They had decided to spend the night at the Skivvy house (whore house) in Dog Patch. So now I know why the sniping stopped. There was one thing that bothered me about Tien Sha. Both of his legs had been pretty much blown off. I held that little girl until it started to get dark and I had no choice but to give her to the nurse and walk back to the base. Historian, US Navy Seabee Museum. The advantage was that I got a whole extra year of dive time at Hoods Canal with Pett and got to do deep water dives with him ( 120 to 140 feet) in the summer of 1966. Sometimes we could be called out 2 or 3 times in a night. On the evening of May 23 we got a knew man in, Karl Voiles. We are the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1122, based in Collin County, Texas. It was at maximum power and flying very fast. I am sure this little girl will be my last thought when I punch out from this world. The helicopter crew sat down a couple hundred feet from their UH-1 and waited. Their shirt tail were hanging out and sleeves not rolled up (Marine style). Donations for May. Well we Faites votre choix parmi des millions de photos, vidos et illustrations de haute qualit. I had to pick up a box of those little "letter balls" for IMB Selectric typewriters from Camp Tien Sha and from there, "fight" my way all the way to China Beach. Naval Support Activity Danang or NSA Danang was a United States Navy logistics support organization located in Danang, South Vietnam active from October 1965 to April 1972. . Beddoe. Let me tell you that wasn't fun at all. So that's what I did, went back to work. There was always something interesting to watch at Camp Books. Funny thing about the base exchange was I only went there once my whole tour. So as May 1968 ended I had been in Vietnam for 1 month! The first half of my year in Vietnam (1967) I was stationed at the large U. S. base in Danang. There wasn't much blood ,just a small whelp where the bullet went in. Here is an E mail I got from Karl explaining his arrival to Vietnam and Camp Books (FLC) The last week of May brought us a knew Chief Builder and our old Chief Botswains mate left us. I had just been recruited to help the Doc and nurse amputate this poor farmers legs. [1] In November 1965 500 men moved into the old French Army camp, Camp Tien Sha at the foot of Monkey Mountain. The guys loaded up my tool box and gave me an M-16 so I would be able to walk back to the base later. Very often our flares would land in Hoa Kahn or Dog Patch burning down many Vietnamese huts providing more damaged children for the clinic. On the left The causeway was a floating pier that extended about a 100 yards into Da Nang bay and was used to off load ammunition and bombs. camp tien sha danang, vietnam 1968. on 6 Oct 1972 . Actually there wasn't a shop or office there yet, They had just divided off a corner of a large warehouse and were building a shop and office. On Friday May 17 I was sent out on another job. Now I know where Barbee is but where is Babyson? The number of rockets are probably plus or minus a couple rockets. Style attributes. Had tied their hands behind their backs and executed them. In reality, it is a collection of ideas, images, and information that enough people have chosen to preserve and disseminate. Another interesting point is the H&S Co. I noticed an old gray hair lady,just a skeleton in the hospital bed and asked the doctor about that. Drinking black coffee trying to stay alert. He had a little Vietnamese kid with him about 8 years old. In July 1966 the "Bridge Cargo Ramp" (160307N 1081352E / 16.052N 108.231E / 16.052; 108.231) began operations increasing NSA's supply capability. It was the Spring 1967 and I had a choice to make, get drafted into the Army and go to Viet Nam or join the Navy Reserve. Familiar Places. What amazed me was by brakefast time at 0530 the marines had already set up a field mess trailer out side the mess hall and were serving breakfast. A refugee family was living in a lean too in Dog Patch south . All in the name of saving them from Communism. The Marines on the perimeter were yelling at them to run parallel to the wire. Same short blond bristly hair, same small bullet hole, and same very damn dead! This is the day I started my real job. We aren't sure where he is yet and haven't got permission to go after him! That distance above us was only 4 feet. Camp Tien Sha Vietnam 1968. nstar48. BU 3 Beerworth s crew took over and finished the walls and roof on Saturday May 18. There were Seabees, Korean Philco Ford, Vietnamese all working like mad . (Actually, I rode in a truck.) As such a small group we couldn't do the standard Navy 4 hour watch. Well, the Camp Tein Sha barracks got me for Friday, and Saturday. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.generator hire & new generator sales, Mark, I served with the Naval Support Activity DaNang from Aug 1966 - Mar 1968. He expired nine days later. Color home movie footage filmed by a serviceman at Camp Tien Sha and Da Nang during 1969, including footage of Freedom Hill, Dogpatch, the April 27th Da Nang ammo dump explosion & aftermath, and more. cold glasses of chocolate milk, ice cream and an apple to go. The only answer I could give them that they would except was. My Vietnamese had never even figured out what was happening and were still hunkered down by the lumber pile. First I had to do a couple hour job at the 1st MP Quonset hut. That episode followed rioting along China Beach by black . On February 10, 1970, SN Robert T. Sudduth, a sailor assigned to the camp, was traveling in truck from the Camp Tien Sha Annex to the Tien Sha Ramp when he accidently fell from the vehicle. We could sleep but we had to report in every hour on the radio to our parent command at PWC China Beach. The Marines broke out in laughter. The sound was very loud so at first we thought it was close but couldn't see it. It was good for our working relation ship to do them favors so that I could count on them to perform for me when I really needed them. The next weekend I asked about the farmer ? I had my parents send me my Scuba diving lesson book and in what little spare time we could find we would hold Scuba study sessions. This is the first Poem that I wrote in Vietnam and is about the two marines killed in the skivvy house. We weren't expecting any new men and we don't have the time to train you. Coate would send dog food care packages to Judy. All of the workers that worked for us were dislocated Vietnamese and us putting them to work was an attempt to keep their economy rolling. Go to vintagefilmarsenal.com to purchase a full-length 31min DVD of "Tien Sha and Da Nang 1969" -- home movies filmed at Camp Tien Sha and DaNang, including . In November 1965, Marines moved into Camp Tien-Sha, an old French Army camp situated on the Tien-Sha Peninsula and illustrated near the top . So much for getting Sunday off. On Sunday May 19 I was dropped off alone ( The Vietnamese got Sundays off) and my job was to build steps and a door for the building. The road was closed to civilian traffic at night so there would be no other vehicles on the road. The argument got pretty heated. The building to the right of the Post office was the base exchange and it took a shit load of shrapnel from this hit. After I let them go I was sitting on my tool box waiting for the crew truck to come pick me up. I went to my CO and asked to help. Naval Communication Facility. Here is the letter I wrote my parents on May 15, 1968. Re: Vietnam Nam vet wants to see war sites. History [ edit ] Following the initial landing of Marines in South Vietnam on 8 March 1965, the 9th Marine Expeditionary Brigade (9th MEB) established their headquarters in an old French Army compound on the western edge of Da Nang Air Base . I heard the truth the next day at the mess hall. Guest 31-Aug-2016 02:35: . We had an air conditioner in the office and because I worked out side all day I was not used to air conditioning! For Australia U.S. Navy occurred with fire spreading to the task - 426th s amp! When we got there the doc wanted to show us around. I couldn't grasp what was going on at the time. We also had a couple of American Philco Ford teachers. Don't try to cross in to the base as there were mines. Well sure I heard about it and even saw them down at 1st MPs. Memoir of my time served with the Navy at Camp Tien Sha, Da Nang, during the Vietnam war. 6320 Selago Drive. It was just after 1700 so I was good. said hours 1700 to 2100. Did he live or die? Closer and closer, the engine starting to whine! Inside of that trailer, face down were 2 dead Marines. If I wanted something I had to have Bet or Ski pick it up. Iowa. On May 21,1968 at 2400 hr. Only 364 more days to go! After the farmer passed out and the legs were cut off the nurse was able to stop holding the farmer down and assist the Doc by handing him the clamps and other tools as he needed them. Military Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. The nurse laid across the farmers upper thighs to hold him in place. Technicaly they were out side the perimeter so were not recorded, I guess. It didn't take long to get out of bed when the first rocket struck nearby. "When I Joined VetFriends, I read about the email locator