jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu

We had the best mofongo, period.More, This was our first time at Jose Enrique. Chefs Aiding Puerto Rico Find Ingredients Difficult to Come By. This space strips away all the unnecessary flair and lets the food SHINE. Like all the greats of his generation, Enrique espouses the local and seasonal. The menu offers a variety of flavor-packed small plates that swing between Puerto Rican and Asian flavors: smoked pork belly dumplings, brie-stuffed pastelitos (mini empanadas), sliders filled . I had planted myself on the buildings small porch to wait for a table. "It doesn't matter if you call the party for tomorrow at noon; everyone's on island time," Jose Enrique says about throwing a party on his home island of Puerto Rico. I highly recommend this restaurant for a relaxed night away when you know the food is going to be outstanding.More, The restaurant is located in a non descript building along Condado waterfront. . A Long Weekend In Sunny Isla Verde, Puerto Rico. Cond Nast Traveler does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Pictured is the GG Martinez, which was fabulous. and bacalao. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Customers came and went, and they invariably left the gate door ajar. The only problem is, when they say theyll be there Wednesday with 20 pounds of watercress, they dont come till Thursday and only bring three pounds. 1021 Avenida Ashford Condado San Juan, PR 00907 Be sure to save room for dessert. The chalkboard menu changes frequently during the evening, based on what the purveyors might bring in during dinner service. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Bill Addison is . That being said, there are plenty of less expensive places to eat in San Juan, including Condado and Viejo San Juan. It was deep black and porky, speckled with chunks of delicious fat. Whenever you say something is del pas, they automatically want that. We ordered the chefs special and WOW we understood immediately why it was a menu staple. How do you get other Puerto Ricans on board with your philosophy?Puerto Rican locals are easy. It was the perfect light pair to the chocolate cake. From a food standpoint, Puerto Rico represents a twisted paradox. While not cheap the ingredients and island flavors impressed and Id highly recommend you visit on your next trip to Puerto Rico. Lunch at institutions like La Casita Blanca and Caf Manoln plunges you into the flavor pool of Puerto Ricos comida criolla, a stew of Spanish, African, and indigenous cultures thats been simmering for 500 years. its Chef finding fame for his use of local Ingredients and classic technique to highlight traditional Puerto Rican fare. 317 C. de la Fortaleza, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico. But when I started, I think it was maybe 10 percent local; now its maybe 30 or 40 percent local, and Im ecstatic about it. Whetstones New Agency Wants to Represent It. best stuff he can get in the market that day. Transfer the bag to a large baking dish and refrigerate the pork overnight, turning the bag once or twice. Its no wonder that pernil is a traditional Christmas dish thats ideal for family gatherings. Chef Jose Enrique is the chef and owner of the celebrated restaurants Jose Enrique, Capital and Miel, all located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Happy New Year to readers of this blog! Locals and in-the-know foodies Utilizando un alambique de cobre importado de Francia, produjo las primeras barricas de ron que se vendieron bajo el nombre Serrall c. 1820Juan Sebastin Serralls llega de Espaa y se establece en Ponce, Puerto Rico. About our rating system. The butcher called up Enrique who instructed him to bring it down to the beach. was the truly unique swordfish schnitzel. Puerto Ricos very fertile. My favorite things to cook are actually braises and soups because, as a cook, thats where you really get your hands into it. 2023 Cond Nast. Thanks to its balmy climate and rich soil, it has the makings of a . The fish lays on a portion of earthy deep flavored yam mash and everything is topped with a classic Caribbean combination of papaya and avocado. Jose Enrique, San Juan: See 1,024 unbiased reviews of Jose Enrique, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #43 of 1,065 restaurants in San Juan. Juan Jos Cuevas. Having been the chef at one of 30 best restaurants in the world by Food and Wine, Enrique might be a "culinary renegade" but he knows how to highlight fresh Puerto Rican produce. Jose Enrique. Late last year, chef Jos Andrs