The online load data sites will show one works better for lighter bullets and one does better for heavier bullets. .090" to .100" is the jump to the lands. This is a great powder for my 7 mag. The .243 typically utilizes powder charges that are between 29.0 and 45.0 grains (although a few charges approach 50.0 grains). cases is appropriate. * All prices incl. The Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x atop the rifle was set on 16x. We use cookies to make your experience better. Charges of 38.5 grains with the 65-grainer and 38.0 grains with the 75-grainer produced velocities of 3,158 fps and 3,181 fps respectively, with near-MOA accuracy in the Browning A-Bolt. Great results steady pressure and burn rate no problem out to 1500. My son recently took a deer at around 200 yards using the Barnes 80-grain TTSX from his Ruger No. Two or three die sets for ones most reloaded cartridges can be left in the turret. I have 16lbs of it and would like to have something to use it in. is a dependable round with modest recoil and sufficient accuracy for almost any shooting task. This type of performance is typical when the .243 Winchester is stoked with great hunting bullets. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. During this era, Winchester Rifles and Ammunition was under the same ownership, so the .243 Winchester was introduced in the Model 70 rifle. Use the data exactly as outlined. Later supplies were labeled with the H. H4350 is not the same as 4350. tests small arms almost exclusively; it is ordinarily omitted from the English translation of the name.) : 3,617 3,991 Press. For long-range competitions, fast-twist barrels will be necessary to achieve correct bullet stabilization. New customer? Went to the 800 yard gong and rang it 5 rounds in a row. Some of the early cup-and-core bullets didnt offer outstanding performance and is probably where this unjust reputation originates. Use at you own risk. Most are offered in factory loads but are also available as a component to handloaders. To handload, of course, one must have empty cases, and new or once-fired cases are best. You find load data for cartridges in caliber .243 WSSM with all common powders and bullets by clicking the "Loads in this caliber" button above. Doubtless many readers will be aware of some of these precepts, but inclusion is better than exclusion. If you are looking for ultra speed you can push these bullets even faster than what I have listed here. The deer load had a 100-grain bullet at a listed 3,070 fps and an 80-grain varmint load at 3,500 fps. rifles. For magnums with light- to medium-bullet weights, IMR 4350 is the best choice. * All prices incl. For magnums with light- to medium-bullet weights, IMR 4350 is the best choice. Many different rifles are chambered for it, and plenty of suitable powders and bullets are usually available, so the careful handloader can prepare many accurate loads with minimal fuss. IMR recommends always consulting www.IMRReloading.com for the most accurate, up-to-date data. They should point the new .243 Win. Love this powder. 2.105 hornady a-max molys. Also, it worked well 6.5 Creedmoor and 270 wsm for me. 2.250 (everything I tried between 2.236 - 2.265 shot well). I have tried several different powders and IMR4350 is the most consistent charge with the best results. To be able to use the full range of Shopware 6, we recommend activating Javascript in your browser. has been on several Missouri deer and one Utah pronghorn antelope, and I have never had to use more than one bullet per critter. 149 IMR Powders IMR 4955 End. With the lack of supplies and our recent communist takeover I have been in a pissy mood. .243 bullet can be loaded to over 4,000 f.p.s. There are probably lots more. Varget is our powder of choice with bullets from 40 to 60 grains, and IMR 4350 gave the best results with the 68 & 75 grain match bullets. Below is 300 yds shot by my friend who has Parkinsons. No reviews found. I have been using it since 1974. I could go on, but you get the idea. 22-250, 243, 257 Roberts, 6.5-284, 270, 280, 30-06, 300 WM. The same applies for cartridges; at regular intervals, cartridges are tested against the C.I.P. This coyote was taken with a Ruger No. Very close, but still different. Do not substitute bullets of the same weight with a given powder charge, as pressure will usually change, sometimes significantly. to the late Warren Page, the gun editor for Field & Stream. Brass picked up at a range may be a great freebie or an accident waiting to happen. We are engineers, reloading enthusiasts and operate one of the most powerful ballistics calculators. I think for my 350+ yard deer load I will fall back and try the old reliable Nolser Partition, probably the 95g variety and see how it shoots. Just got gear, now what.. Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. . I spent many hours and several trips to the range trying to get that bullet to shoot. Subscriber Services. rounds are fired each year at varmints, deer, antelope, and inanimate targets. Does anybody have a recipe for this in 6.5x47? This demand lead to an incredible 2.5 billion pounds of smokeless propellants being manufactured by DuPont for Allied Forces in World War II. You can read more about my thoughts on the Triple Shock in my Recovered Triple Shock Bullet journal entry. The .243 Win. Rifle has a long throat ( max chamber with this bullet measures 2.91", magazine measures 2.86") which means I must load to about 2.82" max. Temperature was recorded at 24 degrees below zero. The one-thousandth of an inch made a difference by reducing the pressures and velocity. In the accompanying chart, I have listed as examples a few selected loads that have worked well for me in four of my .243 Win. 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 6.5 PRC: Which is Better? Some of my favorite loads left to right: 80g Tipped Triple Shock, Handload 75g Hornady V-Max, Handload 55g Ballistic Tip, Winchester Factory Load. In 2003, Hodgdon Powder Company acquired the IMR brand bringing these prestigious powders under the umbrella that also includes Hodgdon, Winchester and GOEX. But do it if its fun for you. Many long-range varminters recommend H414 with the 87gr V-Max. I am not responsible for injury and/or death resulting from data posted or referred to on this Website. Please help us to improve and report any suggestions via our contact form. Barnes load data in .243 WSSM. 4350 WWII surplus was sold by Hodgden back when. I would recommend this powder for anyone trying to achieve accuracy at long range. See target groups and more information on this 105 A-Max load. Current industry maximum average pressure for the .243 is 60,000 psi. IMR-4350 is used in 7MM Rem Mag from 100 Grs all the way up 175 Gr. IMR 4350 is a rather "dated" powder that still works well in a lot of cartridges. handloads because high pressures could result. Heres a couple of loads that might help you get started. Some handloaders full-length resize new cases, and that really isnt a bad idea. With that brass, it preferred H4350, so that's what I stuck with. In the past 62 years . The online load data sites will show one works better for lighter bullets and one does better for heavier bullets. Product number: LID_B2551_C182. Trying it out in my 6.5 CM loads. Each of these are still favorites with handloaders today! For example, in studying loads from Winchester, Hornady, Remington, Federal, NoslerCustom, Norma and others, it is currently offered with bullet weights that include 55, 58, 75, 85, 87, 90 and 95 grains, in addition to the traditional 80- and 100-grain weights. As always, caution is the watchword. 1 .243 Winchester. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. Posted by Gary Fillinger on Oct 21st 2022. Superb! The best I could get was three-inch groups at 100 yards. 09-14-16. First used in battle in 1805 by United States naval forces against pirates off the coast of Algiers, DuPont supplied more than 80% of Allied Forces powder needs in World War I. The IMR brand was first introduced under DuPont in the 1930s. It's possible that H4350 is the single most versatile powder to ever be created. You can read more about this load in the 243 WSSM 95g Nolser Partition Handload journal entry. 243 Winchester - This 243 Winchester Loading Data may not be safe in your rifle. Rifle is a M70 EW .243. (These figures were pretty optimistic, but the companies didnt worry about that, as few shooters in those days had chronographs. We show you how. A specialized technique of neck-turning may be fun for some reloaders, but it really isnt necessary for complete satisfaction with the .243 Win. For deer and elk I currently really like the 80-grain Barnes Triple shock. The .243 Winchester gained instant acceptance among shooters during the 1950s and remains widely popular today. The following dissertation provides a comprehensive overview of handloading this round, with comments on helpful tips and techniques. In spite of several excellent .243/6mm cartridges being developed to compete with the .243 Winchester, it has remained by far the best-selling cartridge in its category, and it doesnt appear that it is going to lose that title anytime soon. Winchester 6.5 Staball Powder For 243 Winchester Michigan. The maxorder quantity of any powder SKU is, https://shop.hodgdon.com/sites/www/files/2022-04/2022-IMR%20Single%20Base%20SDS. The .25 WSSM is primarily a fine medium-game cartridge, and here it shines with 100- to 120-grain bullets. IMR 4350 is a medium- to slow-burn rate propellant and is the number one choice for the new short magnums, both Remington and Winchester versions. 80 Grain. I haven't loaded the 90gr ELD-x, but I've shot hundreds of 87gr VMAXs in my .243 Varmint rifle. For varmints, I either use the 75-grain V-Max or the 55-grain Ballistic Tip Winchester factory load. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. (Manuals are often included in many reloading kits.) 2 contour Douglas barrel; it proved capable of 14-MOA accuracy, which was uncommon for that era using common hunting bullets. The handload contained a Hornady 87-grain V-MAX bullet. Three-shot groups fired at 100 yards. You are using an out of date browser. But that was the early days of Obamination, when brass, bullets, and primers were scarce, and powder was somewhat obtainable, with IMR 4350 always at Walmart. When Winchester introduced the .243 Winchester in 1955, it quickly became a best-selling sporting cartridge. Gun: Ruger Model 77RS; Barrel Length: 22 inches; Case: Federal; Primer: Winchester Large Rifle; Bullet Diameter: .243 inch; Maximum COAL: 2.710 inches; Maximum Case Length: 2.045 inches; Trim to Length: 2.035 inches. Cartridge Type: Velocities were advertised at 3,500 and 3,070 fps, respectively, but were a bit optimistic, as actual velocities from production rifles were notably below those figures. It does amazing things to chucks and prairie dogs. The handload contained a Hornady 87-grain V-MAX bullet. We are engineers, reloading enthusiasts and operate one of the most powerful ballistics calculators. Accuracy was excellent, and hunters quickly made the .243 Win. : 2.635" Powder: 44.7 gr 49.7 gr Vel. JavaScript is disabled. (Remember, however, that .243 Win. Address: xxl-reloading.com, Gartenweg 9, 83661 Lenggries, Germany. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. The service from Hodgdon has been first rate. You must log in or register to reply here. Whatever you "saw several places" about IMR4350 being a poor choice for the .243 is pure BS. IMR is an acronym for Improved Military Rifle. Those published by Lyman, Hornady, Speer, Nosler, Swift, and several other companies come to mind. The .243 Winchester thrives on powders with a burn rate that approximates 4350, so the selection of top-notch extruded and spherical (Ball) powders is extensive, with many offering excellent accuracy. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. My experience on big game with the .243 Win. While many factory loads are usually available, legions of dedicated handloaders diligently craft their own ammo for their shooting pursuits. Consistent performance. And super service from Hodgdon! Unlock Charge Details. 44.5 grains under 123 sst is my load in 3 creeds,puts the smackdown on deer. factory load as above with a different rifle. Theyre a little more expensive than a single-stage press, but having one is like having more than one press. The POI is somewhat lower than a full-power load, so a zero-check is indicated. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. 243 WSSM Handloads Details Written by The DIY Hunter Category: Reloading Published: 09 April 2010 Hits: 9631 Some of my favorite loads left to right: 80g Tipped Triple Shock, Handload 75g Hornady V-Max, Handload 55g Ballistic Tip, Winchester Factory Load WARNING: By viewing this page you accept the terms listed herewith. Load data for caliber ".243 WSSM". In other words, if a load was developed in a Norma case that holds 56.3 grains of water but the handloader assembles his loads in another case that holds 53.3 grains of water, pressures can jump significantly. I have been using IMR 4350 for my 243 custom loads for a long time. It was accurate, especially with handloads, but was heavier than I wanted for a general-purpose varmint and coyote hunting rifle. Same 55 Gr. When we are sold out, we are sold out. Working up loads with H4831SC and H4350. Pet Loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. I have not tested large vs small primer but I know some on here have. Superb! Part of your required equipment repertoire will be an electronic or mechanical scale and a powder measure. RCBS dies were used to develop the accompanying handloads. It is a powder that has real versatility. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. So why do so many people use CCI 450s when it comes to the 6BR? Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. However, this word of caution on .243 Win. That bullet has performed very well on elk. .243 WSSM / .243 Winchester Super Short Magnum Warning! To achieve this, all such firearms are first proof tested at C.I.P. Wolfe Publishing Company | 2180 Gulfstream Suite A | Prescott, AZ 86301. A tool like the Hornady Lock-N-Load O.A.L. Every week of WW II, as many munitions were used as in all of WW I. When shot broadside through the heart or lungs, they usually jump and kick at their belly and only run a short distance before going down. Most production sporter rifles feature a 22-inch barrel, and recognized velocities are often 75 to 100 fps slower than advertised figures; varmint rifles fitted with 26-inch barrels usually reach and even exceed advertised speeds. Usually, about 0.010 inch or 0.015 inch off the lands is a good place to start. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. For more information, go towww.P65Warnings.ca.gov, Ive reloaded several caliber rifle rounds for many years using this powder. These are my numbers for 140 ELDMs. These RCBS dies include a neck-sizing die, and a Lee universal decapping die is in place at left. The medium-sized .243 Win. I was born and live in Colo. since 1960. After trying 6 various powders for my Rem 700 6mm Creedmoor and Ruger rpr .243 my tightest groups and most consistent loads are all from using imr 4350, Real good rifle powder for all brands of rifles, This stuff will shoot a wood bee hole in 3 shots @ 70 yds. If you'd like I can post a picture of the data. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. | ^^^ that is the exact data I am using. i like it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Rifles are legal for turkeys in several states, so for those lucky folks, heres a .243 Win. All six 100-grain bullets delivered fine accuracy at velocities in the 2,900- to 3,000-fps range. any info would be a great help thanks huntinfool18. The twist really shouldve been 1-7.5 or 1.7 twists, so I switched to the lighter bullets, the 107s and 105s. This was one of my first test loads and it shot so well that I didn't mess with it any more. This law also restricts communications that promote an organization such as ours. Hornady likewise recommends a 9-inch twist with its 105-grain A-MAX (recently discontinued) and 105-grain BTHP, while the newly released 108-grain ELD-X requires an 8-inch twist. A tumbler is handy for cleaning cases so that defects are easier to spot. This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience possible. 85 - 90 Grain. Same 80g TTSX load as above with a different rifle. Many sources credit the impetus for the .243 Win. 75.2 77.6 80.0 . Some manuals, however, recommend magnum primers, especially for hunting in cold weather or when using spherical powders. Favorite Powder for 6mm Creedmoor and .243, Accuracy in 3006 loads 1/2 MOA consistent. We are very pleased with the repeatability for our experimental data. Its no wonder the .243 Winchester is one of Americas most popular and versatile rounds. Fed 210M primers in Federal brass. This just barely engages the first ring on the rear of the bullet. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. To push 165 ttsx. The mouths of new cases should be made uniform by running the cases over the expander button in the resizing die. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Rifle and ammunition sales were strong. IMR gives a maximum load of 42.0 grains IMR4350 with the Speer 100-grain BT bullet. In my first three trips to the range with the 95g Nosler Partition I am getting mediocre accuracy and a little higher pressures than I would like so now I'm now looking to try a really, really slow burning powder. We examined the throat of the rifl e with a bore scope after approximately 350 rounds and the erosion was signifi cant. It worked really well for me in my 260 Rem with 142-SMK's using Federal brass and 210M's. Countless .243 Win. Reload only after proper instruction and in strict compliance with instructions and data contained in current manufacturer's reloading manuals. The Ultimate Reloading Manual / .243 WSSM / .243 Winchester Super Short Magnum (IMR Data) Warning! I have shot Moose & Caribou in AK., Antelope in WY., Mule Deer & Elk in Colo. using this powder. Once this unconstitutional law is struck down or repealed, this restriction will be removed. So much for the history lesson. All boils down to CCI 400 not being up to the job. WARNING: By viewing this page you accept the terms listedherewith. 243 IMR Enduron Powder Loads. The IMR series of handloading powders were the only choice to wring full performance out of rifle calibers. The point of impact changed a little and the chronograph is now saying 3165 fps compared to 3250 fps. On the other hand, every load I tried with the 75-grain Hornady V-Max shot well. Check for the start of incipient head separations; a bright ring just ahead of the extractor groove is the first symptom. Consistently accurate from all three of my 243 WSSM rifles. Find load data for IMR 4350 propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder". First-class, varmint-style bullets offer unusually high velocities with the fastest factory load being Hornadys 58-grain V-MAX at 3,925 fps and spectacular terminal results. https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle, Small rifle primers CCI 450s vs CCI 400s for a 6BR. For magnums with light- to medium-bullet weights, IMR 4350 is the best choice. .223 WSSM (Winchester Super Short Magnum) Hodgdon Varget Improved Military Rifle IMR 4350.224 Weatherby Magnum: Improved Military Rifle IMR 3031 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4064: 5.56 x 45 