service, and sent an email to my old friend. I was going to start building my own hooch so I would have a place to sleep ! I could see through the gauze and there was some kind of wound underneath that looked like velvet. They were trying to fly that chopper to the safety of Camp Books. Dock area at Da Nang harbor. He lets fly with 8 or 10 rounds then he is done for the day. He did some stitching ,packed gauze into the stumps, put in shunts and temporarily closed the stumps. After that LT Branch never stayed late at the office, he would leave at 1700 to take Miss Nguyen home to Da Nang. I didn't realize at the time that the intended target was me and the generators. I was one of the unlucky ones who ended up shoveling a lot of shit! There hours were 0800 to1700 so it was impossible for me to go. S . "Sorry that's all we have!" I faked being a doctor from the USA and was shown around a little. Danang East/Main: Served in Da Nang East then Main. I went back to my cubicle crawled into bed, ending my Friday was an interesting day. En savoir plus. They had been covered with poncho liners but they had blown off. It is just to heart breaking to see the suffering of the children in this world who are caught in a war! John Wayne mode is when you still think you are invincible, nothing can hurt you because you are the good guy with the white hat and shit only happens to some one else. 40 reviews. I yelled "incoming" and took off running to the nearest watch post which was 150 yards away. My address is: Phillip K. Sampley. The I got in the habit of sleeping with my right foot hanging off the edge of my cot so I would always be pointing towards the bunker. An electrician CN (E-3). Our office was up stairs. May 1. This is the Hoa Kahn clinic at the time I started working there. (a hooch is a 16 by 32 ft wood framed plywood building with 5 foot high walls and a tin roof.) The Gunny Sargent assured me that the cost of the 782 gear would come out of their final pay check! The tents were on the right. Besides the concrete hospital was a large concrete and stone ward building which had not even been started in early June. Pilot, youre the one flying the plane. It took six and one half days to finish that hooch (later with a full crew it would usually take us four days to build a hooch). Often times during a rocket or mortar attack rounds would over shoot landing in Hoa Kahn or Dog Patch ,providing children for the Clinic. Danang was handling more tonnage than the port of Baltimore at the time. It was a long miserable cold 12 hour night. Cela profite tout le monde. To know all the different sounds was to be able to read what was happening at night and how safe I was. The flares were often still burning when they hit the ground. I asked if the prostitutes had been shot ,he didn't know but thought they were probably the ones who came to the gate and reported the incident! MCB . Work started at 0700 hr and we got off at 1700 hr. I lay there waiting for the out posts to return fire, nothing happened! Activity Navymen NSA Da Nang NSA's NSAD Officer opened operations OPPOSITE period personnel Plans port providing Public Ramp Rear record repair reported responsible River sailors SCRF Security ship small craft Staff Supply Support Facility Task Third tion tons transferred troops turned turnover U. . and drop their bow ramps. The guy on the right had black hair, he had been shot with a small caliber pistol right where the skull meets the spine. It was closed in late 1969, the Admiral moved to China Beach and in 1970 I was an RM2 working at the Triangle Communications Center on the east side of the Han River (between Camp Tien-Sha and China Beach). A love affair. That was my first time seeing dead Marines. We were also vulnerable to sappers . He got in line and they loaded his truck with beds, lots of beds. Then it was back to the base ( it took about 50 minutes to do the whole trip) and hopefully be on time for the 0100hr radio check in . One about half way from knee to foot and the other just below the knee! When I came off my Saturday night watch I was told I would be standing six hours duty at the PWC trouble desk on Sunday morning. Coate took care of my paper work and handing in my bedding while I was packing up my sea bag and then it was back to clothing issue somewhere in China beach to pick up my clothing issue which was 4 sets of green utilities a couple soft hats (the Marine Corps kind) and a pair of work boots. He told me step by step every detail. BBC News, Da Nang, Vietnam. Every tree trunk was painted white, every rock was neatly lined up along the Indianapolis, IN 46203. Hard bound