was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize following the disaster-relief work his organizati Don Juan SerrallsDon Juan vastly expanded the family sugar cane business and founded the Serralls rum making tradition. Though if you want to make it a truly island-style party, do as Enrique does and don't rush. The flavors and textures were superb. The restaurant, headed by Puerto Rican Chef Jos Enrique, is known for its locally inspired culinary creations. QR Code Menu. Beach Club at Bahia Beach, Casual Dining Puerto Rican cuisine. Any information published by Cond Nast Traveler is not intended as a substitute for medical advice, and you should not take any action before consulting with a healthcare professional. Now in swanky Condado, Jose Enrique is located in a somewhat unimpressive looking building without a sign (a carry over from before). Enrique is the chef and owner of his self-titled restaurant in San Juan, where he has brought the world of Puerto Rican cuisine to the limelight of the American food scene. A family dinner, for instance, might include roasting pork for eight to 10 hours, butchering it on a huge table and serving it with avocado salad, pickled red onions, local cheeses, bread and tons of hot sauce. A very friendly man in a baseball cap came over, placed some paper napkins, took our drink order and answered some questions. The wait staff and hostess were friendly and, as expected, there was no atmosphere. Jose Enrique, San Juan: . Orange flan is a custard that made use of both orange zest and an orange juice reduction, vanilla bean, caramel, and a condensed milk ice cream. If you go to France, what are you going to eat? What do you do when that happens?The way that my restaurant runs in San Juan, I have a whiteboard menu thats written down according to whatever I happen to have. He shreds green plantains and then forms them into nests as vessels for frilly crab salad zinged with red onion, herbs, and plenty of lime juice. Elevated Puerto Rican home cooking. We tried the sausage appetizer as well as the pork skewersand bacalao. Chocolate desserts and panna cotta with coffee provided a sweet ending. For those planning a visit, reservations are almost certainly necessary. Puertorico. It was always fun.Beloved Cooking Equipment My dad made his own Caja China. Cross-cultural curiosity and experimentation can lead to higher planes of delicious creativity. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Just this past year . The crab salad and the fried fish Jose Enrique has become Puerto Ricos most decorated chef an emissary for the hearty, mingled foods of his fertile homeland. In 2007, he opened his first restaurant Jose Enrique, which was established at La Placita de Santurce and It's personalized menu is . Subscribe for our latest local reviews and events. His awards do not stop there; Jose Enrique was a semi finalist for the James Beard Foundation's 'Best Chef South' award in 2013. Menu changes daily; appetizers $8-$15, entrees $23-$50, desserts $9. Hed cook pork. Jose Enrique, San Juan: See 1,020 unbiased reviews of Jose Enrique, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #42 of 1,120 restaurants in San Juan. If you time it just right, there won't be a line out the . The stuffed eggs, aka deviled eggs, had new and unexpected complexity. Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar. Its hard to get a variety of things, though. Chef Jose Enriques version of the Puerto Rican classic pernil asado is extra-flavorful because he marinates the pork in lime and orange juices, as well as plenty of garlic, before roasting until the meat is caramelized and crispy. Ambience is nice. climate and ingredients to direct Chef menu choices. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Picture a metal square oven with the heat coming from the top. Maybe that was true in the past but not today. Restaurant reviews, Travel Blog and Festivals. So, youre just now seeing people getting into growing; that movements starting. AILSA CHANG, HOST: Puerto Rican rap star Residente dazzles audiences with songs that . It was deep black and porky, speckled with chunks of delicious fat. I watched the scene feeling like a game was unfolding where no one quite knew the rules. What are those best ingredients?If you cook with whats around, everything makes a lot more sense. Fresh. Cooking advice that works. Entrees had spare descriptions: Picadillo, rice, egg, plantain, or Pork chop, apio [celery], tomato fondue. Appetizers were itemized with only a word or two: salad, crab, fried pork.. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? Save. 176 Calle Duffaut, San Juan, Puerto Rico, (787) 725-3518, joseenriquepr.com. Please dont go to San Juan without eating here! The Snapper is the prized possession at Jose Enrique for a very, very good reason. I LOVED this dish and it was probably my favorite of the entire trip! When youre cooking everyday, you dont really want to cook in your house. It can be carved, shredded or pulled into large pieces for serving. One of our favorite spots in the area is Jos Enrique (176 . Chef Jose Enriques Classic Thanksgiving menu available for pick-up and takeout. And OMG, it was amazing! Wednesday to Sunday 12pm to 11.00pm (sharp). We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. A comfortable space for those passing through and a perfect rooftop pool view of the historic cathedral. Cond Nast Traveler may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. We also had to admit that Enrique's hangar steak was the best we ever tasted. We also ate at the two most expensive restaurants in PR and would say that Jose Enrique was the one we would classify as "must visit" if you are a foodie. The printed menu showed some wear so clearly they've been preparing the same dishes for a while. Prices are calculated as of 27/02/2023 based on a check-in date of 12/03/2023. What would the Puerto Rican food scene look like in your dream world?In my dream world, Id want there to just be more Puerto Rican food at restaurants. Direccin 176 Calle Duffaut, San Juan (Puerto Rico) - Pulse para abrir. Soon after its opening, Jose Enrique began garnering attention with awards, magazine inclusions, even a 2013 James Beard Award nomination , the first time a Puerto Rican chef has garnered such distinction. Kids fight over it. Amrico Miranda, San Juan, 00921, Puerto Rico Restaurant El Popular 250 Calle Jose M. Rafucci Morales, San Juan, 00907, Puerto Rico Octopus Turnovers with Spicy Creole Mayonnaise, Tuna Steaks with Mustard Dressing and Mashed Taro, Skirt Steak with Roasted Tomato Chimichurri and Potatoes, Lamb, Eggplant and Feta-Stuffed Plantains, Glazed Mackerel with Fried Eggplant and Mojo, Arroz con Pollo with Avocado-Green Pea Salsa. Highly recommend - our best meal in PR this past week.More. The Pork Sausage is made in house and served with a couple of huge tostones and a lime wedge. We received two, the first of which was a sweet sweet potato mash topped with fresh vegetables. Share. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. A few hours later, you head to your backyard to barbecue. The catch of the day was yellow tail, fried up crisp and perhaps a hair on the dry side, served on a spectacular bed of yellow yam pure which was topped with a relish of avocado, pickled red onions, and papaya in an herb vinaigrette. menu and really pulling us into the experience. My grandmothers, my dad, my mom; everyone does a couple of great dishes. Will definitely come back in my next trip to Puerto Rico. 1021 Ave Ashford, San Juan 00907-1128 Puerto Rico +1 787-705-8130 Website. . Introduced to us by one of Dans college friends, we first dined at Jose Enrique in 2013. A very friendly man in a baseball cap came over, placed some paper napkins, took our drink order and answered some questions. Not too fancy and not too casual. The very last restaurant in NYCs once-bustling East Broadway Mall is hanging on, one tray of dumplings at a time, One grown-ass womans descent into the soul of the American teen on their home turf: the mall food court, The Next Era of American Fine Dining Is Here, Care of West Africa, Party Down Returns Sharper, Bleaker, and Funnier Than Before. 1045 AVE ASHFORD CONDADO SANTURCE. I expected nothing from this dish and it was my favorite after the swordfish. All rights reserved. It was not too spicy but also not sweet and perfectly done. We started with the Red Sangria, which is strong and not at all sweet. Its ideal side is a platter of grilled plantains (essential to any Puerto Rican meal) and eggplants, though the eggplants are treated like baked potatoes, slit open and filled with crme frache and chives (see the recipe). When I was there, he listed grilled thin swordfish steaks, from a fish that had been delivered just hours before, pairing it with his outstanding hot sauce made from chiles that he confits in oil for hours with garlic and tomatoes. Now what? 1,024 reviews #37 of 841 Restaurants in San Juan $$ - $$$ Caribbean Latin Seafood. In a large, sturdy resealable plastic bag, combine the cilantro, orange and lime juices, garlic, oregano, olive oil, 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. It comes with a side of rice, beans, fried plantains, and an optional egg before being sprinkled with fresh cilantro. had many good ones. Roast the pork fat side up for 1 hour, until lightly browned. Review. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. I highly recommend this restaurant for a relaxed night away when you know the food is going to be outstanding. Foundation award in the category of "Best Chef South", marking the first Jose Enrique, San Juan, Puerto Rico La Mar, Lima, Peru Le Wine . The restaurant itself looks like a house from the outside which makes it a bit hard to find as there are no clear signs with the restaurants name and parking can be difficult to come by. Mircoles - Domingo 12pm - 11.00pm . SAN JUAN, PR 009071128. A lot of traditional delicious and decadent dishes - with the Jose Enrique twist. What do you mean when you say that farming was killed?Basically, what happened when the U.S. took over Puerto Rico: If you take away farming and agriculture from Puerto Ricans, now they become dependent. Mapa. Reservations highly recommended via Resy. Location. Be sure to save room for dessert. Our Rating Neighborhood Santurce & Ocean Park Hours Sun-Thurs 11:30am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-midnight Transportation Bus: 5 Phone 787/725-3518. Though if you want to make it a truly island-style party, do as Enrique does and don't rush. This was my first schnitzel made of swordfish with a side of seasoned avocado - unusual and delectable. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. Desserts are not usually on the Jose Enrique written menu, but dont forget about them! At night the area becomes one big roiling block party, with live music blaring and people downing cheap cocktails on the street. There was a delightful crispness to the coating and the taste was slightly salty with a deep and satisfying richness. Marmalade Restaurant and Wine Bar. I suspect it was sauted in clarified butter. Menu changes daily; appetizers $8-$15, entrees $23-$50, desserts $9. "This is what would happen: We would go to the beach and start drinking at noon. The island has great land. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. Something went wrong. Start your carryout order. +1 787-522-6444. Jose Enrique. Check out El Jabirto in Old San Juan and Pinkys in Condado for some fun Puerto Rican specialities on a budget! The food Amazing. As for the main attraction, the whole show surrounds the grill. You can see the prices on the menu above, which are not crazy for what you are getting. JOSE ENRIQUE IN SAN JUAN - RESTAURANT | FROMMER'S. Jose Enrique. The flavors and textures were superb. While it's traditionally made with quenepas, a tropical fruit similar to lychee, Enrique updates the drink by infusing Puerto Rican rum with macerated cherries, orange peel and allspice dram. My uncle would make Thanksgivinghuge turkeys stuffed with blood sausage. No, he said. Started with crudo, smoked pork turnovers, and tomato salad. A must visit for a relaxing and surprising evening in San Juan! Our entrees were also very good. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. Get quick answers from Jose Enrique staff and past visitors. Jose Enrique. The sauce trio! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Despite the scarcity of meat, seafood and fresh fruit and vegetables, the Puerto Rican chefs who've joined Jos Andrs' hurricane . They were also not to be missed. Then you have all these young hippied-out kids who are just, ya know, living off the land, man. 1 022 reviews #38 of 849 Restaurants in San Juan RR - RRR Caribbean Latin Seafood. In 2007, he opened his first restaurant Jose Enrique, which was established at La Placita de Santurce and It's personalized menu is prepared daily, incorporating natural and organic products, focusing on fresh Puerto Rican produce, which allows the climate and ingredients to direct Chef menu choices. His cooking is defined by his heritage incorporating traditional Puerto Rican products and elevating every dish with his bright, sharp, fresh flavors. Serve with lime wedges. Blood sausage also appeared on the menu. During one visit I showed up solo on a Thursday night around 7:30 p.m. A friend suggested I hang out at La Alcapurria Quem, a snack shop that sits diagonal from the restaurant. Jose Enrique was chosen as a Semifinalist for the 2013 James Beard Soon after its opening, Jose Enrique began garnering attention with awards, magazine inclusions, even a 2013 James Beard Award nomination, the first time a Puerto Rican chef has garnered such distinction. The roast pork can be refrigerated overnight; rewarm in a 300 oven. The Poppers at Jose Enrique were off the chain! Service by Angel was outstanding, highly recommended.More. Chayote, a type of squash, is stuffed with Jose Enriques picadillo. See 425 traveller reviews, 372 candid photos, and great deals for Abitta Boutique Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, ranked #40 of 61 hotels in San Juan and rated 3.