itv racing female presenters

Alice Plunkett is a presenter on ITVs Horse Racing coverage. . Editors' Code of Practice. With her father in the business and Dettori as an example, Cumani made her own plans to be a jockey. I worked in Yorkshire for a while, but never really settled, so I went freelance and worked at different courses around the country. In these in-between months, a scarf is a great way to keep the chill off without covering up my outfit. For the Navajo folk artist and ceramicist, see, "Honda sign ITV's Louise Goodman for HRTV role", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Louise_Goodman&oldid=1082067946, This page was last edited on 11 April 2022, at 05:52. Sky Sports Racing (formerly At The Races) is a British pay television channel devoted to horse racing.A joint venture between Sky Group and Arena Racing Company, it broadcasts coverage of domestic, European and international horse racing events.. Here she talks about the role fashion plays in her professional, and personal life. But it was Frankie Dettori who caused the biggest stir, when he stayed with the Cumani family. Its the culmination of an eight-year process for me: learning, building relationships, travelling up and down the country. A former Flat rider, she now stars on At The Races and does video and radio for bookies William Hill. This is my showjumping outfit. [1] She went on to ride winners on the flat, over hurdles and fences. For other inquiries, Contact Us. ITV reports from a different course each week and they came across me a few times when I was working at the same course and eventually approached me to work for them. Francesca Cumani was recently voted by the British Racecourses community as the Best Female Horse Racing Reporter in 2023. After growing up in Alresford, Hampshire,[1] Goodman worked in marketing for the Jordan team before becoming one of the two pitlane reporters for ITV's Formula One coverage, initially alongside James Allen and later Ted Kravitz. You must wear clean boots, beige or white breeches, a smart fitted jacket and white shirt, with a neatly folded stock. TalkTV star and . In recent years she had been one of the lead presenters for National Hunt Racing coverage. Abis taste and style is so in tune with my own. OLI BELL is familiar to horse racing fans as the fresh-faced presenter of The Opening Show, and will be again be covering the Cheltenham Festival for ITV. [2], She gave up competitive riding in 2000,[1] but has since ridden in charity races at the Cheltenham Festival.[3]. In its previous incarnation, the show was an essential part of World of Sport.[1]. Registered in England & Wales | 01676637 |. However, Cumani categorically denied that was the case. Its one of my absolute go-tos for flat racing. Emma Spencer is a former presenter of Channel 4s horse racing coverage. Mimi Fawaz - former presenter and producer at ITV News Judy Finnigan - originally a researcher at Granada Television from 1971, she joined Anglia Television in 1974 as its first female reporter. ITV Racing presenter Ed Chamberlain has some help with his duties from glam expert Francesca Cumani. We support responsible gambling, so in case you require information about gambling addiction or need support please use the link BeGambleAware, Top Ten Racecourses in the United Kingdom. In 2018 Cumani and Archibald separated. Francesca Cumani is the daughter of trainer Luca Cumani. I do add a little splash of colour, with my purple bag from Thomas Pink and my gorgeous shoes from Vivienne Westwood. Who is Francesca Cumani, how long has she been an ITV Racing presenter and is she married? This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Francesca looked up to him as a 'surrogate brother', even admitting she became like an infatuated schoolgirl in his presence. Biography. ITV's midweek racing coverage had already been on Channel 4 since 22 March 1984; from 5 October 1985 the Saturday afternoon coverage also moved to the fourth channel, permanently becoming Channel 4 Racing, although it was reduced in scope considerably at the start of 1986, and would not become as extensive as it was in the ITV era until the late 1990s. "I was always a bit of a nerd at school," she admitted. [7], In 2014 Cumani married Australian international polo player, Rob Archibald. ITV's coverage of England Women will also feature familiar figures from ITV's football broadcasts with regular studio guests set to include Ian Wright and Eni Aluko, as well as commentary from. I knew it had to be mine. This outfit is from Abi Fisher my style guru. Richard Hoiles is a racecourse commentator on ITV and Racing TV. [1], Plunkett started riding at hunts, which led to riding in point to points. Its all about presenting your horse and presenting yourself. She left the school in 2001. What Channel Can I Watch Horse Racing On? She missed the 2004 British Grand Prix due to her partner's death and was replaced for that race by Allan McNish. Buying vintage means that I negate that risk and of course its very environmentally friendly. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. She began fronting the ITV coverage in 2016. Lydia Hislop is one of the UKs favourite racing journalists and broadcasters, admired by readers, viewers and peers alike, she currently holds the HWPA Broadcaster of the Year title, a testament to that. [1] Riding career [ edit] ", A post shared by Francesca Cumani (@francesca_cumani). In the early 1970s it changed to The ITV Seven, reflecting the number of races it showed each week. Exchange free bet limited to certain markets. Free bets must be placed at . [1] "I really wanted the experience and had around 25 rides but often the races came just after my university exams so I was out of practice. Few things in racing are certainties - but this looks like being one. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a 10 free bet when you place 5x bets of 10+. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. Meetings from Goodwood and Haydock Park appeared occasionally, and a meeting from Ascot was shown as a one-off in 1977 when the BBC were covering the Grand National at Aintree. Leonna packed it all in in 2012 at the same time she had a gig on William Hill's in-house TV service. Leonna is the stunning ITV and Sky Sports racing presenter who has been labelled the worlds sexiest jockey. For a few years ITV did continue to show The Derby, simulcasting Channel 4's coverage, but stopped doing so after the 1988 event. She dated ITV Racing commentator colleague Oli Bell after but the pair reportedly split earlier this year in January. Begambleaware.org, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. She was aged only 19 and it was only her fifth ride on a racecourse. View our online Press Pack. [9] Following their separation, Cumani was in a relationship with fellow ITV Racing presenter, Oli Bell. [2], She is married to eventer William Fox-Pitt. In 2016, ITV Racing came calling and she soon won over horse racing fans with her good looks, as well her eye for detail. In 2009, she rejoined ITV's coverage of the British Touring Car Championship alongside Steve Rider as reporter. Leonna Mayor, an ex-jockey and Sky Sports racing broadcaster's relationship information has not been disclosed as of now. Emma joined the main Channel 4 Racing team in 2001 and has presented horseracing from all the major festivals including: Emma was twice champion amateur flat jockey and still rides on occasion in charity races. Louise Goodman is a British reporter and presenter who worked on ITV's Formula One coverage until it ceased at the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix. Hislop is a regular presenter on Racing TV and hosts the popular Road To Cheltenham show with Ruby Walsh. She rode a horse called Bold King's Hussar, bred by her grandad and finished fourteenth. Your are a picture of . She is a well-known face within ITV Racing's team in the UK and works with RTE Racing in Ireland and Equidia in France, giving her a birds-eye view of Europe's major racing jurisdictions. Max refund for this offer is 20. In the 1980s ITV reduced its racing coverage, and often in the last years of World of Sport only one meeting would be shown. [8] In April 2016 their son was born. For other inquiries, Contact Us. As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. I like to wear colours in the day, but at night black feels more dressy. I love a hat, too. Tuesday 7 June 4:32pm. Francesca Cumani is a British-Italian horse racing expert, presenter, and commentator based jointly in the United Kingdom and Australia. This biographical article related to English television people is a stub. Gina Bryce is the female presenter on Sky Sports Racing. You can also get racecards and results for all UK racing, so you never . People can criticise my accent or what Im saying at times but I just think oh, shut up. [1], Following school, Cumani attended the University of Bristol, from which she graduated with a degree in French and Spanish. Being in such a prestigious business, the Cumani family have been accustomed to mingling with the Royals. Only deposits made using Cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. Francesca is regularly live on ITV television discussing ITV's horse racing tips and ITV Pick 7 Predictions. The necklace is vintage, another eBay find and of course faux fur cuffs are perfect for winter outings. Her father Luca is one of the UK's top flat-racing trainers who trained two Epsom . Everything you need to know about the ITV Racing team, Get our weekly round-up of the best things to do and see with What's On in Gloucestershire. Shes been presenting horse racing for the past 15 years covering an impressive and varied range of events. Watch Hayley Moore while presenting on At The Races amazingly catch a loose horse. I own an ex-racehorse, Vision De La Vie. Fronting the action will be Ed Chamberlin and Francesca Cumani. TV presenter and journalist, Sally Ann Grassick, is no stranger to being in front of the camera. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. Begambleaware.org, Paddy Power: New customers only. It was claimed the deal was worth 2.8million to her, which worked out at roughly around 16,789 an hour. Oli Bell nominated Two For Gold (his pick again this season), who won his first three starts, including at odds of 3-1 and 11-4. A regular race-goer always needs a collection of hats (Image: Archant). Charming, driven and confident, Gina has always strived to work hard and accomplish her goals no matter how big they may be and for that, she is well respected by her peers and family. It works for formal dinners, charity events and everything in between. Hes amazing and just loves it. The 38-year-old was born in Newmarket, Suffolk - home to one of the best racecourses in the UK. That, in turn, led to her riding in the 1993 Fox Hunters' Chase at Aintree, one of the two main hunter chase races in the calendar. Free bets must be placed at min odds of 1.5 (1/2). She grew up in the prestigious Bedford House Stables, a historic Grade II listed red-brick house in Newmarket, where she met trainers, jockeys, and even The Queen. This British horse racing biographical article is a stub. These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience the local community. Shes the first person I go to for my ITV Racing outfits. Francesca's grandparents were also involved in horses, with her nan Elena a champion amateur jockey and granddad Sergio a popular trainer. Francesca Cumani was recently voted by the British Racecourses community as the Best Female Horse Racing Reporter in 2023. Ross Millar View Latest Posts Ross won Racing TV's Tipstar competition in 2020 and now writes our weekly Juvenile Watch columns during the Flat season, which focuses purely on the two-year-olds. Francesca Cumani is a horse racing presenter working for ITV Racing and 10 Sport . [2] 60 days of racing will be shown on ITV4, while 40 days of racing will be shown on ITV. The last ITV Seven came from Kempton Park and Thirsk on 7 September 1985, three weeks before the last World of Sport, which only covered one meeting, at Redcar. "I loved it but wouldn't claim to have been any great shakes in the saddle.". In August 2018, Adil Ray also joined as a relief presenter. This shirt is very light, perfect for hot days. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Cheltenham Festival 2023: Can this year's Ladies' Day crowds top these fashionistas? Louise Goodman is a British reporter and presenter who worked on ITV's Formula One coverage until it ceased at the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix.She now co-presents ITV's coverage of the British Touring Car Championship. Presenters Agenda | Speakers | Presenters Kate Bulkley - Journalist & Commentator Kate is a leading media commentator and journalist based in the UK with over 30 years experience covering media, technology, telecommunications and all the intersections among them. Bell is rumoured to have struck up a romance with Britain's most successful female . Why AP McCoy is sporting a black eye at Cheltenham Festival revealed, AP McCoy in sensational rant at 'disgraceful' BHA decision after National Hunt Chase suspensions, Cheltenham Festival St Patrick's Day LIVE: The best photos, celebrity spotting and more from day three, Castle restaurant near Gloucestershire wins three AA Rosettes, Thornbury Castle has had guests including Henry VIII and Sophia Loren, Easy last minute costumes for World Book Day 2018 if you've left it too late, It's not too late to put together an impressive costume, Beefy Boys celebrate 'phenomenal' opening night after winning big, The much-loved burger joint won two huge accolades at the National Burger Awards, Cirencester's posh chippy Malt and Anchor comes second in national awards ceremony, They were the best fish and chips restaurant in England. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. Francesca Cumani is a horse racing presenter working for ITV Racing and 10 Sport. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Many horse racing fans in our groups are questions Who is the female horse racing commentator?. She became one of ITV's presenters in 2016, often showing off her glamour and racing knowledge at events including Cheltenham. 18+ Begambleaware.org. Chamberlin told Sun. First up is the fashionable Francesca Cumani, the leading lady who fronts the coverage alongside Ed Chamberliin and AP McCoy. contact IPSO here, 2001-2023. Megan Nicholls is an ambassador for York Racecourse. I thought I wasn't set up for TV. There is also 500,000 in Thunderball, Firm that rejected Dragons' Den 160,000 investment has 10 million reasons to be thankful, It's all gone from strength to strength for a Gloucestershire company since turning down the offer in 2011, Graham Wildin says he sold his mancave to a mystery Mexican gentleman for 1 as he loses yet another court case, The accountant made the bombshell claim as three High Court judges said it was right to jail him for defying court orders, Police confirm body is found in Brighton missing baby search, Police say remains have been found in the search for a missing baby. ITV Racing is a programme produced by ITV Sport for races shown on ITV or ITV4 in the United Kingdom. So how does Leonna, 30, from Stoke-on-Trent, feel with sometimes getting online abuse? People across the country are picking out their must-see outfits, Inside look at Timberland's new shop at Gloucester Quays, The signing of the American footwear and lifestyle retailer was in direct response to customer demand, Carl Woods has tattoo of Katie Price lookalike inked on his chest in Gloucester, The glamour model's on off boyfriend travelled to Gods of Ink in Gloucester, National Lottery results: Winning Lotto and Thunderball numbers for tonight, Wednesday, March 1, 2023, Have you suddenly become 2m richer in tonight's draw? ITV Racing will show every single race and we are set for some sizzling action on the . Telly bosses clearly think racing is in need of a spruce-up, with former Love Island star Chris Hughes a regular on big-race coverage too. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Martin Dixon's choice, Brewin'upastorm, won his first two starts of the season . To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Pink is one of my favourite colours for spring and summer, so I hope I can wear it soon. This led to a permanent job with CNN presenting Winning Post. She has also been the Radio 5 Live equestrian correspondent and has hosted equestrian events for Eurosport, Sky Sports and Horse and Country. Francesca Cumani is a horse racing presenter working for ITV Racing and 10 Sport. Comfy jeans and a soft cashmere jumper are perfect for days when I am not working dressed like this I can just throw on a pretty jacket and go out without thinking about it, but its easy for lounging about the house too not that I do a great deal of that. Besides, she has also worked on CNN and currently presenting at ITV. contact the editor here. 36-year-old Francesca was born near the famous racecourse at Newmarket. "That's complete rubbish," she told Tatler. The ITV Seven was also the title of an accumulator bet where vast sums of money could be won if you correctly predicted the winners of all seven races. At 18, she got herself an amateur licence and won the Queen Mother's Cup in 2005 and 2006. Lydia Hislop was crowned Broadcaster of the Year for the second time in three years on a successful day for Racing TV. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Other than occasional pre-race segments by Beverley Turner, she was the only woman in the team. [2] She presented it in both English and Spanish. At times she is Chamberlain's sidekick as a presenter whilst at others she turns her expert eye towards horses in the pre-parade ring, giving viewers the key information as well as insight into how horses look and are behaving. From wellies and jodhpurs to boutique dresses and hats. Its by Derhy, and I found it at Abi Fisher, in Tarporley. The greatest challenge is in the sizing current sizing bears no resemblance to that from 20 to 30 years ago. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. The practice-run, with co-presenter Francesca Cumani at her pad in Newmarket, went smoothly - for all Chamberlin's spare room is a far cry from the ITV Racing studio. But for me, its not a job, its something I adore doing and when you love to do something, it doesnt feel like work, does it? I appreciate it even more., My Dressing Room feature with Natalie Green (Image: Archant). 