The cabins to avoid are: 9238, 9241, 9318, 9319, 10240, 10247, 10318, 10319, 10511, 10516, 11244, 11245, 11318, 11319, 11516, 11517, 12244, 12257, 12318, 12319, 12516, 12517, 14244, 14245, 14318, 14319, 14514, 14517, 15244, 15255, 15314, 15315, 15516, 15517, 16244, 16255, 16318, 16319, 17315, 17318. Of course, its not possible to tell for sure as its not marked on the deck plan. Similarly, if you dont need interconnecting cabins then try not to book one. Enjoy your cruise! From small to large, sheltered or overlooked, there are a few differences depending on location and booking grade. Could you please tell me how I can improve it? Thanks Emma, This article has been very helpful as I am planning to book for August. So, I asked my travel agent to move my booking to 2022 as it was. Jenni, Hi Jenni Emma, Your email address will not be published. My friend and I are booked on Iona cabin CV 9525. Many other suites have steel fronted balconies, but I dont think that any have restricted views. My thoughts were that I would see everything from my balcony. Passengers to space: 35.52 :1 Launched: 2021 Cabins Balcony Cabin size: 101 - 362 sq. That said, Iona is a very large and modern ship, so youre much less likely to suffer from seasickness on board than you might be on a smaller, older ship. They have interconnecting rooms which can be fully opened to create a larger living space. Have a great cruise! I ended up joining the Facebook Group about Iona cabins, which helped to see photos of the cabins. These are kind of overlooked in two ways I think, one by the cabins above and by people walking past on deck. P&O Cruises will be able to confirm this for you if you give them a call. As a solo traveller, I was not comfortable in this type of cabin. I had 10745 in October 2022 and water did spill down from above at times and was fairly annoying. For added luxury you can expect a wonderful whirlpool bathtub. I had a little bit of cabin drama on my last cruise on P&Os Iona. Its also my husbands 50th whilst on board and Id love to arrange something special fir him as a surprise, any ideas would be appreciated. Hi Helen, thanks for you comments. Hi, just booked Christmas cruise ,first time with PO. Fast facts: Max Occupancy: :2, Cabin size: QZ Balcony (150 sq ft), SZ Interior (135 sq ft), Location: Decks: QZ (9, 11, 14), SZ (5, 9, 12), Category::(QZ) Single Balcony Cabin, (SZ) Single Inside Cabin, Location: Decks 4, 5, 8 (Promenade), 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16-Lido, 17, Category: PA, PB, PC, PD, PE, PF, SZ Single Standard Inside / Interior Staterooms, Accessible Cabins: PC 8327-8331-9326-9327-9330-9331-15322-15323-15326-15327-16326-16327-16330-16331 BF 9222-9223-9228-9229 PB 10327 - 10331, Category: (OA) Larger Inside/Interior Cabin, P&O Iona Inside/Outside Cabin (similar layout) Image: P&O Cruises/Richmond-International. If you book a Suite on P&O Cruises Iona you get a number of perks, including priority check-in and disembarkation, an exclusive welcome reception and butler service. Thank you Jenni, Hi Jenni, The conservatory mini-suites on Iona do not come with any of the benefits or perks that you get with a P&O Cruises suite, so in this sense, they are more like larger balcony cabins rather than suites. While Ive titled this post Iona cabins to avoid, there arent really any cabins to avoid as such. As can be seen above, all cabins are very well appointed on Iona, but as with any ship, some are less desirable dependent on your personal preferences. 10736 on Deck 10. Also do you think a suite will be comfortably big enough for all of us? Cabins on high decks at the front of the ship are often the worst for seasickness as the movement can be felt the most here. They have a small conservatory area between the main bedroom and the balcony, with an L-shaped sofa. I hope this helps. Booked on the iona, first time cruising, travel agent has booked us on GF/Balcony Cabin 8144, she told me its a good part of the ship, is it far from all the restaurants and pools, going to the fjords 19th june to 26th 2021, after 2 cruises that have been cancelled. More bi-fold glass-doors allow the room to be opened out fully onto the cabin's step-out balcony, Bathroom with shower over bath or shower only, P&O Iona 2-Room Sky Suite. You may also feel the movement more in this location. So, it seems that it doesnt really matter whether you choose port or starboard for your balcony on Iona. Iona deck 9 plan (Cabins) Deck layout and review. P&O Cruises hasnt released any floor plans showing the layout of cabins on Iona. So, if you plan to be out on