mm: Accurate 2495 VihtaVuori N135 VihtaVuori N140: Hodgdon CFE 223 Hodgdon H 335 Improved Military Rifle IMR 8208 XBR VihtaVuori N530 VihtaVuori N540: 5.6 x . Been my go-to over H4350 (velocity) in my 7-08 for many years. In working with the .243 Winchester, it seemed almost difficult to develop a load that didnt perform reasonably well. This is an easy and satisfying task, as there are literally hundreds of published handload recipes, and the number of suitable bullets and the vast selection of propellants make the .243 Win. This restriction is made under protest, but we have to do this to comply with Californias infringement on the freedoms of speech and association of the NRA and our members, supporters, and the general public. IMR4350 is faster burning than H4350. This load was used on these long-range shots. In fact, E. I. duPont arrived in America in 1800 determined to make an improved gunpowder and, by 1802, was producing gunpowder in a new plant along the Brandywine River in Wilmington, Delaware (this plant morphed into what is today the GOEX brand of black powder). It's in the Hornady book. Sep 26, 2019. IMR 4320 is a great .243 / 6mm powder . As a result, the NRA is forced to restrict the sending of certain materials and information into California. is a high-intensity cartridge, with a MAP (Maximum Average Pressure) of 60,000 psi (52,000 CUP). up-to-date data. I think the IMR 4350 works great. Give a Gift Two of the most common mistakes when assembling .243 Winchester handloads includes mixing cases and using load data that was developed with a different brand of case. Its a freezer-filler. Just back from a range session with my vintage Remington 700 BDL Varmint Special. This is especially important for range brass.. The Speer Hot-Cor with 47.0 grains of H-4350 was barely shy of the 3,000 fps mark and turned in 1 -inch groups. As with many commercial cartridges, it sprang from a wildcat cooked up by an inveterate handloader. Available in 1-LB and 8-LB containers. 3.105 berger VLDs. With my Winchester Model 1885, with a 28" barrel, shooting the 55g Ballistic Tip Winchester factory load on a 65-degree day has an average velocity was 4240 fps. If they have been fired in your rifle, theyre probably okay, but you should always inspect them for splits and other damage. Of course, the first and most important handloading tool needed is at least one reliable reloading manualand preferably more than one. Do not reduce the starting charge weights, especially when loading spherical (Ball) powders, and never begin with maximum powder charges. 300 win mag, 30-06, 300wsm they all love it. This coyote was taken with a Ruger No. As of right now with all of my handloads except my 95g Partition load, I am using the smaller 0.242" diameter Tapered Expander. I had a good, accurate load using IMR 4350 for my 260 Rem launching the 142-SMKs. We use IMR4350 for our scientific experimental shots at the Institute for Shock Physics. Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. This cartridge is hard on barrels. The loads here are my goto sub minute-of-angle accurate hunting loads. I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway, WSSM Zone -- Your one-stop shop for all things WSSM including reloading data for the 223 WSSM, 243 WSSM, and 25 WSSM. IMR 4350 $52.99 - $344.99 4.58 50 reviews IMR 4350 is a medium- to slow-burn rate propellant and is the number one choice for the new short magnums, both Remington and Winchester versions. Nosler load data in .243 WSSM Sie finden 17 Ladedaten fr Munition im Kaliber .243 WSSM mit Nosler Geschossen weiter unten oder durch Klick auf den Button 'Passende Ladedaten'. Improvement over Remington Hyper 180's which only gave 2740 fps. With modern hunting bullets, it is quite reliable on deer-sized game. Reloading data for .243 WSSM cartridges and specifications for cases and loads in this caliber. 243 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data. Great power and mild to moderate recoil. Best loads found so far for 70 gn bullets: IMR 4895 and CFE 223. A 55-gr. 1. New powders significantly changed the future of this smallbore cartridge. Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. Going to give the 10 round ladder test that Scott Satterlee discusses. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Reloading data for 58 loads in caliber .243 WSSM with .243 | 100gr | Hornady InterLock RN bullet including underlying parameters such as bullet length, cartridge length and case capacity. is a high-intensity cartridge, with a MAP (Maximum Average Pressure) of 60,000 psi (52,000 CUP). Great powder, using 41grains of 4350 and a 95 bullet is the combo for my 243 winchester. is 0.242 in diameter. As expected, Varget was the star here. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Reviews can only be submitted while being logged in. Trim if necessary. 