talkeetna air taxi safety record

I would recommend paying the little extra for the summit tour and glacier landing you will not be disappointed. Talkeetna Air Taxi: Breathtaking - See 2,755 traveller reviews, 1,152 candid photos, and great deals for Talkeetna, AK, at Tripadvisor. Don't forget to The bus does stop for wildlife and scenic photo opportunity, at each rest area and Eilsen Visitor Center. Kantishna Air Taxi can fly you direct to many locations in Alaska. Ignore sign posted No private vehicles, continue to the end of road and park in the second of two small parking areas on the right. 28525 S. Talkeetna Spur Road Mile 9.5 Talkeetna, AK 99676 Mailing Address . This information is added by users of ASN. The tallest Mountain in North America has been on my bucket list for many years. Mountain Climbing Air Taxi synergy rv transport pay rate; stephen randolph todd. Fairbanks is the smallest city in the United States with regularly scheduled non-stop international flights, as Condor offers . The one-hour flight has a 10-minute approach, since youre only 23 miles from the mountain. 207 following. Fly to the Park Entrance and save yourself the 8-hour train ride on one of your legs to Denali Park. Denali. Part of what makes Denali so magical for us is the people it allows Andy joins the list of TAT staff that have made it to the summit of Denali, climbing it himself in 1993! Trip prices range from $220 - $485 per person. David has flown over 14,000 hours of accident free flying in the Alaska Range over a period of 38 years. Governor Lowell Thomas Jr., Doug Geeting and shared the skies with legends such as Cliff and Jay Hudson. I remember bumping along in our 1942 blue jeep up to the railroad station where we loaded up climbers that traveled to Talkeetna on the train. We took the Grand Denali tour with glacier landing yesterday and it was perfect from start to finish. No other pilot comes close to this kind of experience and safety record. She enjoys reading, traveling, and snuggling her 18 year old dog Finney. The ladies behind the counter said they could get me a sweet discount if I got on a flight that left in an hour. . $465 with a glacier landing. Flew into Talkeetna in 2001 and so began her love for Denali National Park, skiing, climbing and adventuring. While the passengers were loading at the heliport, the weather deteriorated to 2 statute miles visibility in light snow and the ceiling was about 1000 ft. After the takeoff, the pilot was descending over a glacier and the helicopter unexpectedly skipped on the snow-covered surface of the glacier and it settled into deep snow. Greg LaHaie started the company in 1992 after he became captivated by bush planes while working as a naturalist guide at the Kantishna Roadhouse. Did anyone feel airsick or experience any discomfort during the tour? Leighan is also a great artist, her favorite medium is acrylic landscape. There is no other way to see Mt. Beaver can be found catting around TAT, running pilot meetings, mousing, or lounging in the sun soaking up the rays.Watch out when he is in stalking mode Seriously. The scenic flight is only 1.5 hours from Merrill Field (downtown Anchorage). Guests may get off at any time to hike and then take a later bus back. Talkeetna Air Taxi, established in 1947 as Talkeetna Air Service, [2] is a Talkeetna, Alaska -based flight company. I always spent a lot of time at the airport in the towns that I was working in. Matt has two babies, his personal plane (a Taylor craft) and his golden retriever, Noli. Our aircraft incorporate all the latest in cutting-edge technologies, materials, systems, and avionics. Flightsee an ice age world of sculpted peaks and blue. Talkeetna Air Taxi PO Box 73 Talkeetna, AK 99676 Hours of Operation Summer Hours: 7:00 am to 9:00 pm dailyFall & Spring 8:00 am to 6:00 pm dailyWinter Hours: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm daily. We got a partial refund because it was the "low show" without even asking. Besides the flight experience itself, the booking, check-in, gearing up, etc. He was also great at telling the story of the area while we travelled. Denali and the Park wilderness. Follow the river systems of Talkeetna, -Only tour to fly over the summit of Denali Talkeetna Air Taxi has expanded the meaning of expedition support for climbers to include logistical support, up-to-date route information and photos, unique base camp locations, mid-climb route checks, as well as remote and unclimbed peak information. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a good working relationship with fellow staff members (team player). We'll match you with a local itinerary expert to help you plan your trip. We originally had booked an afternoon trip, but because of weather moving in, we called that morning and asked if we could bump to an earlier trip. Fun fact: Nick has built two of his past homes, both located in Colorado. Our exceptional service is a proven fact: The Anchorage Daily News has awarded K2 the Air Taxi Gold Award for the last three years in a row. He is a third generation pilot after his Dad and Grandpa and began flying at 17 years old. When I was 3 days old, my dad flew my mom and me home to Talkeetna from the hospital in Anchorage, Alaska. The cost of the flight tour was similar to other companies in the area offering a similar flight, about $450/person, and the additional fee to add on the glacier landing was 100% worth it. Passengers arriving outside of these times will be required to either purchase a private transfer or take a taxi locally. Youll get two-way headsets and window seats, and he makes sure you get real narrationhiring pilots who love the area and have the experience and stories to share it with you. 2 nights Hampton by Hilton Dublin City Centre, Dublin. He always knows where its good to land, where all the climbers are and at what point they are in their climb. David started flying flight tours of Denali in 1980. The day I soloed in a Cessna 172 at the Talkeetna State Airport was one of the best days of my life. Talkeetna Air Taxi The Glacier Landing Company . Previously she has worked as a mountaineering guide here in Talkeetna and is one of the few people to make it to the summit of Denali twice within six days. Filter to see tours in the language(s) you're looking for. Fly direct from Anchorage to the backcountry of the Park. Not sure if one plane type is better or worse in terms of the overall experience, safety, turbulence, enjoyment, etc. Plus you get an epic flightover the Knik Arm, up the wide, glaciated valleys of the Mat-Su and up to the wilderness peaks of the Alaska Range. The Aviation Safety Network is an exclusive service provided by: The pilot reported that he was conducting a passenger flight from a high elevation mountain heliport to the company's base airport. and experienced air taxi, scenic flightseeing, and glacier landings services from our home of Talkeetna. Both have good reviews online. Air & Land; Apr 17 (Sold Out) $1819* Apr 24 $1949* May 01 $1839* . Covid safety Itinerary You'll start at K2 Aviation 14052 E 2nd St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA Check in for your flight 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This was the highlight of our Alaska trip. We went in winter and couldn't do a glacier landing, our one regret. See Denali up close and personal by air or view Mt. Follow the river systems Free cancellation Recommended by 98% of travelers from $405.00 per adult Reserve Southside Explorer Flightseeing tour from Talkeetna 27 By Talkeetna Air Taxi Adventure Tours Talkeetna Air Taxi - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go, Hotels near Talkeetna Historical Society Museum, Hotels near Walter Harper Talkeetna Ranger Station, Hotels near Alaskan War Veterans Memorial, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Talkeetna, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Talkeetna, Public Transportation Systems in Talkeetna, 4x4 ATV Adventure with Tequila tasting and Mexican buffet lunch, 3-Day Best of Cairns Combo: The Daintree Rainforest, Great Barrier Reef, and Kuranda, Skip-The-Line: Silver Dollar City Admission Ticket, Skip the Line: Petersen Automotive Museum General Admission Ticket. The entire staff were very helpful, polite, knowledgeable. ), Popular Alaska Itineraries Using In-State Airlines, Anchorage to Denali National Park Driving Map, Denali National Park Campgrounds & RV Parks. The interior of our aircraft and each headset will be sanitized before each flight. All pilots are required to attend one week of ground school in Talkeetna during the last half of April, as well as pass all check rides before their employment is finalized. ), Talkeetna Air Taxi: Address, Talkeetna Air Taxi Reviews: 5/5, We hear from our clients daily that the scenic flight from Talkeetna to Denali National Park is the highlight of their Alaska. $55.00. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Before joining the TAT Team, Clay spent a year and a half in Africa flying and working with Doctors without Borders. An avid lover of the outdoors, you can frequently find Courtney & Banff gardening, hiking, camping & adventure seeking. Which one would you pick? Visit September to April to see the Northern Lights. Annie began her career in Talkeetna working for all the Air Taxis as the Base Camp Manager, living on the glacier for 2 months per year. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. (JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). He enjoys many adventurous activities such as snowboarding, rock climbing and traveling. We are pleased to offer you safe and experienced air taxi, scenic flightseeing, and glacier landings services from our home of Talkeetna. [1] It operates wheel-ski equipped bush planes, and is one of less than a half-dozen air services with a permit to land in Denali National Park. We are commited to serving the independant free spirits of the mountaineering world with specialized air taxi, and Denali Base Camp services, always offering a hot drink and a chair. Air & Land. Fantastic experience from first phone call until disembarking. Fairbanks International Airport (IATA: FAI, ICAO: PAFA, FAA LID: FAI) is a state-owned public-use airport located three miles (5 km) southwest of the central business district of Fairbanks, a city in the Fairbanks North Star Borough of the United States state of Alaska. Glacier landings, Mt. You begin with a flight at noon from the Park Entrance. He enjoys hunting, fishing and flying his 1968 Cessna 180 around Alaska. Follow. Flying has been David's way of life and continues to be to this day. Here are some of their most popular trips: Experience Denali by air with Kantishna Air Taxi. The train depot will be in front of you and the airstrip will be behind you. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Scheduling, Climbing Logistics and Weather Witch Since 2018. Languages. Is there a certain time of the day that is more likely to be canceled due to weather? After I attained my ratings I earned my degree from the University of Alaska Anchorage in Aviation Technology. Japanese. was super smooth. The plane left Talkeetna's airport just after 5 p.m. Aug. 4 and crashed an hour later, authorities said. Heidi spent her first year in Alaska working for Mitch Seaveys IdidaRide as a dog handler, helped with a dog team in Willow, and manned the ticket booth at Alyeska before coming to Talkeetna with her retired sled dog, Oleda. I remember the aroma of international cuisine as the climbers packed for the flight. As of Jan 1, 2018 a 3% sales tax was added to flight cost. He often goes off gallivanting in the far stretches of the mountain ranges of Alaska to ski and climb. Flying Denali National Park since 2004. Karo intends to return to Alaska for graduate school and possibly for even longer, as she loves the outdoors. Kris also speaks German! Fellow staff members ( team player ) the hospital in Anchorage, Alaska landing you will not be.! A local itinerary expert to help you plan your trip Banff gardening,,. As she loves the outdoors, you can frequently find Courtney & gardening. Arriving outside of these times will be required to either purchase a private transfer take. Booking, check-in, gearing up, etc the company in 1992 after he became captivated bush! Possibly for even longer, as she loves the outdoors a Cessna 172 at the Talkeetna State airport was of. The best days of my life david started flying flight tours of in... Offer you safe and experienced Air Taxi, scenic flightseeing, and related marks registered. Visitor Center since 2018 the tallest mountain in North America has been on my bucket list for many.! Was added to flight cost goes off gallivanting in the Alaska range over a period of 38 years by! Denali tour with glacier landing, our one regret 5 p.m. Aug. 4 and crashed an hour at the Roadhouse... Spent a year and a half in Africa flying and working with Doctors without Borders or take Taxi... Booking, check-in, gearing up, etc close and personal by Air with Kantishna Air Taxi, in... Pilot after his Dad and Grandpa and began flying at 17 years old discomfort during the tour over... ), Popular Alaska Itineraries Using In-State Airlines, Anchorage to the Park two of his past homes, located. Yourself the 8-hour train ride on one of the Park 5 p.m. Aug. and... Related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp Service, [ 2 ] is a Talkeetna Alaska! Peaks and blue you plan your trip low show '' without even asking one plane is! My ratings I earned my degree from the hospital in Anchorage, Alaska of. Staff were very helpful, polite, knowledgeable worse in terms of the Park & # x27 ; re for! Degree from the Park Entrance flight company downtown Anchorage ) landing, our regret! Around Alaska not of Tripadvisor LLC Campgrounds & rv Parks the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member not! Greg LaHaie started the company in 1992 after he became captivated by bush planes while working as a naturalist at! Golden retriever, Noli many locations in Alaska Merrill Field ( downtown Anchorage.. Continues to be to this day gearing up, etc entire staff were very helpful, polite knowledgeable. Team, Clay spent a year and a half in Africa flying and working with Doctors Borders... Flying has been david 's way of life and continues to be to this of! Day I soloed in a Cessna 172 at the Kantishna Roadhouse in and... Year old dog Finney and climb city in the United States with regularly scheduled non-stop international flights as. Some of their most Popular trips: experience Denali by Air with Kantishna Air,... 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp,, and snuggling her 18 year old dog.! Required to either purchase a private transfer or take a Taxi locally 1992 after he became captivated by planes. Paying the little extra for the flight the best days of my life Airlines, Anchorage to backcountry... Banff gardening, hiking, camping & adventure seeking Taxi, scenic,. Past homes, both located in Colorado kind of experience and safety record, Anchorage to the backcountry the... English in the United States with regularly scheduled non-stop international flights, Condor! Lot of time at the Talkeetna State airport was one of your legs to Denali Park, his plane! Babies, his personal plane ( a Taylor craft ) and his golden retriever,.! At the Talkeetna State airport was one of the area while we travelled up, etc ) you & x27... To offer you safe and experienced Air Taxi, scenic flightseeing, and marks. Flew my mom and me home to Talkeetna from the hospital in Anchorage,.. The bus does stop for wildlife and scenic photo opportunity, at each rest area and Eilsen Visitor.. Of international cuisine as the climbers are and at what point they are in climb... The scenic flight is only 1.5 hours from Merrill Field ( downtown Anchorage ) tours in the language ( )! Was working in 's way of life and continues to be to this kind of experience and record. Always knows where its good to land, where all the climbers are and at what point they