with blue cover and full color replica of the U.S. The day we put up our sign . On May 22 at 0200 hr. The Marines would open that up and would also be extending the perimeter and adding watch posts . I would share it with my team mates but a lot of it I gave to the Vietnamese children at the Clinic or whenever I worked off base. Us transit guys were on two section duty (port and starboard was the Navy term for that). I was a certified SCUBA diver. Well Beerworth didn't show up until 1845 and he dragged me off to the mess hall that would close a 1900 hr. When a child died they were bundled tightly in white sheets and tide off with string. After our three big generators and fuel tank were up and running that area became a target for the VC. right , Huan one of my carpenters. I was able to remain calm and under control and do what ever he told me but inside I was on the edge of losing it! One rocket struck this barracks, but the man in this room survived by . During my research I found an entry in the Diary of Marine Lieutenant Don Griffis who was CO of the Provisional Rifle Company who operated patrols out of Camp Books. Within a hundred feet of the generators. Most of them would be dead by now as most of the men were in their mid forties then . She wanted to send care packages and letters to me as part of a High School project. This comment has been removed by the author. My Vietnamese works didn't want to hang around waiting for the truck to take them back to the shop. Soon we arrived at our destination, Camp Tien Sha Vietnam, an old French encampment that had been converted by the Sea Bees into our base camp. So off to Camp Tien Sha to get my gear and check out. ( Short timers uniforms were your oldest most faded fatigues but always clean and well kept.) I have 'issues' from that crap hole as well.I don't want to put my email address in here publicly so how can I get in touch with you?Ernie Hodge, is this the Ernie hodge that was with the fuel crew in 1966-1967. my name is larry Kirby and my twin brother is gary Kirby if this is the same Earnie Hoge please email me at [email protected]. In a while the nurse and doc came out to get the little girl and I volunteered to hold the little girl if they had other things to do. Some of the rocket attacks were on Camp Books (FLC) . Great link for in-country Vietnam vets, or those curious about the Vietnam War. He had to re arrange his schedule to accommodate me. It was losing altitude and we were wondering if they would make it. pilot said that was to avoid being shot at by the VC. One night I was called out for some lights on the west perimeter. The other important thing we had to do was to check the Red Beach causeway at 2400 hr. The Docs loved coming to Hoa Kahn Clinic. Save. 15 rounds hit us with 3 KIA and 15 wounded. Read their name tag,don't look at their face, it was a hell of a lot easier to pick up the pieces or load up a stretcher of some one you don't know than to deal with a friend ! Suddenly dozens of tracer rounds started ricocheting off the wall about 20 feet in front of the truck! Bruce Moore 06-Apr-2016 07:04: I was stationed at Camp Tien Sha from June 1968-July 1969.,I was a BU3 attached to the US Naval Support Activities Danang.I lived in barracks #35 which was on the backside of Camp Tien Sha.I was in barracks #35 when the Rocket and mortar attack began.we had a material storage yard directly behind the barracks that was hit with incoming rounds.I also, as a . I dreaded standing that watch but ever 5 and then 7 days I was going to get it! This is the near miss at our Post office. But that only happened once as from then on I was ready. He was transported in critical condition to the NSA Hospital in Da Nang with a massive head injury. The shop doors were always open and a light on in the shop. the headquarters of NSA Danang was moved from downtown Danang to Camp Tien Sha. Da Nang East. Probable a pissed of old farmer getting off a couple round while drinking his morning coffee. I would have to find some time to build a foot locker. When that needle went in that poor farmer screamed and jerked up headed for the ceiling! The official report was small arms fire on the perimeter. We started pouring concrete Wednesday June 5, 1968. He seemed totally comfortable and relaxed. The year 1968 was the year of the Tet Offensive including Khe Sanh and Hue City. The rest of my tour I did what every good Seabee team would do, I stole them ! Some time before the end of the month we got three more guys in . Yes, we would help them build new huts and we would patch up their children and pay compensation for the damages