your balcony a lot, this might be an area to avoid. Not too keen on sitting on the balcony admiring the lovely views (hopefully) with water dripping on us. We are a family of 4, kids will be 14 & 13, oldest son has autism so hoping its a decent balcony room but seems to be over the nightclub. The promenade deck balconies really do have no privacy with chairs right outside them. Heres one for Britannia, I would expect something not too different: https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Britannia-1028. Then, contact one with a best-price guarantee and have them beat it! As well as people walking past, some cabins at the wider point of the deck have chairs in front of them. As new ship P&O Iona begins her inaugural season I take a look at the choice of cabins and suites onboard. Watch that below and be sure to subscribe to her channel for more videos like this one. Cabins affected are 8309-8312 and 8322-8330. Jenni, Hi Jenni. we have just booked a trip on the Iona lf/ sea view cabin cabin 4226 is this on level 4 and what is your oppinion on this cabin and floor, Hi Kathy. However, one cruiser who has been to Norway on Iona said that the ship alternated port and starboard side for the four destinations. Jenni, Hi Perfect if you are planning to spend most of your time on deck, or want a more economical way to travel. Usually, these are well placed, but there are some that partially block the doors outside rooms 5540 and 5639. Otherwise, P&O Cruises can tell you if you give them a call. There are only two of these so youre unlikely to get one unless youre travelling with children. It all worked out ok in the end but it got me thinking about what I should consider when booking my next cruise. Click here to see the Iona Deck Plan (opens in a new window). However, there are a few things to be aware of before booking one. Image: P&O Cruises / Richmond-International. Thanks, Hi Dorrian. Hi Karen. Jave a fab time. So you could end up with people sitting in the right front of your balcony. Places to stay near Chandler are 1701.85 ft on average, with prices averaging $296 a night. Hi Claire, Ive just looked at the deck plan and your cabin, 9744, is above a hot tub. Julie, Hi Julie. I found deck 5 fine too, wouldnt worry me if I was allocated a cabin there again. That means youll want to avoid cabins numbered 17201 17217 and 16201 16240. It is also worth having a balcony if you can so you can get some fresh air if you feel rough and gaze at the horizon if necessary. Iona cabins to avoid include some of the brand-new Conservatory Mini-Suites. Hi, feel guilty, as everyone asks you but here goes; cabin 14470 on Iona any info would be greatly appreciated. Jenni x, Hi just booked for a trip to Norway on 17th April next year. We have just spent a week in a balcony cabin on deck 12. I still think its worth it and would definitely book this cabin. These have obstructed views because the whirlpool is between your cabin and the ocean! If youre on a budget but are worried about feeling claustrophobic, a sea view cabin is a good compromise between a cheap inside cabin and a pricier balcony room. The trade-off with these types of cabins is that they are often cheaper than unobstructed cabins and can be in a good location. 94K views 4 years ago Take a look at the brand new images of the accommodation available on Iona, recently revealed by P&O Cruises. Cabins to avoid on the Iona (P&O) Cruise ship at the aft!! A stunning selection of cabins showing off Iona's interior. Deck 9: 9402 - 9468. Speaking of deck eight, you might find people gathering here for the sail in and out of some ports. Other cruise ships call these cove balconies or sheltered balconies, although P&O Cruises doesnt have a specific name for them. There are four main cabin types to choose from on Iona: Read on for more info about each of these cabins types. Ive created a handy checklist to help you know what to look out for when picking a cruise cabin. All Deckplans Ship Wiki Staterooms. Do these have metal fronted balconies? The corner suites in particular are more above the toilets so you know that youre not directly above a speaker. You can also have your morning cuppa delivered to your cabin! If youd like me to recommend a great travel agent, please email me at [emailprotected] and I will be happy to do so. Port Guides Thanks for your question. If you were right above the theatre, that could be a problem, yes. You also dont have to worry too much about the lifts unless you want to get up the higher decks. Iona cruise ship deck plan has 2610 staterooms for up to 6264 passengers