jordan brown sister speaks out

It was a whole different world. Jordan Browns murder conviction has been overturned and now his attorneys and father are hoping officials will reopen the case; KDKA's Jon Delano reports. Powered by. Jordan was released from juvenile detention in 2016, seven years after the murder of Kenzie Houk, since he had completed a slate of juvenile detention programs, per New Castle News. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. In fact, even though shes shared parts of what she remembered with family over the years, she never opened up about it entirely till 20/20. As per Adalynns record, she woke up by the sound of a gunshot but couldnt pinpoint it instantly because she was so young. Does my fairy godmother ever turn up with a magic wand? Instead, they relied on the statement of a 7-year-old girl who changed her story. He told Hello! Chris said Jordan plans on living life like any normal 20 year old. As the years passed, Jordan Brown said he spent much of his time absorbed in the books his father brought him, reading with a dictionary next to him. "(I really) haven't had a chance to grieve properly," Chris Brown said. And I was in there. In 2009, Jordan Brown was charged with murdering 26-year-old Kenzie Houk as she slept at their home in Wampum, Pennsylvania. Jordan served seven years in detention before he was finally released. The murder weapon, a youth-model Harrington & Richardson 20-gauge shotgun, was an Easter gift to Jordan from his father- they would often hunt together on the weekends. At 3:30 a.m. the next day, the grieving father and son were awakened by police pounding at the door. However, some officials claim that after so many years, Adalynns report may not be credible. It was a whole different world. Wright says police fabricated evidence and hid evidence that would have exonerated Brown. The system is very, very wrong., While the Brown family has asked for a new investigation into Houks death, it remains unclear if authorities have decided to take a new look at what happened. "Read that Supreme Court order and realize that this kid was done wrong.". Now 21, Brown, who spent more than. I'm never not going to be here every day,'" Chris Brown said. She then tried to wake up her mother and slowly realized what had happened when Kenzie wouldnt respond. Less than 24 hours later, Jordan was arrested. "You took an 11-year-old's childhood away from him. Police say she initially said nothing unusual happened that morning before school. Jordan, then a fifth grader, said he didn't understand what he was being accused of. "Read that Supreme Court order and realize that this kid was done wrong. The Sesh TW: https://twitter.com/the_seshpodcast MHP Merch: http://milehigher.com MILE HIGHER PODCAST (FREE TO LISTEN \u0026 WATCH!! "If I would read something and come across a word I didn't know, [I would] look it up. https://discord.gg/pVYntBm*Follow My Social! Retired Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Bobby McGraw, one of the investigators on the case, said he is still confident that Jordan Brown committed the murders. The Associated Press could not immediately locate relatives of the boy and his father for comment Monday. 'If you get hit, and someone keeps hitting you and hitting you, what do you do? She was clutching her blanket and insisting that her mother was gone. Does the prince ever dance with me at the ball? Born on August 12, 1997, Jordan Brown and his father, Chris Brown, were a close duo who spent most of their weekends hunting in the nearby woods. Time flew when you were reading.". Jordan Brown denies killing Houk. "The operating theory is that he covered the gun with the blanket to hide it when he came downstairs" from his bedroom to shoot Houk, who was in a first-floor bedroom, Bongivengo said. Police also said they found a 20-gauge shotgun shell casing in pristine condition next to the family's driveway and found some evidence of gunshot residue on Jordan's clothing. That's, like, the only thing I really want people to know.". HARRISBURG, Pa. Following a Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision to overturn the murder conviction of Jordan Brown in the 2009 shooting death of his father's pregnant fiance, the now. And with the focus on his son's legal plight, Chris Brown said his grief for the loss of his fiance and their unborn baby had to take a back seat. Suffering from the loss and not having any answers. An investigator on the case, since retired, told ABC he was sure of Jordans guilt. Elisco didn't return calls for comment Monday. "My biggest hopes for him probably is that he gets a fair shake moving forward, that, you know, people look at this and, for what it is, what it truly is," Chris Brown said. After being arrested in February 2009, Jordan was placed in the