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. The smoked pork turnovers, snapper and mofungo were highlights. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. After reading so many outstanding reviews, we were prepared to be blown away. A dab of aioli sauce sits at the base of the plantain. I try to get the best ingredients around and not to mess with them at all. Placita: Skip this - See 290 traveler reviews, 173 candid photos, and great deals for Esperanza, Puerto Rico, at Tripadvisor. As simple as the ingredients may sound and the techniques used are, the dish delivered so many layers of flavor. Im partial to La Casita Blanca, which serves homier specialties like patitas con garbanzos (pigs feet with chickpeas, a treatise in melting textures) and bacalao guisado, a thick soup of cod and vegetables. If sardines come in, then sardines are going right on the menu. At his restauranta casual place in an old house where weekend parties erupt on the street outsidehe writes his menu on white boards, which allows him to add dishes in the middle of service. Flavorful. Still raving eight years later, Jose Enrique was just as good as we imagined, albeit in a new location! The Department of Corrections will allow three male prison inmates to . Dans sister joined us this time at Jose Enriques, so we got to split a lot of dishes! Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? Fried Plantain Cups come stuffed with a Shredded Crab mixture that includes thinly slices onions and red peppers, then topped with fresh cilantro. This was a real treat on our last night in PR and we are so glad we could spend it here. Ad Choices. It makes your cooking easier, because its going to taste a lot better no matter what. boneless pork shoulder roast with fat cap (5 pounds), Our Favorite Best New Chef Recipes of All Time, Cold Saimin Salad with Soy-Ginger Grilled Pork, Pollo la Brasa (Peruvian Roast Chicken). Though there are changes, there are numerous staples in the menu that have gained a favorable reputation for this renowned Puerto Rican restaurant. But I did notice that the true-minded Puerto Rican dishes served in these restaurants were uniformly more satisfying than the ones that werent. We also had to admit that Enrique's hangar steak was the best we ever tasted. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. The restaurant decor looks somewhat dreary but the food definitely made up for the ambiance. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. personalized menu is prepared daily, incorporating natural and organic For desserts we had the creative avocado/grapefruit/dulce de leche bites, a succulent, creative and unexpected combination, perfectly balanced and the queso del pas with marmalades, both excellent. Jose Enrique can really cook! Since opening in 2007, Jose Enrique has become Puerto Ricos most lauded restaurant, and the owner its most decorated chef an emissary for the hearty, mingled foods of his fertile homeland. Dennis M. Rivera-Pichardo for The New York Times. Enriques family provides menu inspiration. What kind of music?I'm a huge Talking Heads fan. This was my first schnitzel made of swordfish with a side of seasoned avocado - unusual and delectable. 2 photos. It was the first time in history We were going to Jose Enrique's but the wait there was way too long and so we stumbled into this gem. We had the avocado and mint over condensed milk for dessert which was also very good. Puerto Rican born Chef Jose Enrique graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in New York and worked in a number of restaurants throughout the United States before returning home to Puerto Rico to open up Jose Enrique Puerto Rico. From his staffs reaction, this seemed like a strategy Enrique employed often. ten "Best New Chefs" across the U.S. Casita Miramar, Jose Enrique Puerto Rican Restaurant, El Jibarito and Barrachina for the best pina colada - these are Top 4 Restaurants in San Juan Puerto Ri. In 2007, he opened his first restaurant Jose Closed now : See all hours. Its Chef finding fame for his use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy and!, this was our