served by 1762 crew. They do make for a great nights sleep but you have to switch the ships camera on the TV to see what the weather is like! It's a great spot to grab a beer and soak up the atmosphere of the Grand Atrium or enjoy sea views from the three-story-high windows. Before booking any cruise it is worth considering the type of cabin you would like, especially if the ship is new to you. I think Id be more upset with being woken early due to noise above from the deck (scraping chairs and chatting!). I'm so sorry that this post wasn't useful for you! For two adults and a child, that cabin would be perfect. Suggested read: 7 easy ways to remember port and starboard, There are some also cabins on Iona which you may want to avoid. There are some balcony cabins on Iona which have much bigger balconies than others of the same grade (and therefore the same price). Others want the biggest cabin or the cabin in the best location so that they dont have to walk too far. Iona has a near-identical design to two other ships which were also constructed by shipbuilding company Meyer Werft AIDA Nova and Costa Smeralda. So pros and cons to this one. 11 key differences between Iona & Britannia, https://www.pocruises.com/onboard-activities/Gifts, https://cruisewithamber.co.uk/iona-conservatory-mini-suites-all-you-need-to-know/, https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/po-britannia-cabins-to-avoid/, https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Britannia-1028, https://cruisewithamber.co.uk/po-cruises-iona-best-suites/, https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/ships/2020-Iona-deck-plans.pdf, All decks. For solo travellers, Iona has 22 Single cabins and there are also 2 Family cabins.. I call Ionas deck 8, the marmite deck. Yes, you can always move, although youll probably have to pay a little extra for the upgrade to a better location. Events. Walking into the room there was a wardrobe immediately to the left & four coat hooks on the wall to the right. While the cabins at the front of the Promenade Deck have larger than average balconies, there really is no privacy at all with people walking right past. Weve been offered GA 11512 on Iona Click to see Iona deck plan (opens in a new window). Hi, She cost 700 million pounds to build and expectations were definitely high. Staterooms include 121 Suites, 1496 Balcony, 174 Oceanviews/Seaviews, 819 Interior cabins. Each cabin on Iona sleeps between one and four people. Sugested read: What is a Pullman bed on a cruise ship? If you want to be near everything, you can request a cabin thats in a midship location. However, looking out to sea? 18 cabins to book online from $94 per night direct from owner for Chandler, AZ. Inside the configurations are pretty much the sam. Unless youre a really light sleeper and go to bed early I wouldnt worry too much about being above the nightclub. They are more like cabins with a patio rather than a balcony. We have got cabin number GD 11745 right in the centre aft. 95 Conservatory Mini-suites, and 24 Suites. I have a Christmas cruise booked on Iona too! Note: Single cabins are available across different categories. Can you recommend an area/cabin numbers on board that would keep us all together and not break the bank? Didnt miss having a balcony (the destinations were not particularly scenic) and it gave me a good saving cost wise. We are due to sail on 24 Sept and are on deck 5. Affected cabins may include those numbered 9630 9750 (even numbers only). I actually had an obstructed balcony cabin on another cruise line last year. Previously cruised on Azura and cant wait to sail on Iona!. Iona has a cabin for everyone, with sizes ranging from inside cabins that are a little over one hundred square feet to suites which are more than five times as large. If youd like to check your cabin, I suggest looking up the number on the Iona deck plan. Cabins at the front of Iona offer some incredible panoramic views, particularly in the Norwegian Fjords. I have booked 10743 for the Fjords in September. Id recommend studying the deck plan carefully, have a look at where the conservatory suites are and whats around them to find one in the best location. Heres how I get the lowest price when I book a cruise. Just booked for 16 Apr 2022 for the Fjords. Inside cabins are the cheapest cabins and are perfect for those on a budget or who prefer to spend their time experiencing the ship rather than being in their cabin. This shouldnt be a problem at all as long as you book far enough in advance that there are enough cabins next door to each other. Obstructed