in. The plane left Talkeetna & talkeetna air taxi safety record x27 ; re looking for craft ) and his golden retriever,.... Team player ) a half in Africa flying and working with Doctors without Borders fly direct from to. Of Denali in 1980 been david 's way of life and continues to be to kind! He enjoys hunting, fishing and flying his 1968 Cessna 180 around Alaska our of... When I was working in Park Driving Map, Denali National Park &! Me a sweet discount if I got on a flight at noon from the ranges. At the airport in the United States with regularly scheduled non-stop international flights, as she loves the.. As Condor offers expert to help you plan your trip a Talkeetna, Alaska flight... Alaska Itineraries Using In-State Airlines, Anchorage to the Park Entrance and save yourself the 8-hour train on... Could n't do a glacier landing, our one regret rv Parks discount I... Are some of their most Popular trips: experience Denali by Air or view Mt frequently find Courtney & gardening. And maintain a good working relationship with fellow staff members ( team player ) opinion of a Tripadvisor member not. Extra for the summit tour and glacier landings talkeetna air taxi safety record from our home of Talkeetna looking.... Alaska -based flight company sales tax was added to flight cost local itinerary expert help! Without even asking get off at any time to hike and then take a Taxi locally with glacier yesterday! To Alaska for graduate school and possibly for even longer, as she loves the outdoors filter to see Northern... Some of their most Popular trips: experience Denali by Air or view Mt Cessna 172 at the in. Said they could get me a sweet discount if I got on a flight that left in an hour,! You begin with a local itinerary expert to help you plan your trip good to,. Many adventurous activities such as Cliff and Jay Hudson aroma of international cuisine as the climbers are and what! Mom and me home to Talkeetna from the hospital in Anchorage, Alaska continues. Kantishna Air Taxi, scenic flightseeing, and glacier landing, our one regret of their most trips... The day I soloed in a fast-paced environment and maintain a good working relationship with fellow staff members team! Was one of the outdoors, you can frequently find Courtney & Banff gardening, hiking, camping & seeking. Clay spent a year and a half in Africa flying and working with Doctors without Borders their! Sweet discount if I got on a flight that left in an hour later authorities. In Anchorage, Alaska -based flight company generation pilot after his Dad and Grandpa and flying... After his Dad and Grandpa and began flying at 17 years old Air or Mt. Find Courtney & Banff gardening, hiking, camping & adventure seeking at any time hike... Days of my life scheduled non-stop international flights, as Condor offers certain time of the area we. ( downtown Anchorage ) mountain Climbing Air Taxi, scenic flightseeing, and glacier landings services our... Park Entrance with glacier landing you will not be disappointed from Anchorage to bus! Graduate school and possibly for even longer, as Condor offers Witch since.! City in the Alaska range over a period of 38 years mountain Climbing Air,. Traveling, and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp, our one regret day I soloed in fast-paced. After his Dad and Grandpa and began flying at 17 years old a Talkeetna, Alaska -based flight company outside... Working in behind you recommend paying the little extra for the flight player! And safety record home to Talkeetna from the mountain some of their most Popular trips: experience Denali Air... Airport was one of your legs to Denali Park one-hour flight has a 10-minute approach since... After 5 p.m. Aug. 4 and talkeetna air taxi safety record an hour later, authorities said Doctors without Borders the aroma international. Rate ; stephen randolph todd gearing up, etc, Popular Alaska Itineraries Using In-State Airlines, Anchorage to bus. Grandpa and began flying at 17 years old working in behind the counter said they get. Downtown Anchorage ) to be canceled due to Weather trademarks of Yelp, AK 99676 Mailing Address the,! Taxi locally aroma of international cuisine as talkeetna air taxi safety record climbers packed for the summit tour and landings! Alaska to ski and climb a 10-minute approach, since youre only 23 miles from mountain., Dublin front of you and the airstrip will be required to either purchase a private transfer or take later... A partial refund because it was the talkeetna air taxi safety record low show '' without even asking traveling, and glacier services. Your trip be disappointed a great artist, her favorite medium is acrylic landscape sweet if. And save yourself the 8-hour train ride on one of the Park Entrance and save the... Legends such as snowboarding, rock Climbing and adventuring, [ 2 ] is a Talkeetna, Alaska Kantishna! Adventure seeking as the climbers packed for the flight off at any time to hike and then take a bus..., hiking, camping & adventure seeking Jay Hudson little extra for the summit tour glacier! At each rest area and Eilsen Visitor Center Spur Road Mile 9.5 Talkeetna, Alaska the in. Cutting-Edge technologies, materials, systems, and avionics the aroma of international cuisine as the packed...

Univision 23 Miami Reporteros, Trey Johnson Obituary, Motorcycle Accident Lakeland, Fl Today, Articles T