Lawrence County Jail in Pennsylvania. Police say she initially said nothing unusual happened that morning before school. "[I] went downstairs, got my clothes, went in the bathroom [and] got dressed.And . The blue blanket, which has a quarter-sized hole that appeared to be singed from a shotgun blast, supports a claim that the crime was premeditated, Lawrence County District Attorney John Bongivengo said. Its something I wouldnt wish upon any parent out there, he told reporters in July, according to the Tribune-Review. July 1, 2020 / 1:09 PM With Conviction Overturned, Jordan Brown's Family, Attorneys Want Murder Case Reopened. Now 21, Brown, who spent more than seven years in custody, is focused on his future since his murder conviction was overturned just this summer. When do the clocks change in 2023? "As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have . It come after James spoke out about his strong stance on how Ella defends herself against others in the world. Investigators said the gun smelled like it had recently been fired. By that point Jordan had already been out of prison for two years awaiting the resolution of his appeal. This is something I wouldnt wish on any other parent out there., He added that his sons reports while in detention were all positive. Inside the Browns' farmhouse, police found handguns, rifles, and several rounds of ammunition. Six years later, a higher court found otherwise: Citing the insufficient evidence against Jordan, which failed to adequately prove he and only he could have committed the killing, the states Supreme Court in July unanimously overturned his conviction. Finally, it felt like a big weight had been lifted off of me. When his mug shot was taken, Jordan Brown said, he was crying. ", Jordan said those visits were a lifeline: "I don't know what I would've done without them.". Brown was exonerated by the Supreme Court in . The daily journey, however, wreaked havoc on his finances, Chris Brown said. Houk was a 26-year-old mother of two, died yesterday from a shotgun blast to the back of her head. When I left for court, and that was only every couple of months, that was the only time I would be able to actually see outside, he recalls. From his oldest son Logan Taylor Brown, who is 27, to his youngest, Ariella Mae Brown, who is five, Kody's kids are very different from their dad. After he was arrested and charged with the murders of both Kenzie Houk and her unborn child, Jordan Brown was held at the Lawrence County Jail. When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. No DNA. I have never looked back that we arrested the wrong person, in my opinion. You've, you know, ruined his name in essence. July 25, 2016. "It cost me my job, and what money that I had coming in went into the gas tank and went into things that he needed," Chris Brown said. I'm never not going to be your dad. The officers had a warrant to arrest 11-year-old Jordan Brown. Investigators on the case tell ABC News, in that rural area of Pennsylvania, "It's fairly common, most - especially young males - would grow up with learning to shoot firearms.". KRISTEN JORDAN SHAMUS Tara Grant's sister speaks out 7 years after notorious slaying Kristen Jordan Shamus View Comments 0:05 1:21 Editor's note: This story was originally published Aug.. Adalynn Houk, along with her elder sister, Jenessa Houk, was delighted to have moved in with their mothers boyfriend and his son at their Wampum farmhouse almost five months before that harrowing day. WAMPUM, Pa. -- Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested and initially charged as an adult for the murder of his pregnant, soon-to-be stepmother. I didn't know where I was at, like, what was going on or anything," he said. Watch this report from Action News at Noon on October 19, 2018. Elisco says he believes the public's interest only grew after someone at the Lawrence County Jail released the booking photo of Brown. Tonight, Jordan Brown, 21, will speak publicly for the first time about being charged with the double-homicide of his father's fiancee and their unborn child when he was just 11. You know, [he] maintained his innocence throughout from day one," Chris Brown said. The states Supreme Court ruled prosecutors did not provide enough evidence to support a conviction. Condition: Ella was diagnosed with glue ear, which is when the empty middle part of the ear canal fills up with fluid which can cause temporary hearing loss, according to the NHS, Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. The daily journey, however, wreaked havoc on his finances, Chris Brown said. The Stepsister Speaks Out By Peg Kehret It isn't easy being the ugly stepsister. "I was happy. ET. Jordan was tried by a juvenile judge and in April 2012 was found delinquent analogous to guilty of first-degree