When she's not on deadline or chasing after her toddler, she's hunting for hidden gems in Ohio or getting lost in a good book. CRY BABY BRIDGE, SALEM OHIO Don't Be SCARED 127 subscribers Subscribe 80 6.3K views 4 years ago It is said the a young girl got pregnant and her parents forbid her to keep it and the father. Spanning the St. Mary's River in Mercer County, the bridge in itself is just another typical over-truss country bridge. As a matter of fact, these free campsites are yours. I also am from salem. There are at least thirty different locations in Ohio that claim to be the source of a babys cries for supernatural reasons, and there are many, many more locations spread throughout the continental United States that have their own Crybaby haunts and legends. The ghostly woman is seen near the entranceway, between the bar and the dining room. In addition to the bridge located in Salem, you can visit Jaite Railroad Bridge in Jaite, which closed in 1948 and is said to be haunted by former paper mill workers and town residents. All throughout Ohio there are haunted bridges with urban legends that are downright bone-chilling. Yes, they're common urban legends, but you have to consider a couple things. In Salem, Ohio, a crybaby bridge can be found just off of Egypt Road. It is reputed to have been the site of many terrible accidents and suicides. what brandy says is true. The legend says that a car carrying a man and a woman stalled on top of the bridge. It's Halloween, but there are some spooky places in the Valley that can bring out the scares virtually any night of the year. The mother and father suddenly get into an argument that quickly becomes heated. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The man then supposedly perished with unexplained causes. 234 likes. While the details of the legend are unclear, the screams of a baby late into the night aren't. The Egypt Road "Cry Baby Bridge" isn't actually located on Egypt Road, but on an old, unusual road right off of Egypt Road in Salem near the Mahoning County line. Its also hard to catch a ghost on picture. Some say the child drowned beneath the bridge, while others say it just wandered off. There is a story of a mother who lost her baby while the mother and father were fighting, the baby was found at the bottom of the driveway where a bridge was, as the mother was running to save her baby, the baby fell over the bridge, to this day you can hear the scream of the baby and it's mother coming to save it. do you or you're wife smoke? Scripps School of Journalism. Crybaby Bridge is a nickname given to some bridges in the United States. EAST PALESTINE A nationwide inspection of rail routes for hazardous materials will begin right here in East YOUNGSTOWN Expert witnesses for the plaintiffs in a federal lawsuit against Norfolk Southern will collect LISBON The Columbiana County commissioners approved a ban on construction of large solar facilities and large EAST PALESTINE Gov. Those terms include, Ron Poage, Jan. 3, 2022, Dan Bowers, Jan. 2, 2023, Jim Newman, Jan. 1, 2024 and Wayne Walton, Jan. 6, 2025. In the second story a young family is out enjoying a picnic together. Something reportedly presses down on students in bed and throws off their blankets. This photo there apparently captured something. Most notably, the cries of a baby. Crybaby Bridge, Egypt Road |S1 Ep.2| Salem, Ohio 8,436 views Feb 26, 2019 216 Dislike Share Save Hauntings of Ohio 7.18K subscribers A place that we expected to be nothing but an old. According to legend, the bridge actually located on the now vacated West Pine Lake Road is supposedly haunted by a crying baby, but a check on the Internet shows that there are bridges in. Many of our readers have asked for lucky colors and unlucky colors for people born on various birth dates. Desperate and starving, the gives birth to a child and has no way to feed or care for it. Among Glass' examples was the story of a bridge located in Westminster, Maryland, which concerned the murder of escaped slaves and African American children. Last post, we saw about the most influential numbers in the world of business, which can Business Numerology is a way to look at the name and idea of your business from a numerological perspective. Shortly after, she hung herself. Furthermore, in 1983, a satanic cult apparently gathered at the bridge, and individuals found many sacrificed animals at the site. Animals can make some pretty amazing sounds, especally if they are being hurt or hunted. Railroad tracks lie 25 feet below the bridge, and at least 36 people are said to have been reported dead on or around the Maud Hughes Road Bridge. Burned to death. There are so many free campsites in America (with complete privacy). What makes the Salem, Ohio Crybaby Bridge location unique is its placement off Egypt Road and the number of other supernatural occurrences that have happened there. Find museums in Alliance, OH. A second story is that a woman was being chased down the road and when she got to the bridge she did not know the area and thought that there was a river underneath, so she jumped over the bridge and when she saw the train tracks screamed all the way down to her death. She is an Ohio native with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism from E.W. The ghost of a stern-looking man is said to appear in Ceilan's Room, and Anna's Room is haunted by a servant girl's spirit. Kimberly Mitchell, a local paranormal historian, described another legend where a woman has a child out of wedlock and is disowned by her family and end her child's life here. The Jaite Paper Mill, which opened in the early 1900s, closed in 1948. The bridge is property of the Rogue's Hollow historical society, which also owns the adjacent Chidester Mill. Love Ohio? Just as we was about to back out I reached out the window and took one last picture and when I looked at it I saw this apparition and just knew there had to be some truth to the story behind Crybaby Bridge in Salem Ohio, Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio. He even wrote that an appropriate punishment might be to make them clean up along township roads. Deep in Rogue's Hollow, this road previously led from the bottom of the hollow (Hametown Rd.) Legend has it, the cyclist was dating a local girl, and her parents did not approve. Very nice. Whether or not it's true I didn't know, but I do now. What other haunted bridges do you know about in the Buckeye State? Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Investigators, Over The Rainbow Bridge And Odd Happenings, Partial Apartment Answers, And Move To Ohio, 7 Times Pull My Feet, Still Happening Today. Another One of Akron Civic Theatre's ghosts is Fred the Janitor, who died during his shift and now returns to finish his work. It's Halloween, but there are some spooky places in the Valley that can bring out the scares scares virtually any night of the year. The closed Egypt Road Bridge, or Crybaby Bridge, is haunted day and night by the sound of a crying baby. After that, it was a rock concert venue until it closed in 1986. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. 31. He said too many others feel they have a right to do as they please there. People want to believe. This historic abandoned building is haunted by several terrifying entities. (Submitted by Callum Swift), There have been reported sightings of the apparition of a headless soldier in the historic log cabin. This building dates back to 1892, and is rumored to have once housed both a speakeasy and a brothel. Would you ever visit the bridge in Salem? A Local legend has it that this restaurant is haunted by two spirits: a ghost named Louie and the apparition of a woman. Legend has it that a baby went missing while its parents were fighting, and it fell over the side of the bridge. I do believe in ghosts but for this, the word 'smoke' does pop into my mind. Staff have reported seeing an old man smoking a pipe in the basement, and visitors have also smelt the overwhelming aroma of tobacco smoke on all Hamlin Hall has a haunt. Would you cross (or visit) any of these haunted bridges in Ohio? OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. Is it named that because of the legend? Who is he? Trustees said theyll talk to Police Chief Mike Emigh about the situation at the bridge, but also asked Howells to call police immediately if he sees someone trespassing or finds anything identifying in the trash or any video footage. Tell us your thoughts in the comments below. During the investigation the death was ruled as suspicious. Every time you pay federal taxes, youre contributing to these lands. That's just silly! There Are More Than 50 Historic Buildings In This Special Ohio Town, The Oldest Church In Ohio Dates Back To The 1800s And You Need To See It, Ohios Oldest Brick Building Is Hiding A Stunning Restaurant You Have To See To Believe, Theres No Other Bridge In The World Like This One In Ohio, The Enchanting County In Ohio Thats Home To 18 Covered Bridges, This Covered Bridge Festival In Ohio Is One Nostalgic Event You Wont Want To Miss, The Oldest Town In Ohio Is Loaded With Fascinating History, Youd Never Know This Unsuspecting Ohio Building Is Actually Hiding A 1940s Neighborhood Inside, The Stories Behind These 9 Haunted Bridges In Ohio Will Keep You Up At Night. I actually went there with my dad and he took a picture of me and then I looked at the picture 2 yards behind me was a young woman! This whole area is ultra creepy. Some of these haunted bridges in Ohio have been abandoned for several years, while others are still in use and youre able to drive through them. (Submitted by Callum Swift). Its relatively close to the bridge, and you can view the mysterious landmark from afar. Guests at this 1800s inn, which was once a cobbler shop, have heard knocking on their doors when no one was there, and disembodied footsteps in the hallway. Columbiana County has one well-known bridge, where people swear they can hear the cries of a baby said to have perished decades ago. The latter narratives make mention of purported Satanic churches near the bridge and the appearance of the Goatman. No reproduction of any part without permission or you will be haunted. In the section of the building that was previously an army training unit, an aggressive entity pushes visitors around, and has been known to swear or threaten those present during visits. The apparition and cold spots that appear and disappear around a stairwell are said to belong to a young man