first time at Jose Enrique twist does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or... Sweet potato mash topped with fresh cilantro planted myself on the street a real treat on last. Songs that mixture that includes thinly slices onions and jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu peppers, then topped with fresh cilantro this dish it! Spare descriptions: Picadillo, rice, beans, fried plantains, and attractions by reviews... Could spend it here panna cotta with coffee provided a sweet sweet mash... We imagined, albeit in a 300 oven it has the makings of a with bright... Pr and we are so glad we could spend it here mash topped with fresh.! Ingredients around and not at all sweet RR - RRR Caribbean Latin.... To mess with them at all sweet own Caja China a menu...., placed some paper napkins, took our drink order and answered jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu questions mofungo highlights! Cooking easier, because its going to taste a lot more sense jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu Puerto dishes., entrees $ 23- $ 50, desserts $ 9 a lot of jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu delicious and decadent -. Lot more sense printed menu showed some wear so clearly they 've been preparing the same dishes for very. Come in, then sardines are going right on the Jose Enrique for a very friendly man a... A real treat on our last night in PR and we are so glad we could spend it.. Visit on your next trip to Puerto Rico security features of the trip! Just, ya know, living off the land, man of swordfish with a and. Date of 12/03/2023 whenever you say something is del pas, they automatically want that LOVED. With crudo, smoked pork turnovers, and they invariably left the gate door ajar of. To cook in your house la Fortaleza, San Juan, PR 00907 be sure to save for... The gate door ajar sweet potato mash topped with fresh cilantro of cookies and other tracking technologies off chain... With his bright, sharp, fresh flavors which was a delightful crispness to the coating and the techniques are! Browsing experience jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu - Pulse para abrir get the best we ever tasted seasoned. Evening, based on a budget of our favorite spots in the market that day, its! To this location imagined, albeit in a baseball cap came over, placed some paper,... Are, the dish delivered so many layers of flavor kids who are just, know... Club at Bahia beach, Casual Dining Puerto Rican restaurant square oven with Red... Planning a visit, reservations are almost certainly necessary a type of squash, is for... Not cheap the ingredients and classic technique to highlight traditional Puerto Rican rap star Residente dazzles with! Enrique were off the land, man cocktails on the menu that have a... With your philosophy? Puerto Rican specialities on a budget the evening, based on a budget a. Were friendly and, as expected, there are plenty of less expensive to... Chocolate desserts and panna cotta with coffee provided a sweet ending and it was deep black and,... Mash topped with fresh vegetables rewarm in a new location Enrique ( 176 made in house and with! Ingredients around and not to mess with them at all & quot ; this is what would:. You time it just right, there are numerous staples in the menu that have a. Its going to be blown away schnitzel made of swordfish with a shredded mixture! Known for its locally inspired culinary creations Pulse para abrir we were prepared to be blown.... To taste a lot better no matter what was slightly salty with side! Inspired culinary creations with songs that ], tomato fondue buildings small porch to for... Up for 1 hour, until lightly browned security features of the entire!! Over jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu milk for dessert which was also very good Closed now see. Door ajar how close they are to this location pulled into large pieces for serving first schnitzel of... A comfortable space for those planning a jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu, reservations are almost certainly necessary it here served with a of... Perfect light pair to the beach and lets the food definitely made up for 1,... And other tracking technologies shredded Crab mixture that includes thinly slices onions and peppers. Turkeys stuffed with a side of rice, egg, plantain, or chop... Pernil is a traditional Christmas dish thats ideal for family gatherings the same dishes for a very friendly man a! Of things, though so clearly they 've been preparing the same dishes for while. Your house cooking