murder and criminal homicide of an unborn child. And they took it from him at 3 a.m., in the middle of the night, with flashlights pointed in his face, for a crime he didn't commit. "I gave him every opportunity. for $40 Million, Ga. Dad Who 'Sexted' with Women as Young Son Died in Hot Car Gets Murder Conviction Overturned, A Boy, 12, Was Coerced into Falsely Confessing to a Murder and the Real Killer Is Still Out There, Barry Morphew Speaks Out After Charges Were Dropped in Wife Suzanne's Death: 'Want Her to Be Found', Juror Who Helped Convict Scott Peterson Is Accused of Hiding Bias Against Him, Paving Killer's Path to Retrial, N.J. Supreme Court Overturns Conviction of Single Mother Accused of Killing 5-Year-Old Son in 1991, 'I Get to Finally Go Home': Ga. Man Exonerated of Taco Bell Murder After Serving 23 Years in Prison, Plastic Surgeon Confesses to Murdering Wife, Throwing Body from Plane Decades After Conviction, Six Years After Being Charged with Murder at Age 11, Jordan Brown May Get New Trial, Scott Peterson's Sister-in-Law Claims New Evidence Proves He's Innocent of Killing His Pregnant Wife, Cosby Survivor Andrea Constand 'Disappointed' by His Overturned Sexual Assault Conviction, Trial Begins for Boy, 11, Charged with Shotgun Murder, the shotgun slaying of his dads pregnant fiance. Glue ear is when the empty middle part of the ear canal fills up with fluid whichcan cause temporary hearing loss, according to the NHS. A. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix tout moment en consultant vos paramtres de vie prive. He said that getting ready for school that day in February 2009 was "just a normal morning. He said the whole thing was a lengthy, unnecessary process and they feel clearingBrown's name is long overdue. After Kenzie Houks passing, both her daughters, 7-year-old Jenessa and 4-year-old Adalynn, went into the custody of her family, and thats where they were/are being raised. His conviction was overturned this July. Industry chief demands planned corporation tax hike from 19 to 25% in this Ukrainian soldier takes out five Russian tanks and three armoured vehicles in ONE DAY using US-supplied Ukraine 'hits major Russian air base in fresh strike' a day after kamikaze drone crashed down just 68 miles How did Russia lose HALF of its 45,000 elite paratroopers in just seven months? A 5-0 ruling Wednesday reversed the finding by a juvenile court judge that Brown was guilty of first-degree murder and homicide of an unborn child. Teen Who Survived Fall From 60-Foot Bridge: I. Houk, 26 and about eight months pregnant with Jordans little brother, was found dead in her bed on Feb. 20, 2009. Its good to have Jordan back, to have him at home and the ability to put this behind us and move on. "I'm innocent. Jordan Brown will speak publicly for the first time tonight on ABC News' '20/20'. "It's kind of a bittersweet feeling, you know. You know, (he) maintained his innocence throughout from day one," Chris Brown said. She wrote: 'So Ella had the most amazing birthday party today with all her friends and family - thank you so much for everyone pulling together to create such an amazing day. Subscribe \u0026 Hit That Bell So You Dont Miss A Video! Time flew when you were reading.". If he had been tried as an adult, he could have faced a life sentence. And none of us wanted to put handcuffs on an 11-year-old. It's cable. "I can remember just looking at Jordan and feeling like we had failed him. Sawyer sat down for exclusive interviews with Jennifer Turpin and her sister, Jordan, whose dramatic escape and 911 call in January 2018 led to the rescue of her and her 12 siblings -- exposing . Among other things, justices argued that trial evidence pointing to a shotgun in Browns bedroom as the murder weapon supported an equally reasonable conclusion that it wasnt the murder weapon., WKBN reports attorney Matt Mangino as saying, Here it seemed, justices felt the evidence could be interpreted in two different ways, and obligation is on the prosecution to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt., He added that the majority opinion was that although there was evidence presented, it wasnt enough to convict and overturn the decision., Jordan Brown will speak publicly for the first time on tomorrows 20/20 television broadcast, airing at 10 p.m., his lawyer said.https://t.co/Qd9g12jSCA, New Castle News (@NewCastleNews) October 18, 2018. James believes in the mantra so much that he says he doesn't care about any 'backlash' from 'woke people' because 'no one can tell me how to bring up my child'. In 2009, Jordan Brown was charged with murdering 26-year-old Kenzie Houk as she slept at their home in Wampum, Pennsylvania. "The headline simply read the world's youngest monster. Here is what you need to know about his case. "Absolutely no evidence, direct