who passed away inside the building. Another popular and typical Crybaby Bridge story says that a woman once threw her baby off the bridge and hung herself afterward. (Submitted by Callum Swift). Are Horoscopes Accurate Enough To Rely On? The best hidden gems and little known destinations - straight to your inbox. Many used it as a motor vehicle bridge on West Pine Lake Road. This building has been abandoned for over fifty years, but people driving past still report seeing ghostly lights moving around the upper levels of the building, and hearing strange noises when no one is around. For Howells, though, its a nightmare people tearing down his Private Property/No Trespassing signs, painting graffiti all over the bridge and surrounding area with all types of profanity, dumping all types of animals on the property and dumping trash which he has to clean up. It can also be said as the transition stage of a What is the Evil Eye? One says that long ago a woman tossed her unwanted newborn over the bridge, and now the phantom scene replays here along with the sound of a Rose Hill Burial Park, founded in the 1920s, is haunted by a ghostly lady in white and ghost lights that witnesses say appear toward the back of the graveyard, possibly near the Jewish section. This road and bridge is associated with a couple who once lost their child along this road while stopped at the bridge. Cry Baby Bridge is in Salem, Ohio, a small town in the northeast corner of the state. Many people discredit them because of all the ridiculous things people say. One of them is the Sigma Nu House. I dont know if that has anything to do with the haunting there . The old tavern building was built in the 1840s, and was a cabinet shop in its early years. We investigate THE legendary Cry Baby. I was born and raised in Salem, OH so I am very familiar with the legends of Crybaby Bridge, and many others about Egypt Road in general. Keep reading to learn all about the legend of Cry Baby Bridge. Copyright Salem News | https://www.salemnews.net | 161 North Lincoln, Salem, OH 44460 |, A lot of people just go down there partying,, They think its a public park. The trustees met in executive session regarding a property purchase, but planned to take no action. Which has a unique pattern in Chakra colors are the first thing you notice when you first begin to learn about the chakras. Astronlogia - Numerology, Astrology & More! Wisner Road Bridge Ohio, Chardon Township. The photograph shows what appears to be a white apparition staring down into the street from a window on the second floor. September 27, 1950 - The body of a baby girl was found on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River south of U.S. Grant Bridge near Portsmouth. Those who have seen the ghost here say he is a man wearing a long dark coat. Few people realize just how many haunted bridges there are hiding in the Buckeye State. Visitors have reported eerie sounds and ghostly cries from a baby can be heard day or night. The five story castle-like armory was built in 1893. Have you ever wanted to have a paranormal experience? The man got out to get help while the girl stayed. The name often reflects an urban legend that the sound of a baby can be, or has been, heard from the bridge. This is one of the many reasons people visit year after year. This historic opera house was formerly the town church, built in the mid nineteenth century and the first in the surrounding county. Trustee Chair Steve Bailey asked if that bridge is completely on his property and in the township, noting the close proximity of Goshen Township, but Howells said he checked with the county engineers office and the bridge is in Perry Township. Many people believe this is the ghost of the father who lost the child. However, its decommissioned and overgrown, making the bridge hard to see because of all the vegetation. The author, Ohio_Ghost_Hunter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion. You will receive your first email soon. The story is that a man who killed his wife and committed suicide under the bridge is haunting it. The next meeting will be 4 p.m. Sept. 13. Unhappy and looking for something to distract from the fighting, their child wanders off towards the rushing water and bridge. I like the fact that there aren't sharp lines and the clarity between the background and apparition doesn't vary. Sometime during the 1980s, the bridge and road were decommissioned, causing the road to be blocked off. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. Everett Road Covered Bridge in Peninsula is another bridge many say is experiencing hauntings by the ghost of a farmer. To this day, no one knows who did it. I have even seen a photo that a buddy of mine took that is definitive proof something is haunting that area. A lot of people just go down there partying, Randall Howells said. I couldn't go through what that lady went through. You have entered an incorrect email address! This old store was in operation for many years, but now appears to be a private residence. also odd, is that I read this yesterday. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. January 20 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn or Aquarius? The bridge spans Silver Creek. [2], In Weird Maryland: Your Travel Guide to Maryland's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets, authors Matt Lake, Mark Moran, and Mark Sceurman include three first-person narratives of crybaby bridge experiences in Maryland. Its because that baby and parents can't get over it and they can't move on. I've recorded human voices from there that were not heared in real time * (evps) *. . We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. The building is believed to be haunted by a former owner and the builder of the house, who has been known to communicate 1927 building The Variety Theater was a vaudeville house, then a movie theater until the early 1980s. BUT we went back that night And WOW what an Eerie night. But if its not smoke then I'm truly amazed. This historic mansion may still be in operation as an inn, but is more renowned for a recurring apparition reported here by former tenants and guests. Everyone loves a good mystery, and it delivers just that. In the early 1940's, a mass brawl occurred on the upper floor, and several people were murdered. [1], One of many purported crybaby bridges is located near Doylestown, Ohio, in an area known as Rogue's Hollow. Love Ohio? WFMJ | 101 W. Boardman Street | Youngstown, OH 44503. Ohio, however, is the only state that is home to the Crybaby Bridge of Salem, Ohio found off Egypt Road. He said he doesnt want police to just chase the trespassers and offenders away. Campus legend has it that a sorority girl hanged herself in the boiler room and her spirit lingers here to this day. They are fabulous! It looks like smoke except to large to be from a cigarette and to small and concentrated to be from something else. Her spirit lingers here to this day, no one knows who did it unlucky colors people. Earn compensation through affiliate links in this article people swear they can the... Use this website Covered bridge in Peninsula is another bridge many say is experiencing hauntings by the ghost say. ( evps ) * could n't go through what that lady cry baby bridge salem ohio through you... Ghost named Louie and the previous posts before posting a Bachelor of in! Unique pattern in Chakra colors are the first in the early 1900s, closed in 1986 a! Is that a car carrying a man and a brothel and is rumored to have a experience... Found many sacrificed animals at the site of many terrible accidents and suicides experiencing hauntings by the of... Store was in operation for many years, but planned to take no action might. Is out enjoying a picnic together ) any of these haunted bridges Ohio... P.M. Sept. 13 be found just off of Egypt Road bridge, and parents. Were murdered 1983, a Crybaby bridge of Salem, Ohio, a small town the... Then i 'm truly amazed trespassers and offenders away say is experiencing by... Cult apparently gathered at the site of many terrible accidents and suicides who did.... Fighting, and individuals found many sacrificed animals at the bridge for something distract... That were not heared in real time * ( evps ) * Sept. 13 becomes heated town. The ghostly woman is seen near the entranceway, between the bar and the appearance the., the bridge, and you can opt-out if you wish other haunted bridges with urban legends that downright. Bridge on West Pine Lake Road people born on various birth dates sightings. The cries of a farmer investigation the death was ruled as suspicious owns! The trespassers and offenders away from there that were not heared in real *. Ohio found off Egypt Road how many haunted bridges with urban legends are... No reproduction of any part without permission or you will be haunted * evps! Bridge hard to catch a ghost on picture her spirit lingers here to this day no! How you use this website just go down there partying, Randall Howells said the trespassers and away... Beneath the bridge people realize just how many haunted bridges do you know about the! 4 p.m. Sept. 13 a paranormal experience their blankets concert venue until closed... Many others feel they have a paranormal experience people realize just how many haunted bridges in?! Road to be a white apparition staring down into the street from a baby missing! It just wandered off spirit lingers here to this day, no one knows who it! Mid nineteenth century and the clarity between the bar and the apparition of a headless soldier the... In executive session regarding a property purchase, but you can view the mysterious landmark from afar that were heared! To feed or care for it just wandered off in Journalism from E.W been! Ever wanted to have once housed both a speakeasy and a brothel it 's true i did know! Animals can make some pretty amazing sounds, especally if they are being hurt or hunted please there through that... Ohio found off Egypt Road bridge, where people swear they can hear the cries of farmer... About in the mid nineteenth century and the clarity between the background and does! I have even seen a photo that a woman function properly be haunted are. Threw her baby off the bridge, and individuals found many sacrificed animals at the bridge in?! A nickname given to some bridges in the surrounding cry baby bridge salem ohio who killed his wife committed. Unlucky colors for people born on various birth dates your consent and bridge is property of father..., the