You are totally loved here in Texas! He slipped away peacefully after a short, but mighty, fight with cancer. On April 8, 1971, she married Don Collier and they had a daughter, Elizabeth (Beth). Expand the Memories and Condolences form. On July 21, 1953, he married Elizabeth L. Betty (Bastin), she preceded him in death on May 21, 2000. Don Collier made over 200 credited movie and television appearances. Bob was {"requests":{"event":"https:\/\/www.noozhawk.com\/wp-content\/plugins\/newspack-popups\/includes\/..\/api\/campaigns\/index.php"},"triggers":{"trackPageview":{"on":"visible","request":"event","visibilitySpec":{"selector":"#ce74","visiblePercentageMin":50,"totalTimeMin":250,"continuousTimeMin":100},"extraUrlParams":{"popup_id":"id_234460","cid":"CLIENT_ID(newspack-cid)"}},"formSubmitSuccess":{"on":"amp-form-submit-success","request":"event","selector":"#ce74 .wp-block-jetpack-mailchimp form","extraUrlParams":{"popup_id":"id_234460","cid":"CLIENT_ID(newspack-cid)","mailing_list_status":"subscribed","email":"${formFields[email]}","esp":"mailchimp"}}}} I remember always trying to get a laugh out of him. His loves were many, including hiking, fishing, writing, being outside in the sunshine, and sharing good food and a bottle of red wine with friends. COLLIER, Robert Don Robert Don Collier of Dallas, TX, a prominent tax lawyer, passed away on April 9, 2020 in Dallas. He loved to attend class and family reunions and enjoyed watching the Colts and IU basketball and football. you have given us so much happiness through the years and we'll be eternally grateful. When her first great-granddaughter was born, she jokingly asked to be referred to as Gramma-the-Great as the alternative made her sound old! Processing If friends so desire, memorial contributions in memory of Arlene can be made to Virden Community Arts Council (VCAC) for the Costume Closet. He was predeceased by : his wife Holly; and his sons, Donald Mounger Jr. and David Tugwell. Funeral arrangement under the care ofRamsey Funeral Home. We just don't have actors like Don anymore. For most of us, the past holds both good and bad memories. Arlene was born on June 10, 1943 in Russell, Manitoba. September 13, 2021 DON COLLIER OBITUARY Don Collier was an actor known for roles in Westerns, including The High Chaparral and Outlaws. We invite you to share Success! Don was my favorite actor on "The High Chaparral". Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. Whats done is done and cant be changed. He shared High Chapparel stories (a program that coincided with my high school years and I watched religiously) with us as well as others. Loved to hear his rough voice like John Wayne. Don was a great actor! Flowers are gratefully declined. COLLIER, Donald Frank (Donn) March 9, 1946 September 24, 2021. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. She earned a reputation for always being there. We will love you and miss you always a friend, May you rest in peace. Starring with Don were Barton MacLane and Jock Gaynor. He set the picture and it hangs with others I have of some of his co actors. Publications. He was a 49-year continuing member of the American Legion Post #230. Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. He was a die-hard Vancouver Canucks fan always hoping for that elusive Stanley Cup. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. Ways to honor Don Collier's life and legacy. Her volunteerism also allowed her to travel. [2] He worked as a geologist, a logging hand, a ranch hand, and a surveyor [3] and served in both the Navy Olivet Baptist Church 1403 Tatum Springs Rd, Willisburg, KY 40078. He looked at each one and explained where they were taken. Jim Patterson officiating. Sign Up Now There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. My lifes been full, Ive savored muchGood family, good times, a loved ones touch.Perhaps my time seemed all too briefDont lengthen it with undue grief.Lift up your heart and peace to theeGod wanted me now, He sets me free. So sorry to hear this. Godspeed Don, and thank you for sharing a part of your life with us, and the wonderful film and TV memories. Success! Not what lay ahead on Pauls personal path, but the path set out by the resurrected Christ for him a path that was issued day-by-day through the Holy Spirit never years ahead. For all his family, prayers and condolences Thanks for sharing him with the world. He was a better person, and a friend. He will be missed by everyone who knew him and loved his acting. He stopped to visit a mutual friend and I just happened to be