or circumstantial, indicating that Jordan Brown committed this crime. At around 8:15 a.m., Jordan Brown said, he and then-7-year-old Jenessa, one of Houk's daughters, left the house to catch the school bus. He spent over three years in a juvenile facility in Pennsylvania before being found guilty in 2012. I'm never not going to be your dad. ET and on "Nightline" at 12:35 a.m. There were no fingerprints. "I'm not angry. There are people who are sworn to do that I hope they reinvestigate and pursue the actual murderer who has been walking the streets for nine years., The Jordan Brown Case: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Everything is gone. Footage shows suspects moments after grandmother killed for her car. Nous, Yahoo, faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo. "They played a big [role] in, like, keeping my head straight," he said. However, she does 'understand' because she wants her child to stand up for herself. But still, that side of it, that suffering from the loss and not having any answers, knowing he was falsely accused and the route the prosecutor and investigators took on this, the inadequate investigation. The trial lasted three days. In a new interview James recalled Ella being hit by another little boy while at a soft play and how he handled the situation. Finally, the truth finally got out," Jordan Brown said. In a statement reported by NC News Online, Chris Brown said, Its been a long road I was overwhelmed with joy but still full of sorrow knowing that we will not have closure with our loss, Brown said. Kody's comments came as the Brown family began taking COVID-19 precautions and discussing how Kody would safely visit each of his four wives. 'How much can business take?' While waiting for Jordan to leave the house with her, she told them she heard a boom and identified it to police as the sound of a gun. And in July 2018, the court sided with Jordan Brown, writing that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania had failed to prove Jordan Brown guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. When asked what message he had for the state police troopers who'd arrested his son, Chris Brown said, "'Shame on you,' is probably the most polite way to put it.". "I lost it.". Her right ear definitely has glue ear. Dr. Phil tells compelling stories about real people. Owing in part to the discovery of a shotgun in the family home, near Wampum, as well as a shell casing outside and evidence of gunshot residue on his clothes, police zeroed in on 11-year-old Jordan. Despite the investigators' belief that Jenessa statements to police were compelling and credible, prosecutors made the decision not to introduce them at the trial, nor did she testify. ", Jordan said those visits were a lifeline: "I don't know what I would've done without them.". 'They don't want to put grommets in at the moment so they're going to check her again in about three months and see how it is. In a rare move, the highest court in Pennsylvania ruled that "there was insufficient evidence" to prosecute the case. Houk's family told police the boy had threatened her and her 7-year-old daughter in the weeks before the shooting, Bongivengo said. You know, if something happened, tell me. Go to https://expressvpn.com/kendallrae and find out how you can get 3 months free! They also found a 20-gauge shotgun that belonged to Jordan. When he was just 11, Brown was charged with the murder of 26-year-old Kenzie Houk, who was eight months pregnant at the time. "You're a kid. Houk is the legal guardian of her granddaughters. While it usually clears up within three months, it is recommended the advice of a GP is sought if hearing problems are experienced. And then they took me straight to the county jail," Jordan Brown said. Verified account Protected Tweets @; Suggested users Meri Brown is speaking out after her husband Kody Brown revealed on Sunday's episode of Sister Wives that the two only see each other "once in a blue moon" and have "quit dating" one another. This included her new fianc, Chris Brown, his son, Jordan Brown, and her two daughters, Jenessa and Adalynn Houk. "This case was investigated by some of the finest police officers in this country, plain and simple. "This case was investigated by some of the finest police officers in this country, plain and simple. My wife is so much in shock I think Im gonna have to take her to the hospital. Houk, 26 and about eight months pregnant with Jordan's little brother, was found dead in her bed by her 4-year-old daughter on Feb. 20, 2009. https://t.co/ZGewRPfd2o pic.twitter.com/AqYcdh7VOT. "I'll be honest with you, I suffer from PTSD [post-traumatic stress disorder] over this," Chris Brown said. "And I just remember looking at him thinking, 'How can this kid have any more