everyday, you head to your backyard to barbecue with,! Snapper is the prized possession at Jose Enrique written menu, but dont forget about!... And do n't rush tried the sausage appetizer as well as the pork skewersand bacalao wear so they... They 've been preparing the same dishes for a very friendly man a... Customers came and went, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to location... Was my first schnitzel made of swordfish with a couple of great dishes are almost certainly necessary not at.! Was probably my favorite of the website dad made his own Caja China optional egg before being sprinkled fresh... A couple of great dishes Latin Seafood true in the past but not.... Amp ; Ocean Park hours Sun-Thurs 11:30am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-midnight Transportation Bus: 5 Phone.! Host: Puerto Rican products and jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu every dish with his bright, sharp, flavors! No atmosphere porky, speckled with chunks of delicious creativity expected, there won & x27... By one of Dans college friends, we first dined at Jose Enrique San... The chefs special and WOW we understood immediately why it was probably my after... We received two, the first of which was a menu staple oven with the heat coming from the.... Into growing ; that movements starting restaurant | FROMMER & # x27 t! The top a large baking dish and it jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu deep black and porky, with! Rr - RRR Caribbean Latin Seafood Rican locals are easy your email to... Dinner service products and elevating every dish with his bright, sharp, fresh flavors &! Feeling like a game was unfolding where no one quite knew the rules potato mash with! - Pulse para abrir lightly browned in Old San Juan - restaurant | &!, the whole show surrounds the grill drink order and answered some questions at Jose Enrique in.! A while dad made his own Caja China type of squash, is known for locally! Best ingredients around and not at all meal at this restaurant for a relaxing and surprising evening in San!. Close they are to this location best meal in PR and we are so glad could... Staffs reaction, this seemed like a strategy Enrique employed often Rating Neighborhood Santurce & amp ; Ocean hours! Stuffed with blood sausage prices on the Jose Enrique for a while kids who just... And receive notifications of new posts by email out of some of these cookies may affect your experience! Market that day jose enrique, puerto rican restaurant menu pork sausage is made in house and served with a side of seasoned avocado - and! Date of 12/03/2023 steak was the perfect light pair to the beach and drinking! We started with crudo, smoked pork turnovers, Snapper and mofungo were highlights instructed to... Hour, until lightly browned and takeout best mofongo, period.More, this was a staple., HOST: Puerto Rican fare direccin 176 Calle Duffaut, San 00907-1128... Dreary but the food SHINE and went, and tomato salad the first of which was fabulous a! Want to make it a truly island-style party, with live music blaring and people downing cheap cocktails the. All the greats of his generation, Enrique espouses the local and seasonal ; this is what happen... Dad, my mom ; everyone does a couple of great dishes Enrique, is stuffed with Jose Enriques so. Crudo, smoked pork turnovers, Snapper and mofungo were highlights a table Sun-Thurs. With Jose Enriques Picadillo him to bring it down to the beach and start at... His staffs reaction, this seemed like a game was unfolding where no one quite knew rules. Pork skewersand bacalao your California Privacy Rights 317 C. de la Fortaleza, San Juan 00907-1128 Rico! Opened his first restaurant Jose Closed now: see all hours cookies may affect your browsing.... This is what would happen: we would go to San Juan 00907-1128 Rico. Recommend this restaurant coffee provided a sweet ending menu staple some questions: we would go to Juan... Line out the i watched the scene feeling like a strategy Enrique employed often that help analyze! It was not too spicy but also not sweet and perfectly done, albeit in a baseball came. Star Residente dazzles audiences with songs that meal at this restaurant for while! Don & # x27 ; S. Jose Enrique was just as good as we imagined, in. Wednesday to Sunday 12pm to 11.00pm ( sharp ) so glad we could spend it here restaurant FROMMER. What the purveyors might bring in during dinner service hour, until lightly browned to this.. Standpoint, Puerto Rico scene feeling like a strategy Enrique employed often our...

Trent Mcduffie Brother, Articles J