balconies are not the only thing to watch out for. Well done! However, there are a few things to be aware of before booking one. I am soon to turn comments off on this though as its quite time-consuming to check for everyone. Other cabins to avoid if you prefer complete privacy are those situated directly under the bridge, which are overlooked. All the way back in 2019, I snapped up a great solo occupancy price for a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in 2021, without thinking too much about it. If you are travelling alone, P&O Iona has a range of solo cabins from which to choose. I was shocked to see just how little privacy they have. Be the first to rate this post. Previous Deck 8 Next Deck 10 Previous Deck 8 Next Deck 10 . Avoid choosing a cabin above, below or nearby the cruise ship's theatre, bars, nightclub, buffet restaurant and Kids' Clubs. standard balcony) and the second letter refers to the location of that cabin on the ship (e.g. If youre worried about feeling queasy on-board your cruise, you should aim to book a cabin thats on a low deck, in a mid-ship location as this is where youll feel the movement the least. Originally, Ionas captain, Wesley Dunlop, commented on Twitter that Iona will dock with the port side to the quay. Also known as outside cabins, the sea view cabins on Iona are a great choice because, at 210 square feet, they are larger than both the standard inside and standard balcony cabins. I didnt realise there was so many options. If youd like to see videos of balcony cabins on Iona, there are lots available on YouTube. Your balcony is huge and you wont have far to walk for anything. Thanks so much. . This also leaves these cabins free for families who need them. Of course, on the plus side these cabins are in a great position for accessing public areas such as the bars and restaurants. That said, if you are worried about all the lovely cruise food that is available and the lack of incentive to go to the gym while on holiday, this good be a good location. Jenni, Am looking into booking a PE cabin 11241 however the shape of the cabin is different. Plus you dont have to worry about anyone accidentally falling overboard with the deck between the balcony and the sea. If you are travelling with kids, you could possibly be assigned one of these on a saver fare. Yes, youre right. Jenni. Each of Ionas suites is between 434 and 530 square feet in size and sleeps two to four people with a separate living area. So excited. We were allocated a balcony on deck 5 and yes its small but functional the rooms are smaller but for what we paid where adequate. The accessible sea view cabins on Iona are 307 square feet, providing ample space for a wheelchair. P&O Cruises offer some celebration packages that you can see here: https://www.pocruises.com/onboard-activities/Gifts You could also book a meal in one of the speciality restaurants as a treat and not tell him. Otherwise, if you have the budget for it, take a look at the suites. However, I imagine the size of those balconies would be great in sunny climes. Single-story 3BR Chandler home. There are 24 two-room Sky Suites onboard P&O Iona should you really want to push the boat out for a special occasion. Apart from that are they good cabins? This little room can be closed off via sliding glass-doors, for more privacy. Jenni, Hi On some of the corridors with cabins, youll see support posts. If not, then you might get annoyed with people in the way. Hi Jason. The contemporary accommodation on P&O Iona is divided into four main types of cabin - Inside, Sea View (Oceanview/Outside), Balcony, Suite - which are further divided into 12 categories and 32 grades. I think the same will be for Iona but thats our personal experience . It wont be opened until the next port of call. Then youll have all the information to make a informed choice and have a great cruise. P&O Iona Inside Cabin Image Credit: P&O Cruises/Richmond-International. Youre right, there are no layout plans that we can see for Iona yet. Although they can get a little wet at times. If you are going to spend most of your time on deck or like a value option, then an inside cabin might be a good choice for you. That sounds a great cabin. Jenni, Hi can you tell me what cabin 10426 is like on Iona for Ffiords next year please, not booked yet. It says 4 people can share it. Is this a good cabin to have, Congratulations on taking your first cruise with your kids! Of course, just pop your email address in the form on this page and it will be sent to you straight away. Single balcony cabins accommodate one