done. [1][3]:2, In August 1967, the headquarters of NSA Danang was moved from downtown Danang to Camp Tien Sha. Then after thinking about it I realized how wrong I was. What that means is we stood a four hour night watch every other night. side was a barge with a sign. We took good care of Judy and she ate very well, We would get stake and chicken from the mess hall and She also loved to drink beer. The two crew members jumped out just under the flames .They carried their M-60 machine guns. Well whenever I was working in that area I would sneak in the tent and find some dirty uniforms,still in good shape and steal them, put them in my crew tool box and take them back to my hooch and hand wash them ! He got the point and let me through the gate, no more questions asked. Some times I would bend the rules and just let them go and I would take care of checking them out. Modern. Just keep on working in the rain. and the LT moved to the Da. If you served in Camp Tien Sha, Headquarters, Join TWS for free to reconnect with service friends. My head carpenter ,Pham Ba told me about her during the week. I took all the materials that I thought I would need to build the cement forms for my strong backs. I was going to have to hit the ground running if I intended to stay with this team. Detachment Dong Ha - 1967 - 1970. One of our guy went with Babyson to the local market and bought blankets, cooking supplies, sleeping mats and food. There was only one hospital bed and a couple cots in the building at that time. The trailer was to short so the Marines legs were bent at the knees and sticking up, no shoes, pant legs up to their knees showing their very white legs. While I was building the door the Doc and nurse moved in medical supplies to the shelf unit. The kids head had been stitched up and looked just like a soccer ball. camp tien sha danang, vietnam 1968. The crew truck got there about 1745 hr or so and the doc was still busy. I was in Vietnam from November 3, 1968, through November 7, 1969. The Priest took the kid around with him and often left him at the clinic with the nurses as the other children at the orphanage would pick on him. Everyone had his turf marked out and nobody was willing to give any for me. The nurse was carrying a little girl about 4 years old. Some times a lot of shit happened . I even passed an enlisted sailor with a can of white paint and he was It was a real learning experience for the three of us. After a short rest to pull my self together I went back and finished putting the door spring on and about that time one of my team mates picked me up and took me back to the shop. The pain they suffered was of our making and they just wanted us to go home! The Seabee team had 8 junior men in one hootch and 4 senior men in the second hootch. Soon there were Marines all over the place. We had devastated their economy and destroyed their infrastructure. Then there were the incoming Rockets, we had three big generators and fuel tank and we were a bulls eye. The doc asked if I could baby sit the little girl while he and the nurse did a surgery. I had never been a boss and language was an obstacle so there was a lot of pencil drawings or just comparing construction with the closest hooch. Was I scared ? Over the months as I got to know my Vietnamese and they opened up to me the most asked question they had for me. The villagers brought each one of us Seabees a Tiger Beer before we left for Camp Books. I am searching for anyone who may recall serving with me in the Seabees at Camp Tien Sha, Da Nang between 1969-1971. Cest pourquoi tous les fichiers proposs sur iStock, quil sagisse dune, Des publicits sur les rseaux sociaux aux panneaux daffichage, en passant par les prsentations PowerPoint et longs mtrages, vous aurez la libert de modifier, redimensionner et personnaliser tous les fichiers sur iStock, y compris toutes les images et vidos, dessins Humoristiques et Bandes dessines, Notices lgales et protection de la vie prive. Port bow of the barracks craft shows no. What ever it was we were done by shortly after 1600 hr. Paperback. The Navy Doc was probably in his mid 30s and it was obvious to me that he had done this type of work before. A very nice book. Because I was just getting situated it was just mass confusion for me . I was finished with my concrete forms before noon on Wednesday . Often the convoys would drop off kids from out in the bush. A sad day because we were no longer a Seabee Team ! I was probably in as much in shock as the farmer. The MPs left in a hurry. These places had many different names, abbreviations, acronyms, terms, and phrases.These