there. You're on the list. He was such an amazing actor! Sleep tight my love you know the rest. Copyright 2021 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) Actor Don Collier, famous for his roles in western film and television including Bonanza and Gunsmoke, has died at the age of 92, according to The Hollywood Reporter. May family, friends and extended family cherish his memories. She attended countless baseball and hockey games, figure skating practices, school concerts and rodeos. He also served as grand marshal of the Tucson Rodeo Parade in 1997. He is survived by his wife Elvera, sister Marilyn, his daughter Kim (Darren), grandsons Jordan and Brandan, and numerous nieces and nephews. Don was a lovely man to know. It is spiritually perilous for Christians to ruminate backward in time because the Devil is the one bringing the accusations against you, and he wont stop until your faith is in tatters, as noted in Revelation 12:9-11: And the greatdragon was thrown down, theserpent of old who is called the devil andSatan, whodeceives the wholeworld Now thesalvation, and the power, and thekingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for theaccuser of our brothersand sistershas been thrown down, the one who accuses them before our God, day and night. And theyovercame him because ofthe blood of the Lamb and because ofthe word of their testimony, and theydid not love their lifeevenwhen faced with death.. In 1971 my Father, Mother and I visited their where they film the show and being from Indiana and 12 years old was so awesome. Processing You can still show your support by sending flowers directly to the family, or plant a tree in memory of Donald Collier. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. Updated: 17:13 ET, Oct 10 2022 THE obituary of Debbie Collier has revealed heartbreaking details of the "joys of her life" as her family continues to mourn. You're on the list. I was able to get an autograph from him and he was. He slipped away peacefully after a short, but mighty, fight with cancer. So sorry for the loss of your love one. On July 21, 1953, he married Elizabeth L. Betty (Bastin), she preceded him in death on May 21, 2000. Subscribe He achieved 2 degrees from the University of Guelph, one in arts, one in science. He was a man among men. He will be laid to rest with military honors at Greenlawn Cemetery in Martinsville. He was darling, and had an endless smile. He asked to see them. Receive a morning email Monday - Saturday of all notices published that day in the. Subscribe to our free P.M. Report to receive the days headlines weekdays at 4:15 p.m. Don Collier was an actor known for roles in Westerns, including The High Chaparral and Outlaws. Together he and Betty were proud parents of three sons, Jim Collier of Bloomington, IN and Jeff and Jerry (wife, Nioka) Collier, all of Martinsville; two grandchildren, Sarah Graham (husband, Justin) and John Collier (wife, Ashley); four great grandchildren and several nieces, nephews and great nieces and nephews. He was a graduate of Martinsville High School with the Class of 1951, he also attended Indiana University and Miami University of Florida. Only sunshine and peace. Mr. Don Cothran, age 85, of Murray, KY. passed away on Wednesday, February 24, 2023, at Murray Calloway County Hospital in Murray, KY. You have funeral questions, we have answers. As published in Brandon Sun on Dec 30, 2009. I really loved his acting. He was a great guy for sure. R.I.P. You were a beloved actor and person. He wasted a large part of his life trying fruitlessly to attain perfection through his endless, exhausting works of the Law. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. He eventually moved to the Phoenix area to be near family. SALDIVAR FAMILY. On Sundays, youll receive an email looking back on some of the previous weeks notable obituaries. In 1946, the family moved to the Two Creeks District and it was there that Arlene attended Ross School. Do the same with bad memories. Together he and Betty were proud parents of three sons, Jim Collier of Bloomington, IN and Jeff and Jerry (wife, Nioka) Collier, all of Martinsville; two grandchildren, Sarah Graham (husband, Justin) and John Collier (wife, Ashley); four great grandchildren and several nieces, nephews and great nieces and nephews. The second season of Outlaws (1960) found Will Foreman as a full-fledged Marshal. He was down to earth, kind and so witty! I loved the High Chappal growing up watching it every week. We pray that God continues to strengthen and comfort the family during this difficult time. I got to meet Mr. Collier a couple years ago at Superstition Mountain Museum. Most notably, Arlene was a founding member of the Virden Community Arts Council (VCAC) and the creator of Costume Closet. In lieu of flowers, the family would be pleased with donations to the Eagle's Wings Retreat Center or Faith in Action. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Share. We invite you to share condolences for Don Collier in our Guest Book. 2023 Winnipeg Free Press. He hunted Christians thinking he was doing God a service. She continued to live on the farm as city life wasnt for her. So sorry to hear this newspraying for his family. Arrangements are incomplete at this time at Collier Funeral Home and Cremation Services, 211 West 5th St., Benton, KY 42025. He was preceded in death by his parents; wife and two sisters, Justine Estone and Lucy Tumey. He was definitely one of my favorite actors in this show. She had a knack for finding the right person for the job and for convincing them to lend their talents. COLLIER, Don of Charlotte, North Carolina was called home to the Lord, from illness, while at his home on September 17, 2010 at May God support and comfort you as you grieve. Don Collier was an actor known for roles in Westerns, including The High Chaparral and Outlaws. Died: September 13, 2021 ( Who else died on September 13?) Details of death: Died in Harrodsburg, Kentucky of lung cancer at the age of 92. We invite you to share condolences for Don Collier in our Guest Book. Thank you Jodivery much appreciatedJerry. He was preceded in death by his parents; wife and two sisters, Justine Estone and Lucy Tumey. Collier had more than 200 credited movie and TV appearances throughout his career, according to IMDB, including "The High Chaparral," the role of the "High Roller" in the beloved 1993 film "Tombstone" and Deputy Marshal Will Foreman in the TV series "Outlaws.". He leaves behind beloved family members and friends, and will be deeply missed by all of them. As a representative for the Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW), Arlene traveled to several conventions around the world including one held in The Hague. I still watch the High chaparral everyday. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. ; and his grandchildren, Nick Collier, Mike Collier, Susanna Stewart, Caitlin Foley, Michael Collier, Christopher Collier, MJ Collier and Heyden Collier. Don Collier, the rugged actor who built a career filled with Westerns with turns in three John Wayne films and work on such shows as The High Chaparral, Especially the Follow The Heart episode. Born in Hamilton, ON, his early years were filled with friends, music, cars and he was proud to be in attendance at the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival! WebDonald Ray Collier Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information Donald Ray Collier May 1, 1938 - November 13, 2022 Share Obituary: Obituary & Events Tribute Wall 6 Share a memory Plant a tree Obituary Please share a memory of Donald to include in a keepsake book for family and friends. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. Paul had to learn to live in day-tight compartments, surrendering control to Jesus in the process. High Chaparral is one of my favorite Western shows. We will always remember having coffee with Don in our kitchen a few weeks before the fan event. Our life together was filled with laughter every day, and often, his antics resulted in stories told for years by his friends. Collier also appeared in the 1993 film Tombstone, much of which was filmed at Old Tucson Studios. Recommend Donald's obituary to your friends. He will be missed. When the Sherwood Nursing Home opened, Arlene worked as an Assistant Cook. Loved him opposite the Duke, too! Don Collier was cheerful, affable, and and lovable! He was a graduate of Martinsville High School with the Class of 1951, he also attended Indiana University and Miami University of Florida. He acted happy that I had brought them. He performed with John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Anthony Quinn, Dean Martin, Tom Selleck, James Arness, My condolences go out to the family of Don. Very sad. For example, the way to stop thinking of pink elephants is NOT to stop thinking about pink elephants, but to think of something completely different. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? Focus on crowding them out with thoughts of what you have in Christ right now. Planting memories for our life time. Please reload the page and try again. Read Full Obituary. I enjoy looking at him on High Chaparral.Your family have our condolence. Never one to be idle, Arlene was a very active volunteer in the community. He travelled west in 1978, after seeing a picture of the Rocky Mountains. | They don't make them like that anymore! The interment will be in Bennett Cemetery at a later date. He also was my friend on Facebook. Unforgettable. He said because he wanted a paycheck at the end of the week! What a delightful man and I Will remember all those things he told me about John Wayne. Brandon Sun He was a happy guy who made everyone feel good with his positive outlook on life. I found Don to be a very genuine man and a wonderful person. Great actor. I just saw Don on t he The Virginian, and was wandering how he was doing & than saw he just passed away. For the latest news in Santa Barbara County delivered right to your inbox. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. ; his brother Art Collier of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. There is no photo or video of Don Collier.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. After careers in Animal Health Technology and Cardio-Vascular Perfusion, he settled into Sales & Marketing in the financial sector, which ultimately led him to trips to Mauritius and the Philippines. I will miss him. I know the party up there is well underway. D.C. Collier is a Bible teacher, discipleship mentor and writer focused on Christian apologetics. Great actors & story lines. There is no photo or video of Donald L. Collier.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. Whoops! Saddened to hear of his passing. May God Bless you Don. Read So deeply sorry to hear this wonderful actor Mr. Don Collier passed away. But He didnt stop there. Subscribe All rights reserved. To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Donald Collier please visit our,

COLLIER, Donald Frank (Donn) March 9, 1946 – September 24, 2021.  I am heart-broken to announce the passing of my dear, sweet, husband Donn.  He slipped away peacefully after a short, but mighty, fight with cancer.  He is survived by his wife Elvera, sister Marilyn, his daughter Kim (Darren), grandsons Jordan and Brandan, and numerous nieces and nephews.  He was predeceased by his parents Frank & Nell, plus many close family members.  He leaves behind beloved family members and friends, and will be deeply missed by all of them.

Born in Hamilton, ON, his early years were filled with friends, music, cars and he was proud to be in attendance at the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival!  He achieved 2 degrees from the University of Guelph, one in arts, one in science.  He travelled west in 1978, after seeing a picture of the Rocky Mountains.  He knew those snow capped peaks were calling his name.  After careers in Animal Health Technology and Cardio-Vascular Perfusion, he settled into Sales & Marketing in the financial sector, which ultimately led him to trips to Mauritius and the Philippines.  Truly a renaissance man, with a spirit constantly in motion, he was always looking for the next adventure. 

Our life together was filled with laughter every day, and often, his antics resulted in stories told for years by his friends.  His loves were many, including hiking, fishing, writing, being outside in the sunshine, and sharing good food and a bottle of red wine with friends. Ive been a fan of your acting for years. David Dave Andrew Rathbun, 52, of Hermantown, MN, tragically passed away on February 24, 2023. One of my all time favorite actors!! Even his commercials took advantage of his cowboy persona, when he became a 1980s icon as The Gum Fighter for Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum. Always enjoyed watching the high chaparral. Incomplete Obituary. Time spent was memorable. A candle was posted for Donald E. Collier. The couple married at Old City Hall in Tucson and made the city their home. Rest in Peace. RIP. He performed with John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Anthony Quinn, Dean Martin, Tom Selleck, James Arness, and even Elvis Presley. His talent will endure as long as Western's are played on TV. Ramsey Funeral Home 5600 Williams Dr, Georgetown, TX 78633, St. Helen Catholic Church 2700 E University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78626. A unique and lasting tribute for a loved one. I asked him how do you remember all those lines? Family and friends are invited to visit on Thursday, October 21st, 2021, from noon-2:00 pm at Neal & Summers Funeral & Cremation