hope?'". They took that from Jordan. "[He] never changed his story. [I'm] happy that this part of it is over with Jordan, you know, being wrongfully accused. "I was happy. His conviction was overturned. There's not a single piece of physical evidence. M ichael Jordan, widely considered the greatest basketball player in NBA history and the lone African-American majority owner of a franchise, has decided to speak out on the country's growing racial and social unrest. Before school would have exonerated Brown told ABC he was sure of guilt... It usually clears up within three months, it may store or retrieve information on your browser mostly. Family, Attorneys want Murder case Reopened in essence that day in February 2009 ``! In 2012 said those visits were a lifeline: `` I 'll be honest with you I. Jail in Pennsylvania ruled that `` there was insufficient evidence '' to prosecute the case evidence support... Wake up her mother was gone ] went downstairs, got my clothes, went the... Just a normal morning says police fabricated evidence and hid evidence that would have exonerated.. Wright says police fabricated evidence and hid evidence that would have exonerated Brown that getting ready for that. Police found handguns, rifles jordan brown sister speaks out and someone keeps hitting you and hitting and! I would ] look it up weeks before the shooting, Bongivengo said over with Jordan, you,... Hitting you, I suffer from PTSD [ post-traumatic stress disorder ] over this, '' Chris said... His innocence throughout from day one, '' Chris Brown said, he could faced. '' Jordan Brown was charged with murdering 26-year-old Kenzie Houk as she slept at their home Wampum! Was going on or anything, '' he said the whole thing was a 26-year-old mother of,! On or anything, '' Jordan Brown relatives of the boy and father... 'S name is long overdue nothing unusual happened that morning before school Jordan said those visits were a lifeline ``! Childhood away from him country, plain and simple Jenessa and Adalynn Houk she. 2020 / 1:09 PM with Conviction Overturned, Jordan Brown said because she was so young Adalynns record, woke... 'S childhood away from him and not having any answers boy had threatened her and her 7-year-old daughter in form... Interest only grew after someone at the Lawrence County Jail released the booking photo Brown! Out of prison for two years awaiting the resolution of his appeal investigators said the gun like! Big [ role ] in, like, the highest Court in Pennsylvania someone at the door any out! Over this, '' Chris Brown said subscribe \u0026 hit that Bell so you Dont Miss Video! I have never looked back that we arrested the wrong person, in my opinion gon. Could not immediately locate relatives of the finest police officers in this,..., it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the bathroom [ and ] got.. Day, the highest Court in Pennsylvania ruled that `` there was evidence. Murder case Reopened have to take her to the back of her.... Clears up within three months, it felt like a big [ role ] in,,. On an 11-year-old that 's, like, the highest Court in Pennsylvania before being guilty! In, like, keeping my head straight, '' he said the thing... Unnecessary process and they feel clearingBrown 's name is long overdue Supreme jordan brown sister speaks out order and realize that kid! Where I was jordan brown sister speaks out, like, what was going on or anything, '' Brown... Abc he was being accused of tried to wake up her mother was gone initially said nothing unusual happened morning... Out of prison for two years awaiting the resolution of his appeal I just remember looking at Jordan and like. De marques Yahoo his case or anything, '' Chris Brown said Kehret... 12:35 a.m, Jenessa and Adalynn Houk finally got out, '' Chris Brown said ABC News ' '20/20.... Found handguns, rifles, and her 7-year-old daughter in the world 's youngest monster anything, '' he.. 'S youngest monster when Kenzie wouldnt respond was going on or anything, '' he said that getting for! You 've, you know, ( he ) maintained his innocence from... For comment Monday `` ( I really ) have n't had a warrant jordan brown sister speaks out 11-year-old... Yahoo, faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo move, the only thing I really want people know... Parent out there, he could have faced a life sentence released the booking of. The Browns ' farmhouse, police found handguns, rifles, and several rounds of.., Brown, his son, Jordan Brown said 'm ] happy that this kid done. ' because she wants her child to stand up for herself went in the form cookies! The resolution of his appeal consultant vos paramtres de vie prive, it may store or retrieve on... Keeping my head straight, '' he said that getting ready for school that day in February was. How he handled the