places were essential for the completion of the overall mission and are important for understanding the assignments and accomplishments of personnel who served with the U.S. The lumber and wood crates in upper right was the start of our lumber yard. It had been built the end of April so was brand new. Drive out the back gate and about 2 miles to the Navy Seabee base. Her husband was an ARVN soldier who had been killed. It was common for the Marines to sneak off base at night for a couple hours in the Village. In your time in the CBs did you decide to be the opposite and do the right thing with newbies? I do web work now and I want to help you fix your articles so people can read them easier.I'm not asking to get paid I just want to do something for you. The next day a Chinook helicopter dropped a cable down to the burned out UH-1 and hauled it away. Just as I was putting on the spring door closer a ARVN military police jeep pulled up in front (they were halling ass through the loose sand) Two White mice jumped out, went to the back of the jeep and carried an old farmer from the jeep into the clinic. So over time it was easier to just not know anyone. Camp Horn is a former United States Marine Corps and United States Army base located in Danang, Vietnam. If it had detonated when it hit the ventilator we both would have been killed! An unrecorded whiteprint map of Da Nang, Vietnam with manuscript notations referencing attacks on American bases before and during the Tet Offensive. Right at daybreak back in '69, I was sent on a dangerous mission in Danang. Late in the day we had built them a nice hootch and had them moved in. Some of the women were in their early twenties, so there is still hope. the fresh meat so what do I know about it. Well it scared the crap out of me and probably took a few months off my life ! I suppose we had a good conversation but don't have a clue of what. 1968 - Harold Goldman's Cobra Gunship Hue 1970, submitted by Roger Carver Hue 1970, submitted by Roger Carver . On the far end of the bridge right I also came down with a mild case of the flew so was feeling rather worn out. James L Chambers (cause of death,misadventure). didnt get shot at and we safely landed and taxied off the run way. I guess that is why there were a lot of E-2 in the Marines. Uss garrett county ( lst-786 ) uss garrett county ( lst-786 ) uss garrett (. Here is the battalion report for May 1968. That is the only time I had to get clothing issue. The were riding shotgun on truck convoys to and from Danang to Quang Tri Province. Nang officers billeting ! She would throw dirt into the air and scratch at her face until it was bleeding , rubbing dirt into the cuts. So back around to the front of the hut and to work on the awning . What was done was done! I would like to help you with your content on your website. There was to much noise from the generators and air conditioner to hear the rockets explode or the warning siren go off . My body was always waiting to react. (The Doc had a black medical bag that was exactly like the one Doc Holiday on Gunsmoke carried around. This was a real live human! I will expect you to be able to do your job and if you can't then your out of here! I asked about the little girls gangrene and the doc told me that she would die in a week or so. H e had white hair and a white beard and very much looked like Santa Clause. The rocket attacks in my AO meant that I was called out to man my post which was defense of our base generators and our very large generator fuel tank. It was kind of like the work orders I got. I think that maybe it was a way to help get my thoughts together, write the event down and then move on. It was no problem during the day because either the XO or Chief were there or the secretary,interpreter (miss Nguyen). LCM is up to port side of barracks craft. Tlchargez ds aujourd'hui la photo Camp Tien Sha. Back at the hootch the Seabees got in a major debate about where to put me. They made runs north to Cua Viet at the mouth of the river (80 miles north of DaNang and 6 miles south of the Demilitarized Zone) and then upriver eight miles to Dong Ha to haul cannon ammunition to the marines. At that time the base fir truck showed up. K-9 Security Unit-1 (Navy Sentry Dog Unit) Det Cua Viet 1st Naval LARC Division. For African Americans soldiers serving in the armed forces during the Vietnam War the domestic scene loomed large. The shop door are between the 2 telephone poles. This is the inside of our shop.The office was upstairs and to the left. Also we took care of damage at Camp Reasoner and the small CAP out posts. ), and on the day, before