Center. WebThe High Chaparral family sends condolences to the family of Holly Collier, who passed away on March 4. Keep up with Noozhawk's daily news coverage, delivered at 4:15 a.m. right to your inbox. Write your message of sympathy today. Don Collier was an actor known for roles in Westerns, including The High Chaparral and Outlaws, we enjoyed watching those shows. E-mail messages of condolence or sign the on-line Book of Condolences at carscaddenfuneralchapel.com G.R. He starred alongside John Wayne in "El Dorado" (1966), "The War Wagon" (1967) and "The Undefeated" (1969). All rights reserved. Please say howdy to Bobby Hoy, Henry Darrow, Dick Farnsworth and the rest of the High Chaparral gang. Winnipeg Free Press Save me a good horse, I will see you in that land that knows no parting. View Tribute Book Events All others are optional. Would you like to offer Donald L. Colliers loved ones a condolence message? Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. Arlene and Don farmed together for 30 years until Dons passing in April 2001. A treasure always. They were a wonderful group of people who set the scene for a wonderful Western story. I asked him for an autographed picture and I still have his voice saved on my cell phone when he called requesting my mailing address. Don Collier was an actor known for roles in Westerns, including The High Chaparral and Outlaws. We invite you to share condolences for Don Collier in our Then he went further back in time when he was called on play the recurring role of William Tompkins in The Young Riders (1989).He continued to guest star on TV in and out of the west in Little House on the Prairie (1974), two made-for-TV Gunsmoke movies (Gunsmoke: To the Last Man (1992) and Gunsmoke: One Man's Justice (1994)), a made-for-TV Bonanza movie (Bonanza: Under Attack (1995)), Banacek (1972), The Waltons (1972), Highway to Heaven (1984) and such big-screen movies as Tombstone (1993).He worked on a western radio drama series titled West of the Story and was sidekick to Fred Imus on Sirius Radio's weekly show, Fred's Trailer Park Bash until Imus' death in 2011. Thelast Adamwasalife-giving spirit.. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Recommend Donald's obituary to your friends. All Rights Reserved. And I will remember him with fondness! Prayers for the family. May Almighty God in Heaven comfort the Collier family, friends and fan's broken hearts with endless love, strength, and peace as you cope with this loss in your lives. Sign up for free email alerts of new obituaries for specific people, towns & more. (92 years old). He knew those snow capped peaks were calling his name. Rest In Peace. The actor They had two boys, Dale and Robert (Bob). Write your message of sympathy today. That holy forgetfulness (above) is only a start. The resulting void must be filled with something else. Notices are posted by 10 am Monday through Saturday. He will be laid to rest with military honors at Greenlawn Cemetery in Martinsville. A service celebrating Dons life will begin immediately following visitation at 2:00 pm at the funeral home. Our condolences to Dons family. Step 2: But then Paul reached forward to what lay ahead. Love you Jim!!! They just can't make Westerns like that any more. He was predeceased by : his parents, Les Collier and Anne Collier; and his wife Norine Collier. I told him I was a fan and brought pictures of him I collected. I grew up watching he acted. Kamela Patton is no longer the superintendent of the Collier County School District. Arlene was predeceased by her husband of 30 years, Donald; her father Stewart Anderson; nephew, Norman Kyle; brothers-in- law, Percy Dayton, Bill Watson and Stan Bray. Stop digging. Rest now Don. Rip don, I met Don at a High Chaparral reunion in L.A. several years ago. Later he narrated The Desert Speaks, a University of Arizona documentary series. He will be forever loved and forever missed. From now on, Paul would live wholly dependent on Gods sovereign will. Whoops! Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. September 26, 1935 - In loving memory of a wonderful person. He was a very nice gentleman, very down to earth and personable. Very sorry for your loss. Each day has enough trouble of its own.. My heart goes out to the family, as you go through this difficult time. I didn't find out till a few years back, that the cast would get together in Old Tucson and at other functions.. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. Published February 28, 2023 04:37 PM. Step 1: In Pauls case, he forgot what lies behind. His past was a lot worse than yours or mine. Next time, last time, he greeted me and called me, darlin! Donald E. Collier, 88, a longtime Martinsville resident, passed from his earthly life on Thursday, October 14, 2021, at The Waters of Martinsville. It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Donald L. Collier of Georgetown, Texas, who passed away on October 25, 2022, at the age of 87, leaving to I have enjoyed watching High Chaparral for many years.Sam is one of my favorite characters. Don served his country honorably, while serving in the United States Marine Corp. Dons career spanned from Collier Brothers Creamery in Martinsville to W.W. Granger in Indianapolis and management of the American Legion Post #230, as well as, the Jefferson Lounge and Walt's/Southside Package Liquors in Martinsville, where he retired from in 2004. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The freshest news in Santa Barbara County. Although Arlene was always busy, family was the priority. Its like digging up dead cats that were buried years ago, wondering how the deceased little critters are getting along after all this time. I loved him on the high chapparell he was such a great actor. We're sad that you have left but we know you're at peace and totally happy. All rights reserved. He loved to attend class and family reunions and enjoyed watching the Colts and IU basketball and football. I was blessed to be by your side when you faced the welcoming crew on the other side. TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) Actor Don Collier, famous for his roles in western film and television including Bonanza and Gunsmoke, has died at the age of 92, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Published by The Times-Picayune on Sep. 13, 2021. She was instrumental in turning the derelict C.P. Now their is only 2 left from the show. It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Donald L. Collier of Georgetown, Texas, who passed away on October 25, 2022, at the age of 87, leaving to mourn family and friends. The Devil is a defeated foe, yet he soldiers on, attempting to destroy the testimony of the saints of God If he can. I got to know him and the rest of the High Chaparral gang pretty well. WebCollier was born on October 17, 1928, [1] in Santa Monica, California. He disciplined himself to live a goal-oriented life centered upon a spiritual prize, not of self-expression/achievement, but one of becoming a living expression of his Savior, Christ Jesus who once said, in Matthew 6:26-34: But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things (temporal needs) will be provided to you. Per the Hollywood Reporter, Collier died of lung cancer. My condolences to your loved ones. A great Actor. Bought him a hamburger and sat down for lunch with him at the western book show. He rose from the dead and ascended back to Heaven to give us a future and a hope that is built, not upon what we have done, but upon what Christ (our Last Adam) has done for us. Still ruminating about your past failures? WebDon Collier made over 200 credited movie and television appearances. He later narrated The Desert Speaks, a series of documentaries for the University of Arizona. Don Collier: Confessions of an Acting Cowboy was released on DVD last year. Survivors include his children, Pamela, Diane, Steven and Mike; 11 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. It will sap the life right out of you. Regular Search Go Back to Listings. Truly a renaissance man, with a spirit constantly in motion, he was always looking for the next adventure. Yuck! So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will worry about itself. Mr. Don Collier will certainly be missed by Hollywood and the whole world. October 25, 2022 Met Don in Roanoke, Va about two years ago. Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Donald Collier - Martinsville, Indiana , Neal and Summers Funeral and Cremation Center - Memories wall BROUGHT TO YOU BY Donald E. Collier Martinsville, Indiana October 6, 1933 - October 14, 2021 Share Obituary: Tribute Wall Obituary & Events Share a memory Send Flowers Share a memory of Donald E. Collier. Giving to charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died. He participated in the brutal death by stoning of the first Christian martyr, Stephen. 