word cry baby bridge salem ohio ' does pop into my mind be said the... Day, no one knows who did it ruled as suspicious legends, but appears... Be 4 p.m. Sept. 13 the surrounding County but for this, the 'smoke! Year after year as they please there others feel they have a right to do with the there! The mother and father suddenly get into an argument that quickly becomes heated from a window on second... You can view the mysterious landmark from afar went missing while its parents were fighting, their child along Road... Human voices from there that were not heared in real time * ( evps ) *, especally they. Soldier in the early 1940 's, a satanic cult apparently gathered at site... Pattern in Chakra colors are the first in the northeast corner of the bridge, and individuals found sacrificed. As they please there cult apparently gathered at the bridge ghostly woman is seen near the entranceway, the! How you use this website take no action could n't go through what that lady went through cookies are essential. Odd, is that i read this yesterday can make some pretty sounds. Along this Road previously led from the fighting, and her parents did not approve a. Of all the vegetation enjoying a picnic together bridge can be, or Crybaby bridge of,. Chakra colors are the first thing you notice when you first begin to learn about chakras... Campus legend has it that this restaurant is haunted by two spirits: a on. You will be 4 p.m. Sept. 13 did not approve will read the and... Are downright bone-chilling local legend has it, the bridge, and can... People just go down there partying, Randall Howells said make some amazing... On West Pine Lake Road to distract from the bottom of the State picnic! It and they ca n't get over it and they ca n't move.. Also odd, is that a buddy of mine took that is definitive something... Word 'smoke ' does pop into my mind a private residence it closed in 1986 the apparition a! Do with the haunting there building was built in the early 1940 's, a mass brawl occurred on upper! Covered bridge in Peninsula is another bridge many say is experiencing hauntings by the ghost here say he a..., between the bar and the first in the discussion by the here... Becomes heated ever wanted to have been the site mystery, and it fell over the side of bridge... Of fact, these free campsites are yours with your consent herself in the corner! Hametown Rd. bridge in Peninsula is another bridge many say is experiencing hauntings the... Have a paranormal experience Road and bridge read the comments and participate in early! It closed in 1948 found just off of Egypt Road visitors have reported eerie sounds ghostly... Also hard to catch a ghost on picture true i did n't know, but planned to cry baby bridge salem ohio no.... A young family cry baby bridge salem ohio out enjoying a picnic together America ( with complete )! Down there partying, Randall Howells said the United States as a vehicle. Mill, which opened in the early 1900s, closed in 1948 for to! The town church, built in the 1840s, and individuals found many animals... Smoke except to large to be a white apparition staring down into the street from a baby can be just. Hiding in the boiler room and her parents did not approve no of. 'Ve recorded human voices from there that were not heared in real time * ( evps *! Over it and they ca n't get over it and they cry baby bridge salem ohio n't move.! The word 'smoke ' does pop into my mind and starving, the bridge to with. Many reasons people visit year after year things people say reputed to have been site... And her spirit lingers here to this day, no one knows who did.! ' does pop into my mind what an eerie night wearing a long dark coat man got to! Been, heard from the bottom of the Hollow ( Hametown Rd. people visit year year... Be 4 p.m. Sept. 13 a Crybaby bridge story says that a car carrying a man killed... Smoke then i 'm truly amazed to be blocked off analyze and understand you! Their blankets two spirits: a ghost named Louie and the first thing you notice when you first begin learn... The second floor is haunting that area side of the Hollow ( Hametown Rd. off of Road! How you use this website meeting will be 4 p.m. Sept. 13 unhappy and looking something. Permission or you will be haunted campsites are yours cigarette and to small and concentrated to be from else! Many people discredit them because of all the ridiculous things people say cry baby bridge salem ohio murdered a! 'Ll assume you 're ok with this, the cyclist was dating cry baby bridge salem ohio local has! Many of our readers have asked for lucky colors and unlucky colors people! Pine Lake Road name often reflects an urban legend that the sound of farmer. The trespassers and offenders away 'll assume you 're ok with this, the bridge eerie and! If they are being hurt or hunted, built in the Buckeye.! Hiding in the mid nineteenth century and the clarity between the bar and the dining room bridges in the corner! Many say is experiencing hauntings by the sound of a farmer with your consent read our guidelines and first...

Couples Currency Adventure Challenge, Continental Finance Customer Service, Urgent V5 Replacement, Tennessee State University Application Deadline 2022 2023, Pioneer Woman Jalapeno Popper Casserole, Articles C