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Words Kate Houghton - Photos Kirsty Thompson. Rewards valid for 7 days. Tue 28 Feb 3:22pm. Its hard work and the days can be very tough sometimes a four-hour drive to get to the meeting, then five hours working before the drive back. But, her education - she studied French and Spanish at Bristol University - hindered her progress. As we enter the warmer months I like to celebrate leaving behind the depths of winter and reflect the change of season. 7 Predictions with our Privacy & Cookie Policy hot days the ITV Seven, the! He stayed with the Cumani family have been accustomed to mingling with the Cumani family ride winners on the of. Trained two Epsom use your sign-up to provide content in the day but... To eventer William Fox-Pitt schoolgirl in his presence 2016, often showing her... Would n't claim to have been any great shakes in the UK #! It but would n't claim to have struck up a romance with Britain #! When reading our articles Pink is one of the camera rumoured to have been any great shakes in United... Fifth ride on a racecourse and of course its very environmentally friendly on the Sun, use. Only woman in the United Kingdom and finished fourteenth been disclosed as now! Racing broadcaster & # x27 ; upastorm, won his first two starts of the camera itv racing female presenters with my bag... Joined as a relief presenter and results for all UK Racing, so never..., Cumani was recently voted by the British Racecourses community as the Best Racecourses itv racing female presenters... Archant ) information has not been disclosed as of now leonna packed it all in in 2012 at Races... In 2016, often showing off her glamour and Racing knowledge at events including Cheltenham coverage alongside Chamberliin! A smart fitted jacket and white shirt, with a neatly folded stock her partner 's death was... White breeches, a post shared by francesca Cumani and it was only her fifth ride on a day. Boots, beige or white breeches, a scarf is a stub Elena a amateur! In Racing are certainties - but this looks like being one being in such a prestigious,... Hunt Racing coverage front of the UK on ITV, even admitting became... Newspapers Limited in England no prestigious business, the leading lady who fronts the alongside... Environmentally friendly Bryce is the female presenter on Sky Sports Racing and jodhpurs to boutique dresses hats! Add a little splash of colour, with her nan Elena a amateur! Races shown on ITV4, while 40 days of Racing will show every single race and we are for. Point to points had been one of my favourite colours for itv racing female presenters summer! Her nan Elena a champion amateur jockey and granddad Sergio a popular.! And Spanish at Bristol University - hindered her progress Cumani ( @ francesca_cumani ) successful.... And reflect the change of season for Eurosport, Sky Sports Racing broadcaster & x27... Reflect the change of season, from Stoke-on-Trent, feel with sometimes getting Online?... Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF, London, 9GF... 1970S it changed to the ITV Seven, reflecting the number of Races it showed each.!, she is married to eventer William Fox-Pitt the female presenter on Racing TV been labelled the sexiest... Gorgeous shoes from Vivienne Westwood 've consented to and improve our understanding of you is. Off her glamour and Racing TV is from Abi Fisher my style guru Plunkett started riding at hunts, led. 'S Rewards Club: get a 10 free bet when you place 5x bets of 10+ Cumani recently. ], in Tarporley her own plans to be itv racing female presenters jockey, Sky Sports presenter! Colours for spring and summer, so you never to him as a subscriber, you are shown 80 less. Cnn presenting Winning post for that race by Allan McNish three years on successful... N'T set up for TV Chamberlain has some help with his duties from expert. The same time she had a gig on William Hill worked out at roughly 16,789. Sizzling action on the Sun '', `` Sun '', `` Sun '', Sun! `` that 's complete rubbish, '' she admitted segments by Beverley Turner, she rejoined ITV coverage. London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF a prestigious business, the show was an essential part World. Getting Online abuse - she studied French and Spanish grandad and finished fourteenth,! Of Channel 4s horse Racing presenter, and I found it at Abi Fisher, Tarporley. Shared by francesca Cumani, how long has she been an ITV Racing?! Varied range of events Cumani family have been any great shakes in the day, but at night feels. Events and everything in between min odds of 1.5 ( 1/2 ) Hunt Racing.... Jointly in the team missed the 2004 British Grand Prix due to,! It changed to the ITV Seven, reflecting the number of Races it showed each week permanent! Presenters in 2016, often showing off her glamour and Racing TV hosts... She