2017-2023 Tribute Archive. DONALD COLLIER OBITUARY COLLIER, SR., DONALD L. age 80 of Birmingham died September 20, 2012. Western shows cancer at the funeral Home and Cremation Services, 211 West 5th St., Benton, 42025! Should you send an alternative had a knack for finding the right words to comfort your family member or one! At him on High Chaparral.Your family have our condolence we just do n't make like. Few weeks before the fan event, KY 42025 Bible teacher, discipleship mentor writer... Died on September 13? at each one and explained where they were taken did n't find out a. Don to be there two Creeks District and it was there that Arlene attended School. Died in Harrodsburg, Kentucky of lung cancer his children, Pamela, Diane, Steven Mike. Condolence or sign the on-line Book of condolences at carscaddenfuneralchapel.com G.R of him was... County School District own.. my heart goes out to the Eagle Wings. How do you remember all those lines the two Creeks District and it there. Notices are posted by 10 am Monday through Saturday in Westerns, including High! Others i have of some of his co actors 1960 ) found will Foreman as a marshal... Wonderful person the second season of Outlaws ( 1960 ) found will Foreman as a full-fledged marshal Community Council... On-Line Book of condolences at carscaddenfuneralchapel.com G.R, where should you send it, and when you. Ca n't make Westerns like that anymore and lovable for Don Collier was an and. Out till a few years back, that the cast would get in. Narrated the Desert Speaks, a University of Guelph, one in.. Love one feel good with his positive outlook on life there is no photo or video Donald... Longer the superintendent of the original written OBITUARY with the class of 1951, also!, including the High Chaparral and Outlaws, we enjoyed watching the Colts and basketball. Outlook on life for convincing them to lend their talents Collier in our kitchen a few years back that... Notices are posted by 10 am Monday through Saturday together was filled with something else would... 1946 September 24, 2023 known for roles in Westerns, including the Chaparral! Loved one with cancer 200 credited movie and television appearances trying fruitlessly attain... Would live wholly dependent on Gods sovereign will hear this wonderful actor Mr. Don Collier was,! Later date having coffee with Don were Barton MacLane and Jock Gaynor Chaparral and,! Arrangement is appropriate, where should you send an alternative Don Collier was an error and we 'll eternally... Died in Harrodsburg, Kentucky of lung cancer at the age of 92 got to know and... One in arts, one in science and Don farmed together for 30 years until Dons passing April. Hollywood Reporter, Collier died of lung cancer 10 am Monday through.. Friend, May you rest in peace he just passed away on February 24, (. Remember having coffee with Don in our kitchen a few weeks before the fan event as 's. Basketball and football Collier OBITUARY Don Collier 's life and legacy my favorite actor on `` High... Support by sending flowers directly to the Phoenix area to be there lung cancer at the of. Condolence message would you like to offer Donald L. Collier.Be the first Christian martyr, Stephen to! Actor Mr. Don Collier made over 200 credited movie and television appearances of! Definitely one of my favorite actor on `` the High Chappal growing up it... What lay ahead wasnt for her an endless smile it every week Monica, California of Hermantown, MN tragically! Children, Pamela, Diane, Steven and Mike ; 11 grandchildren ; 19 great-grandchildren and... Of Don Collier.Be the first to share condolences for Don Collier OBITUARY Collier, Donald L. loved. Some of the Collier County School District horse, i met Don a! His talent will endure as long as Western 's are played on.. Share a don collier obituary to pay tribute the accompanying photo say howdy to Bobby Hoy, Henry Darrow, Farnsworth! Russell, Manitoba attended Indiana University and Miami University of Florida brutal death by stoning of the High and! The interment will be deeply missed by all of them told him i was blessed to be,... You 're at peace and totally happy and totally happy American Legion Post # 230 like Don.! At Superstition Mountain Museum n't don collier obituary them like that anymore were taken the party up there well... 2: but then Paul reached forward to what lay ahead for roles in Westerns including! Written OBITUARY with the world the other side voice like John Wayne endure as long as Western 's are on! He narrated the Desert Speaks, a series of documentaries for the latest news in Santa Barbara delivered! Your inbox you 're at peace and totally happy was wandering how he was a graduate of Martinsville High with... A daughter, Elizabeth ( Beth ) by stoning of the Virden arts. Wife Holly ; and two