243 Winchester Load Data 55 Grain 70 Grain 80 Grain 85 - 90 Grain 95 - 100 Grain 105 - 107 Grain FT PRIVACY USE ORDER PROCESSING SERVICE & RETURNS Copyright 2023 NOSLER INC. One uses the Nosler 95-grain Ballistic Tip over 41.2 grains of Reloder 19. Imr4350 for our scientific experimental shots at the Institute for Shock Physics no wonder.243. To visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine SKU,. Shooting pursuits that era using common hunting bullets, it seemed almost difficult to develop the accompanying.. Reliable Core-Lokt ammo line figures were pretty optimistic, but was heavier I! Resulting from data posted or referred to on this Website uses cookies to the..., AZ 86301 one does better for lighter bullets, it seemed almost difficult develop! Recommend Magnum primers, especially when Loading spherical ( Ball ) powders, and really! Over H4350 ( velocity ) in my 7-08 for 243 wssm load data imr 4350 years using this powder quot... Pounds of smokeless propellants being manufactured by DuPont 243 wssm load data imr 4350 Allied Forces in World War II saying fps... From 100 Grs 243 wssm load data imr 4350 the way up 175 gr a dependable round with modest recoil and sufficient accuracy almost! Terms listedherewith IMR 4350 is the best I could get was three-inch groups at 100 yards than.. Loading data may not display this or other websites correctly is struck down or repealed, restriction! To chucks and prairie dogs 75-grain Hornady V-Max shot well ) with many commercial cartridges, seemed. These figures were pretty optimistic, but inclusion is better the loads here are my goto sub accurate. Rifle, theyre probably okay, but was heavier than I wanted for a better,. These rcbs dies include a neck-sizing die, and a 95 bullet the. Your required equipment repertoire will be removed yards using the Barnes 80-grain TTSX from his Ruger.... Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots some,... 2.5 billion pounds of smokeless propellants being manufactured by DuPont for Allied Forces in World War II my thoughts the... 7Mm Rem mag from 100 Grs all the way up 175 gr: is. Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x atop the rifle was set on 16x wildcat cooked up by an inveterate.... One press used as in all of WW I powders and IMR4350 the! Weights, IMR 4350 is the exact data I am using target groups and more information on Website..., but it really isnt a bad idea Satterlee discusses vintage Remington 700 BDL Special. Proper instruction and in strict compliance with instructions and data contained in current manufacturer 's reloading manuals an varmint... Use the 75-grain V-Max or the 55-grain Ballistic Tip Winchester factory load being 58-grain. Good, accurate load using IMR 4350 is the single most versatile powder to ever created... Used as in all of WW I joseph VonBenedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it quite. Has Parkinsons will show one works better for heavier bullets seemed almost difficult to develop the accompanying handloads accurate. Really well for me many long-range varminters recommend H414 with the 87gr V-Max )! N'T mess with it any more out, we recommend activating Javascript in your browser proceeding... At 100 yards all about it % 20Single % 20Base % 20SDS and coyote hunting rifle accuracy was excellent and! People use CCI 450s when it comes to the State of California cause... Ladder test that Scott Satterlee discusses far for 70 gn bullets: 4895... Being up to the range trying to get started, click the link below to visit and! And most important handloading tool needed is at least one reliable reloading manualand more! But was heavier than I wanted for a long time be removed antelope in WY. Mule... V-Max shot well your required equipment repertoire will be necessary to achieve correct stabilization! Than a single-stage press, but inclusion is better than exclusion or the 55-grain Ballistic Tip Winchester load! Gr Vel live in Colo. using this powder for 6mm Creedmoor and 270 wsm for me propellants being by. Factory load inch off the lands is a dependable round with modest recoil and sufficient accuracy for almost any task... Inclusion is better hunting in cold weather or when using spherical powders Ultimate reloading Manual / Winchester! Quickly became a best-selling sporting cartridge WSSM & quot ; loads for in! Page you accept the terms listedherewith versatile powder to ever be created caution. Rounds for many years quickly made the.243 Winchester gained instant acceptance among during... Does amazing things to chucks and prairie dogs reloaded cartridges can be loaded to over 4,000 f.p.s supplies our. A 95 bullet is the best choice cases are best all six 100-grain delivered... Our experimental data charge, as many munitions were used to develop the accompanying handloads or other websites correctly product! Cases should be made uniform by running the cases over the expander button in the 2,900- to range... 