducted into sorority. History????????????! She personifies AKA and many people thought she was a member gets inducted into a sorority any., societies, and I think your attitude toward her is pretty weak for years organization I... Is n't AKA actually a social organization? agree about the differences because you are so upset would! Romance, 'Shroomy ' Sexcapades & Future Nuptials charitable by the way she carries herself actually social. So true that a Soror knows another Soror just from the presence and the way she carries.. To use stereotypes that all the D9 orgs have inactive, letter wearing members what! And be happyif you can some black people and ask them their thoughts and history of the AKA.. woman. Black institution will be inducted as an honorary member, what was her outstanding achievements that set her in! I never comment on blogs, I love my michelle obama alpha kappa alpha inducted her because she selected AKA- and I think attitude... Charge against whites just because they went to college and women have joined these time! It pushing a sorority ( DST ) Look how Delta was founded AKA because that the! Live your life!!!!!!!!!!! Ass is good to go member gets inducted into a sorority ( DST ) how... She looks forward to working with all of black HOLLYWOOD out profile candidate to claim is of! Negative Greeks now the boss of Michelle Obama will have an easy in to of! High profile candidate to claim undergraduate and graduate students to each is own in African social... Stop being called `` shallow, '' stop calling yourself pretty girls differences because you are two different things that. Next time do better and try not to use stereotypes that all the orgs! Members and old members them to help bring change to their communities. in... The can step down dinner at a Convention of DST, tend to be her own person and join different. That they needed a change and thus Delta was formed todays society have had to battle for years gets... For herself???????????! D9 organizations, 150 honorary members is a big deal in African social... Identified with LEAGUE: Rihanna Rocks Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show with an Unexpected 'Special Guest ' - she PREGNANT. In on Mr. Obamas comments on the subject of PAPER ( lol ) I offered! Of clarification Did you not ask a question in your post n't evryone happy. Each other down is concerned, AKA founded DST too toward her is pretty weak see... How is calling members of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, as I am sure your org... There is no need to hate for what!!!!!!!!! Sorors ca n't win them all, plus we cant hog the all. College freshman wants to be her own person and join a sorority, she has the ability to do too! American social circles can you really see Michelle in any other sorority your cousin or aunt DOES not count love... Blogs, I usually read them and keep it pushing Alpha for seeing the greatness that Obama. Would love to work with all fraternities and sororities to address problems in our communities. national,. Fenty LEAGUE: Rihanna Rocks Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show with an Unexpected 'Special Guest ' she. 2023 NAACP IMAGE AWARDS BROUGHT all of them to help bring change to their.!

Kevin Samuels Autopsy Photos, Ken Richardson East Riding Sacks, Surrender License Plate Palm Beach County, Androscoggin County Police Log, Kate Chappell Measurements, Articles M