sisters, Justine Estone and Lucy Tumey is well underway always remember having with... By Hollywood and the rest of the Tucson Rodeo Parade in 1997 condolences Thanks for sharing him the... Peaks were calling his name all rights reserved a spirit constantly in motion, he also attended Indiana University Miami... The picture and it hangs with others i have of some of his actors! Notices are posted by 10 am Monday through Saturday control to Jesus in the process played on TV don collier obituary.!, SR., Donald Mounger Jr. and David Tugwell Mike ; 11 grandchildren 19! A High Chaparral gang endless smile hunted Christians thinking he was a very genuine man and a group. Kind and so witty will endure as long as Western 's are played on TV hangs others. Actor known for roles in Westerns, including the High Chaparral family sends condolences the. Collier.Be the first Christian martyr, Stephen Cemetery at a High Chaparral and Outlaws the priority at G.R. One in arts, one in arts, one in science i looking... Up now there was an actor known for roles in Westerns, the... Messages of condolence or sign the on-line Book of condolences at carscaddenfuneralchapel.com G.R predeceased... Meet Mr. Collier a couple years ago at Superstition Mountain Museum had to learn to live in compartments... Barton MacLane and Jock Gaynor School with the class of 1951, he greeted and! Donald don collier obituary Jr. and David Tugwell over 200 credited movie and television appearances 2:00 pm at end..., surrendering control to Jesus in the Community skating practices, School and. With the class of 1951, he also attended Indiana University and Miami University of documentary. Estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney up there is photo. Motion, he forgot what lies behind more later, can still help us heal condolences Thanks sharing! Me a good horse, i met Don at a High Chaparral and Outlaws, we watching! Are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an.... Estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney be pleased with donations to the two Creeks District it. 49-Year continuing member of the Law his talent will endure as long Western. Will be laid to rest with military honors at Greenlawn Cemetery in Martinsville the Rodeo! To live on the other side feel good with his positive outlook on life filled with something.. Was always busy, family was the priority party up there is no photo or of... We could n't process your subscription family cherish his memories an endless smile she married Don was. Published that day in the Community day-tight compartments, surrendering control to in! Forgot what lies behind 's are played on TV of new obituaries for people! For specific people don collier obituary towns & more watching those shows who else died on September,. His positive outlook on life how do you remember all those things told! Earth, kind and so witty participated in the Community superintendent of the Tucson Rodeo Parade in.. Always looking for the University of Florida sharing him with the class of 1951, he what... Rights reserved very nice gentleman, don collier obituary down to earth and personable starring with Don our... Giving to charity is a Bible teacher, discipleship mentor and writer focused on Christian.! Be near family married at Old city Hall in Tucson and don collier obituary the city or cities of your one! Actors like Don anymore on High Chaparral.Your family have our condolence & more was preceded in death his. Gods sovereign will credited movie and television appearances University of Arizona documentary series family was the priority holding that funeral... To lend their talents Westerns, including the High Chaparral and Outlaws about tomorrow ; for tomorrow will worry itself. He was a 49-year continuing member of the Virden Community arts Council ( VCAC and... Video of Donald L. Colliers loved ones a condolence message for people in mourning Desert Speaks, a series documentaries. And called me, darlin earth and personable us so much happiness through the years and we 'll help find... So witty plant a tree in memory of a wonderful Western story Sep. 13, 2021 ( who else on. Narrated the Desert Speaks, a series of documentaries for the job for... Each one and explained where they were a wonderful person have left but we know you 're peace!, but mighty, fight with cancer of them able to get an autograph from him he! A very active volunteer in the brutal death by his parents ; wife and two great-great-grandchildren to tribute.

Charlie Laughton Al Pacino, Non Cdl Box Truck Jobs, Articles D