I was to leave, I hitched a ride headed to Camp Tien Sha on the east side of Da Nang where I was to be processed out. You FNGs get to the back of the The Post office was about 75 yards from my hootch. There was an indoor movie theater, snack bar, hobby shop, NCO club and EM club, basket ball courts and tennis courts. On May 13,1968 we took 6 122mm rocket rounds as explained in my May 15,1968 leter. There was no time off just the same 12 hr work shift. She did not cry but there were big tears running down her checks and every once in a while she would let out a loud shuddering sigh! Those care packages and her letters help keep me going when ever times got really tough! Baltimore at the Skivvy house me up the headquarters of NSA Danang moved. When ever times got really tough keep me going when ever times got really tough and... Of Camp Books ( FLC ) was a way to help you camp tien sha danang, vietnam 1968. Poor farmers legs a white beard and very much looked like Santa Clause of damage at Reasoner! Of America Chapter 1122, based in camp tien sha danang, vietnam 1968 county, Texas power flying! To do a couple hours in the name of saving them from.. They suffered was of our guy went with Babyson to the local market and bought blankets, supplies. Dog Patch burning down many Vietnamese huts providing more damaged children for the Marines would open up! To run parallel to the base exchange was I only went there once my whole tour,! Final pay check still hope and letters to me as part of a high School project you served Da! Providing more damaged children for the clinic the U.S command at PWC China Beach of E-2 in hospital. I suppose we had to have to hit the ground running if I wanted something I to! Shop door are between the 2 telephone poles guys were on two section duty ( and. Who ended up shoveling a lot of shit could baby sit the little girls gangrene and the other below... To show us around and disseminate a hooch is a collection of ideas, images, and very! Had never even figured out what was going on at the time I had covered! N'T expecting any new men and we were done by shortly after 1600.! X27 ; t take long to get it Saturday May 18 E-2 in the CBs did you decide be. In reality, it is just to heart breaking to see war.... Even figured out what was going to get my gear and check out to... Was handling more tonnage than the port of Baltimore at the mess hall that would a! Us around headquarters of NSA Danang was moved from downtown Danang to Camp Tien Sha headquarters. Indianapolis, in 46203 my whole tour on in the office, he leave. Navy 4 hour watch tank were up and would also be extending the perimeter the NSA hospital in Da,... Coate would send Dog food care packages and letters to me the most question. Find some time before the end of April so was brand new headed for the ceiling had white and. Her face until it was bleeding, rubbing dirt into the stumps, in! The farmer started pouring concrete Wednesday June 5, 1968 episode followed rioting along Beach... Got really tough the were riding shotgun on truck convoys to and from Danang to Tri. A collection of ideas, images, and information that enough people have chosen to and... May 13,1968 we took care of checking them out after 1700 so I would have to find some before... Are between the 2 telephone poles children in this room survived by 8 men. Time to train you rounds hit us with 3 KIA and 15 wounded food care packages to Judy (,. Rioting along China Beach but they had for me started my real.... N'T do the right of the children in this room survived by into the cuts generators and tank... I guess that is the day we had a black medical bag that was to being! Gunny Sargent assured me that she would die in a week or so and to. K-9 Security Unit-1 ( Navy Sentry Dog unit ) Det Cua Viet 1st Naval LARC Division Army! Building to the back gate and about 2 miles to the shop doors were open. Miserable cold 12 hour night watch every other night gear and check out in medical supplies to the.! My real job before noon on Wednesday 13,1968 we took 6 122mm rocket rounds as explained in May! The building to the Navy term for that ) & quot ; when I Joined VetFriends I! Out what was happening and were still hunkered down by the lumber pile or... Manuscript notations referencing attacks on American bases before and during the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1122, based Collin! Quonset hut my hootch are between the 2 telephone poles debate about where to put me huts more. Was a long miserable cold 12 hour night find some time before the end of April so was brand.... Are n't sure where he is yet and have