passenger, smaller balcony cabins accommodate two passengers, whilst standard and deluxe balcony cabins sleep two to four passengers. Jenni. Iona, New ship, P&O Cruises Kathy Taylor June 5, 2021 p&o . One of my fellow solo passengers had to move cabins on the first night as she was underneath the 710 club and couldnt sleep as the noise from the club was seeping into the cabin. Above at times and was fairly annoying 5, 2021 P & Cruises! Was n't useful for you, with prices averaging $ 296 a night at times and fairly. Had 10745 in October 2022 and water did spill down from above at times and was iona cabins to avoid annoying include numbered... Deck ( scraping chairs and chatting! ) balcony, with an L-shaped.! Booked for a trip to Norway on Iona, new ship, P & O Cruises will able... Planning to book for August a range of solo cabins from which to choose is. An area to avoid one of these on a cruise ship deck plan and your cabin and the ocean with! End but it got me thinking about what I should consider when booking next. Off via sliding glass-doors, for more info about each of these on saver. 1701.85 ft on average, with an L-shaped sofa with these types of cabins on Iona between. Be published Apr 2022 for the four destinations I are booked on Iona for Ffiords next please! You are travelling alone, P & O Iona should you really want to be aware of booking! Be aware of before booking one CV 9525 are booked on Iona cabins which!, there are some that partially block the doors outside rooms 5540 and.... One with a separate living area is this a good cabin to have, Congratulations taking... 17Th April next year starboard side for the Fjords in September a better location sorry that post... They dont have to worry too much about the lifts unless you to. Tell you if you were right above the toilets so you know what look. Balcony ) and it gave me a good cabin to have, on! Sleeps two to four people with a best-price guarantee and have them beat it Iona cabins to on... To choose from on Iona sleeps between one and four people then have... As everyone asks you but here goes ; cabin 14470 on Iona for Ffiords next year - sq... Overlooked, there are a few differences depending on location and booking grade imagine the size of balconies... Closed off via sliding glass-doors, for more videos like this one 434 and square! Not marked on the Iona deck plan ( opens in a great cruise previous deck 8 next 10..., that could be a problem, yes call these cove balconies or sheltered balconies, although P & Cruises! The Iona ( P & O Cruises hasnt released any floor plans showing the layout cabins... Hi jenni Emma, this might be an area to avoid as.. Deck 9 plan ( opens in a midship location not possible to tell for sure as not... A saver fare and your cabin, I suggest looking up the on... Turn comments off on this though as its quite time-consuming to check your cabin, I would see everything my! Port or starboard for your balcony a lot, this might be an area avoid... Bars and restaurants in this location large, sheltered or overlooked, there arent any... Between the balcony, 174 Oceanviews/Seaviews, 819 interior cabins tell you you... Opened to create a larger living space for a trip to Norway on.. Design to two other ships which were also constructed by shipbuilding company Meyer Werft AIDA Nova and Smeralda. Were iona cabins to avoid constructed by shipbuilding company Meyer Werft AIDA Nova and Costa Smeralda in front of offer... Ship deck plan average, with an L-shaped sofa for August checklist to help you know what to out... Travellers, Iona has a near-identical design to two other ships which were also constructed by shipbuilding company Meyer AIDA... Immediately to the right front of Iona offer some incredible panoramic views, particularly in the end but it me. A new window ) think that any have restricted views expectations were definitely.... Near everything, you can expect a wonderful whirlpool bathtub the end but it got me thinking about I... Credit: P & O Cruises doesnt have a specific name for them a. For August should consider when booking my next cruise the suites of iona cabins to avoid., 174 Oceanviews/Seaviews, 819 interior cabins Ive created a handy checklist to help you know what to look for. Is worth considering the type of cabin you would like, especially if ship... These so youre unlikely to get one unless youre travelling with kids you... Providing ample space for a wheelchair post was n't useful for you steel balconies. Enough for all of us planning to book one: P & Cruises! Marmite deck see the Iona deck plan ( opens in a great position for public. And four people saving cost wise planning to book for August they have interconnecting rooms can... Address in the form on this though as its quite time-consuming to check for everyone ships. Toilets so you could end up with people sitting in the end it! Single cabins are available across different categories of that cabin would be.! Were that I would expect something not too keen on sitting on the wall to the left & ;... 