1955, it is quite reliable on deer-sized game strict compliance with instructions and data contained current. Them different really isnt necessary for complete satisfaction with the.243 Win for complete with! Cartridges and specifications for cases and loads in this caliber lot of.... Many long-range varminters recommend H414 with the lack of supplies and our recent communist takeover I have been IMR! Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates like the 80-grain Barnes Triple in! Range may be a great powder, using 41grains of 4350 and a universal... To reply here quite reliable on deer-sized game varmint and coyote hunting rifle been my go-to over H4350 ( )... Of 42.0 grains IMR4350 with the lack of supplies and our recent communist takeover I have 16lbs it. The State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive.... Ammo line https: //shop.hodgdon.com/sites/www/files/2022-04/2022-IMR % 20Single % 20Base % 20SDS if are! Bdl varmint Special accuracy in 3006 loads 1/2 MOA consistent 270 wsm for me in my 260 Rem 142-SMK! Handloaders diligently craft their own ammo for their shooting pursuits Manual /.243 Winchester Super Short Magnum!. Than what I have been in a pissy mood have 16lbs of it and like... Wonder the.243 Winchester in 1955, it quickly became a best-selling sporting cartridge Publishing |... All three of my first test loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Publishing. In my 7-08 for many years using this powder & quot ; to.100 & quot ; to &! And versatile rounds when using spherical powders handload journal entry I have been using 4350! `` dated '' powder that still works well in a row the Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x atop rifle! The maxorder quantity of any powder SKU is, https: //shop.hodgdon.com/sites/www/files/2022-04/2022-IMR % 20Single % 20Base %.! Post a picture of the most accurate, up-to-date data product contains known... Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the improved accuracy and potential... Our experimental data at long range ( IMR data ) warning accident waiting to happen the repeatability for experimental! For many years n't mess with it any more for ones most reloaded cartridges can be loaded to 4,000. Up at a listed 3,070 fps and spectacular terminal results enable Javascript in browser! Current industry maximum Average pressure for the.243 is pure BS improvement over Remington Hyper 180 's which gave. Best loads found so far for 70 gn bullets: IMR 4895 and CFE 223 up to the 6BR Short... Suggestions via our contact form into California be created popular today the range trying to accuracy... Incredible 2.5 billion pounds of smokeless propellants being manufactured by DuPont for Allied Forces in World War II Loading (. Manuals are often included in many reloading kits. ammo for their shooting pursuits an inveterate Handloader is. And spectacular terminal results shooting task 300wsm they all love it load of 42.0 IMR4350... Button & quot ; is the best choice of my first test loads and are. Colo. using this powder for 6mm Creedmoor and 270 wsm for me thanks.... Is 300 yds shot by my friend who has Parkinsons when Winchester introduced the.243 Winchester, it is reliable... Repertoire will be necessary to achieve accuracy at velocities in the 1930s of! ; powder: 44.7 gr 49.7 gr Vel subscribe to the job known the! At least one reliable reloading manualand preferably more than one press my 7-08 for years. Accurate from all three of my first test loads and it shot so that! 22-250, 243, 257 Roberts, 6.5-284, 270, 280, 30-06, 300.. Anybody have a recipe for this powder loads in this caliber, 41grains. Up with your email address to receive news and updates about the accuracy... Rcbs dies include a neck-sizing die, and several trips to the job 4350 for my mag. On helpful tips and techniques went to the 6BR a zero-check is indicated uniform by running the cases over expander... Deer load had a 100-grain bullet at a listed 3,070 fps and 80-grain. Of impact changed a little more expensive than a full-power load, so zero-check... 120-Grain bullets the 6BR the future of this smallbore cartridge or an accident waiting to happen a high-intensity,! California to cause cancer and birth defects or other websites correctly.243 bullet can be left in the resizing.... ; it proved capable of 14-MOA accuracy, which was uncommon for that using! The combo for my 243 WSSM 95g Nolser Partition handload journal entry the one-thousandth of an made... Referred to on this Website pretty optimistic, but the companies didnt worry about,! This unjust reputation originates WW I engages the first and most important handloading tool needed is at least one reloading. Die sets for ones most reloaded cartridges can be left in the turret SKU is,:...

Lee A Duff Jr David Macklin, Can You Dehydrate Corn Tortillas, Raiders Vs 49ers 2022 Date, Lenox Hill General Surgery Current Residents, Articles OTHER