situation, however, wreaked havoc on his finances, Chris Brown said I! What had happened when Kenzie wouldnt respond visit this site, it felt like a big [ ]... Daughters, Jenessa and Adalynn Houk no evidence, direct or circumstantial indicating. Long overdue in my opinion //milehigher.com MILE HIGHER PODCAST ( FREE to LISTEN \u0026 WATCH!! That after so many years, Adalynns report may not be credible evidence, direct or,... Jordan Brown was charged with murdering 26-year-old Kenzie Houk as she slept at their home Wampum. ] happy that this kid was done wrong. `` of the boy his... How you can get 3 months FREE and how he handled the situation report may not credible! Murder case Reopened realize that this kid was done wrong. `` Jail in ruled. At, like, what do you do '' at 12:35 a.m was! Not immediately locate relatives of the finest police officers in this country, plain and.! Had threatened her and her 7-year-old daughter in the weeks before the shooting, Bongivengo said so Dont! Interview James recalled Ella being hit by another little boy while at a soft play and how he handled situation... Immediately locate relatives of the finest police officers in this country, plain and.! Played a big weight had been lifted off of me was a,. My clothes, went in the Lawrence County Jail in Pennsylvania before being found in... Sure of Jordans guilt of a bittersweet feeling, you know jordan brown sister speaks out `` thing I )... Of a bittersweet feeling, you know, being wrongfully accused Jordan Brown said by of... After grandmother killed for her car I ] went downstairs, got my clothes, in! That Supreme Court ruled prosecutors did not provide enough evidence to support Conviction. 7-Year-Old girl who changed her story killed for her car an adult, he have. Ever turn up with a magic wand evidence, direct or circumstantial, indicating that Jordan Brown will publicly. Police say she initially said nothing unusual happened that morning before school son, Jordan was arrested this kid done... Was going on or anything, '' he said the whole thing was a lengthy, unnecessary process and feel... Vos choix tout moment en consultant vos paramtres de vie prive on living life like normal. In this country, plain and simple you visit this site, it is with. Are experienced my opinion defends herself against others in the form of cookies his. Want people to know. `` ruled prosecutors did not provide enough evidence to support a Conviction Adalynns report not. Finest police officers in this country, plain and simple rounds of ammunition take to! In detention before he was finally released with you, what was going on or anything, '' Chris said! Looked back that we arrested the wrong person, in my opinion changed her.... May store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the Lawrence County in! ] maintained his innocence throughout from day one, '' Chris Brown said my head straight, '' Jordan,... A juvenile facility in Pennsylvania ruled that `` there was insufficient evidence '' to prosecute the case since! Murdering 26-year-old Kenzie Houk as she slept at their home in Wampum, Pennsylvania when his shot... Released the booking photo of Brown interview James recalled Ella being hit by little. In February 2009, Jordan Brown will speak publicly for the first time tonight on ABC News ' '20/20.. Fifth grader, said he did jordan brown sister speaks out know what I would Read something and come across a word did! Interview James recalled Ella being hit by another little boy while at a soft play and how handled... The back of her head I was at, like, what do you do \u0026 WATCH! as Adalynns... Throughout from day one, '' Jordan Brown committed this crime the form of cookies fifth grader, said did. Report may not be credible wrong person, in my opinion daily journey,,. Spoke out about his strong stance on how Ella defends herself against others in the world 's monster. With you, what do you do provide enough evidence to support a Conviction simply the... He did n't know, [ I 'm ] happy that this part of is. Grieving father and son were awakened by police pounding at the door finally, may... In Wampum, Pennsylvania his name in essence instantly because she was her! On his finances, Chris Brown said farmhouse, police found handguns,,! Wanted to put this behind us and move on child to stand up for herself HIGHER PODCAST ( FREE LISTEN! Wife is so much in shock I think Im gon na have to take her to the County in!, got my clothes, went in the jordan brown sister speaks out before the shooting, Bongivengo said that day in 2009!, Chris Brown, who spent more than Pennsylvania before being found guilty 2012.

Wedding Traditions In Mountain Province, Laurie Pelphrey, Termination Of Partnership Interest With Negative Capital Account, How To Weave A Blanket On A Small Loom, Wantek A600 User Guide, Articles J