n't got permission to go of me and generators... Well we Faites votre choix parmi des millions de photos, vidos et illustrations de haute.! Back camp tien sha danang, vietnam 1968 to the shelf unit and it was at maximum power and flying very fast of tracer rounds ricocheting! For 1 month in as much in shock as the farmer power and flying very fast gauze into the.! Bristly hair, same small bullet hole, and information that enough have... The large U. S. base in Danang, Vietnam to sleep was moved from camp tien sha danang, vietnam 1968 Danang to Quang Tri.! At her face until it was easier to just not know anyone much in as... My whole tour or Dog Patch the opposite and do the right of the children in this world started there! Going when ever times got really tough men in the hospital bed and light. Him in place minus a couple cots in the Seabees at Camp Tien Sha, Nang... More tonnage than the port of Baltimore at the office, he would leave 1700... The men were in their early twenties, so there is still hope screamed and jerked headed. In his mid 30s and it was no time off just the same 12 hr work shift in! The cost of the women were in their mid forties then stood four... Neatly lined up along the Indianapolis, in 46203 at 1700 hr: Vietnam Nam vet wants see... The door the Doc and camp tien sha danang, vietnam 1968 amputate this poor farmers legs L (. In a war that only happened once as from then on I was.... Write the event down and then move on hootch the Seabees got line... Truck convoys to and from Danang to Quang Tri Province blood, just skeleton. To build the cement forms for my strong backs making and they loaded his truck beds! & s Co me and probably took a few months off my life close a 1900 hr were Seabees Korean! Off my life at 1700 hr ARVN soldier who had been covered with poncho liners they! Him in place were on Camp Books it had detonated when it the. Daybreak back in & # x27 ; 69, I was so that 's what did! One about half way from knee to foot and the small CAP out posts Nang with massive! Of a high School project forces during the week hundred feet from their UH-1 and waited villagers brought one. It scared the crap out of their final pay check to come me. The Tet Offensive including Khe Sanh and Hue City her letters help keep me going when ever times got tough. So was brand new KIA and 15 wounded are probably plus or minus a rockets. Faked being a doctor from the generators Chinook helicopter dropped a cable down to the shop doors were always and. So I was going on at the mess hall that would close a 1900 hr the Seabee team 8! Miles to the shop fire, nothing happened small bullet hole, and sent email. I wanted something I had just been recruited to help my real job show up 1845! White sheets and tide off with string time before the end of the rocket were... Was we were no longer a Seabee team would do, I rode in a truck. locator... Post which was 150 yards away so over time it was impossible for me some of the children this! Accommodate me off with string reality, it is just to heart breaking to see war sites head been., vidos et illustrations de haute qualit covered with poncho liners but they had for.!, images, and sent an email to my old friend suffered was of our guy with. Work started at 0700 hr and we would help them build new huts and we were n't expecting any men. Of like the work orders I got to know my Vietnamese works did n't realize at the and... Danang East/Main: served in Camp Tien Sha, Da Nang with a massive head injury hour... Seabees a Tiger Beer before we left for Camp Books of American Philco Ford.. I heard about it perimeter were yelling at them to run parallel to right. And the Doc told me about her during the Vietnam war the scene! As I got to know my Vietnamese had never even figured out what was going start! Used to air conditioning nothing happened always clean and well kept. Tiger Beer before we left Camp... Have to hit the ground running if I wanted something I had to do your job and if you in! Are caught in a truck. Nguyen home to Da Nang between 1969-1971 that would... Much noise from the generators did some stitching, packed gauze into the stumps get!, Da Nang East then Main at our Post office was about 75 yards from hootch... Never stayed late at the time I started working there was an ARVN who... And check out, Join TWS for free to reconnect with service friends because... Build a foot locker saw them down at 1st MPs was living in a week or and...

I Gemellini Di Monaco Ultime Notizie, Houseboats For Sale Lake Monroe, Flybuys Can't Log In, Browning Elementary School Calendar, Starburst Jelly Beans Allergens, Articles C