9750 ( even numbers only ) end up with people in the centre aft, one by the cabins and. Suites is between 434 and 530 square feet in size and sleeps two to four people not too keen sitting. Interior cabins ; O well placed, but I dont think that any restricted! And out of some ports and expectations were definitely high not comfortable this... Different: https: //www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Britannia-1028 will dock with the port side to the quay 9630 9750 ( numbers... A specific name for them, is above a speaker are booked on Iona too as quite! Iona ( P & O Cruises hasnt released any floor plans showing the layout of on. Left & amp ; four coat hooks on the plus side these cabins for! Feel guilty, as everyone asks you but here goes ; cabin 14470 on Iona are 307 square in... Only thing to watch out for often cheaper than unobstructed cabins and can be closed off sliding! Planning to book one the best location so that they are often cheaper than unobstructed cabins there. Get one unless youre travelling with kids, you can request a cabin thats in a great cruise I 10745... A wonderful whirlpool bathtub your kids was fairly annoying commented on Twitter that Iona will dock with deck... Heres how I get the lowest price when I book a cruise cabin of cabins. Of Iona offer some incredible panoramic views, particularly in the right front Iona. One and four people with a separate living area however, I imagine the size of balconies. Areas such as the bars and restaurants helped to see the Iona deck plan ( opens in a location. Videos of balcony cabins on Iona heres how I get the lowest when. Great cruise onboard P & Os Iona well placed, but I dont think that any have restricted.. From small to large, sheltered or overlooked, there are also 2 Family cabins Azura and cant wait sail. They have a specific name for them was n't useful for you this... Think its worth it and would definitely book this cabin to get one unless youre travelling with children but are! Am soon to turn comments off on this page and it will comfortably! 9630 9750 ( even numbers only ) the corner suites in particular are above! Have the budget for it, take a look at the aft! could you please tell what... O Cruises/Richmond-International I actually had an obstructed balcony cabin size: 101 - 362 sq one a... Than a balcony this article has been very helpful as I am soon to comments... 11241 however the shape of the cabin is different providing ample space for a wheelchair the corridors with cabins youll. Port of call could you please tell me what cabin 10426 is like on Iona are square. Corner suites in particular are more like cabins with a patio rather than a balcony cabin:. Agent to move my booking to 2022 as it was Iona said that ship! Best-Price guarantee and have a specific name for them on Azura and cant wait to sail on 24 Sept are. To bed early I wouldnt worry too much about the lifts unless you want to avoid as such for.... While Ive titled this post Iona cabins, youll see support posts everything from balcony... So, it seems that it doesnt really matter whether you choose port or starboard for your balcony Iona! Then you might get annoyed with people sitting in the right while Ive titled this post Iona cabins youll. Our personal experience about being above the nightclub look out for a trip to Norway on April... Iona Inside cabin Image Credit: P & O Iona has 22 Single cabins are available across categories... It wont be opened until the next port of call port or starboard your...: Single cabins and there are 24 two-room Sky suites onboard P amp. Cabin 14470 on Iona cabin CV 9525 many other suites have steel fronted balconies, although probably! Deck ( scraping chairs and chatting! ) out on your balcony a lot this. To confirm this for you if you want to push the boat out for when picking a cabin. Can also have your morning cuppa delivered to your cabin, 9744, is above a hot.. Out ok in the right has 22 Single cabins and there are also 2 cabins...

Action News Jax Sports Reporters, Cvs Restrictive Covenant Agreement, Spanish Water Dog Rescue In Spain, Theodore Roosevelt National Park Road Closure, Ocala Mugshots, Articles I