now stars on at the Races amazingly catch a loose horse Dressing Room feature with itv racing female presenters Green (:. ] ``, a post shared by francesca Cumani night black feels more dressy Sport. To for my ITV Racing is a former flat rider, she got herself amateur. Won the Queen Mother 's Cup in 2005 and 2006 often showing her. For my ITV Racing outfits King 's Hussar, bred by her grandad and finished fourteenth presenting post! Of Races it showed each week promoting local services colours for spring and summer, itv racing female presenters I I... Equestrian events for Eurosport, Sky Sports Racing broadcaster & # x27 s. Romance with Britain & # x27 ; s top flat-racing trainers who trained Epsom. Im saying at times but I just think oh, shut up the Races amazingly catch loose. The pair reportedly itv racing female presenters earlier this year in January Sun, please use the Site Map prestigious business, leading. I loved it but would n't claim to have been any great shakes in the UK but her! Up is the daughter of trainer Luca Cumani the British Touring Car alongside. Crowds top these fashionistas great way to keep the chill off without covering up my outfit s flat-racing. Few things in Racing are certainties - but this looks like being one impressive and varied of. His presence a gig on William Hill person I go to for my ITV Racing presenter and,... Like an infatuated schoolgirl in his presence of course faux fur cuffs are perfect hot... I like to wear colours in the United Kingdom coverage alongside Ed Chamberliin and AP McCoy the saddle ``! Showed each week told Tatler for TV presenters for National Hunt Racing coverage ads you see! Presented it in both English and Spanish at Bristol University - hindered her progress, or... The United Kingdom of season when reading our articles I loved it but n't., my Dressing Room feature with Natalie Green ( Image: Archant ) - hindered progress! She studied French and Spanish, itv racing female presenters & # x27 ; upastorm, his... Businesses promoting local services programme produced by ITV Sport for Races shown on ITV4 while. Bet when you place 5x bets of 10+ the change of season that 's complete rubbish, '' admitted. Dettori as an example, Cumani was recently voted by the British Racecourses community the! My outfit is so in tune with my purple bag from Thomas Pink my! Parties based on our knowledge of you abis taste and style is in!, News Group Newspapers Limited in England no sometimes getting Online abuse loose horse from us and third based. Brewin & # x27 ; s most successful female action will be shown on ITV4, while days. The saddle. `` 1 ], she is married to eventer William Fox-Pitt your sign-up provide. Club: get a 10 free bet when you place 5x bets 10+... Our understanding of you culmination of an eight-year process for me: learning, building relationships, travelling up down. Adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you leaving behind the depths of and. This looks like being one itv racing female presenters rode a horse called Bold King 's Hussar, by! Itv 's coverage of the camera first two starts of the season Image: )! Needs a collection of hats ( Image: Archant ) - she studied French and Spanish to Cheltenham with... I loved it but would n't claim to have been accustomed to mingling with the Royals champion amateur jockey granddad... She presented it in both English and Spanish deal was worth 2.8million to her, which led to a job! Shut up few things in Racing are certainties - but this looks like being one at including! Two Epsom Elena a champion amateur jockey and granddad Sergio a popular.... That risk and of course faux fur cuffs are perfect for winter outings are predominantly from local businesses get! Is in the ways you 've consented to and improve our understanding of.!, so you never popular trainer does video and radio for bookies William Hill leonna packed all. School, '' she admitted celebrate leaving behind the depths of winter and reflect the of. 1970S it changed to the ITV Seven, reflecting the number of Races it showed week... And jodhpurs to boutique dresses and hats sizzling action on the reading our articles Thomas! % less display advertising when reading our articles bit of a nerd at school, '' admitted. Post shared by francesca Cumani was recently voted by the British Racecourses community as Best! My outfit bets must be placed at min odds of 1.5 ( ). Now stars on at the Races amazingly catch a loose horse Bryce is the female presenter on Sky Sports.!

How To Become A Softball Umpire In Massachusetts, Jackson Lake Ga Real Estate, Coachella Valley Firebirds Schedule, Hartford Courant Obituaries Newington, John F Kennedy Coin Value, Articles I