examples of discussion responses

endstream endobj startxref This piece of ad content was created by Rasmussen University to support its educational programs. learn new stuff that we might not have found ourselves by only reading our textbook. Common Pitfalls. Whether you are asserting agreement or disagreement, provide clear and credible evidence to support your response. This enables other people who come on to the discussion board later to consider new ideas and to add more points to the original post. Is there a connection to other readings and assignments? WebUoPeople Discussion Response Examples. This is the perfect solution! WebIf you can, look at what other students have already said and add something new. 0|!~MtPpgt1n e~vs;&Eyy2#602|_ZrV~Ii8~'6G/W]i~M4-=5.3;G1P]CH%iII'YtRb" J%Y2-0 ~[Rx{r47&%. For additional information about Licensing and State Authorization, and State Contact Information for Student Complaints, please see those sections of our catalog. Will you be participating alongside students? While its a good idea to provide your peers with positive feedback, responses that only say, I like this a lot are not really constructive and do not enable a productive discussion. As the author of this weeks article said EZ money! Every discussion is time-bound. Summer 2020, Reality check no one asked for: What is Banging for Roof, why its happening to you, Its fall in Madtown, and cool, artificial air is slowly but surely becoming considerably more attractive than sex that. I did While high school occasionally had group projects, a lot of high school learning is in the form of Reading such comments shows you how rhetorically ineffective volatile statements can be. updated Sep 27, 2020 at 4:03 pm, UW-Madison's Premier Independent Student Newspaper, All Content The Badger Herald, 1995 - 2023, The coronavirus has brought on dozens of lifestyle changes constant sanitization, mask chic, but most importantly, patios. If everyone is formatting the text to the left, format it to the left. 1 CHE101 - Summary Chemistry: The Central Science, Test bank - medical surgical nursing 10th edition ignatavicius workman-btestbanks.com -zo8ukx. Those types of answers end the conversation, rather than pushing it forward. Price differentiation involves pricing the same product or service of the same provider differently depending on factors such as different target markets. hbbd```b``"@$K.,""`2, f@Qz@iQ*XLugI.n[s5 M %@ r That way they dont have to run it through one of those plagiarism checking sites. In some classes students have the, opportunity to participate in group projects, where groups work together to produce an, assignment. I concur with the angle that Christine took on this particular question. For example, you can discuss what you have found interesting or challenging. You cannot be a yes-man or silent spectator; you must think of ways to build on that conversation. This is especially true when learners come from all different Lab Report #11 - I earned an A in this lab class. By entering your email above you agree to receive our periodical marketing emails. If you find yourself writing responses such as Nice work! There is an error in email. Currently trying to amp myself for it now. 184 0 obj <>stream Read our website accessibility and accommodation statement. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. He is currently putting the finishing touches on his next bookHow to Become the Perfect Online Instructor. Hi # Name, Your experience mirrors those of many others, particularly myself during my undergraduate program, where students attend regular two-hour nurse- preceptor facilitated small group sessions. I do understand your concerns, but I Hi Ann-Marie, I agree with you with the angle you took on this question. The goal is to obtain five statements on your pinboard that you agree with. Perhaps we might consider the logic employed in this post: while I understand your concern for the childs quality of life, I do not understand that connections youre drawing. Ask students to compare two theories: Jean-Jacques Rousseau believed that human beings are inherently good. When students learn as a community, they improve their, communication skills and enrich their own learning through the diversity of the community, (University of the People, n.d.). Do you think that all children who are raised without fathers cannot lead fulfilling and successful lives? You wouldnt raise your hand in a face-to-face class and repeat something someone else just said. %%EOF Present evidence and examples The same holds for writing discussion posts, just like youre told to back up your claims while writing essays. Want to make an argument, but have no actual original ideas? Always be upbeat. I'll sit down at my laptop and try to find one to reply to and just groan and shut my laptop or work on something else. LTD. WebC: Contribute to the discussion by asking a probing question that deepens understanding of the material and/or provide a supplemental resource Here is one example of the ABC's This brings many benefits, but one of the most important benefits is that learning as a More info, By Melissa Booth If you can, look at what other students have already said and add something new. Just like your main post, your response to your peers should expand on their ideas or challenge them (respectfully). WebWeek 3 Discussion. Lancet. Asking questions shows youre genuinely invested in the discussion and interested in taking it forward. This response makes it look like you actually read the assigned reading AND understood it enough to walk away with a formed opinion. WebUoPeople Discussion Response Examples. In the discussion forum, students share their insight and other students read and reply. Students enjoy peeking into the lives of their instructors. Lets say, for example, that your instructor asked you to write about your beliefs regarding abortion. Now, lets take a look at some examples of constructive responses: I understand your fear for the childs quality of life, but which is worseto never have lived at all or to face some challenges in life that could potentially make that child stronger? together. Examples of phenomena in nursing include caring and responses to stress. Lets say you agree with the above post about abortion. I especially found What specifically is the point the author is making? You can also choose to paraphrase a section of a text and put it across in your own words. forum. Just as you are expected to be polite in any public forum, the same is expected of you in an online classroom. WebDescribe an important event from your book and tell why it is important. Examples of phenomena in nursing include caring and responses to stress. WebLearning Through Discussion. For example, here is a slightly paraphrased portion of one students response to identifying and describing leaders in her life who displayed various leadership styles: I was in a local chapter of the [name withheld]. Webyou also saw in the discussion post instructions. : an American History (Eric Foner), Principles of Environmental Science (William P. Cunningham; Mary Ann Cunningham), Example-Discussion Post to understand how to post for a discussion assignment, Written Assignment Unit 4 - BUS1104 AY2021-T4 - Structural Unemployments it more important for you to follow the letter of the law or to follow the spirit of the law? I respectfully disagree with your views regarding abortion. Price Differentiation Works Well if? Youve probably come across controversial blogs or news articles that are followed by obnoxious comments from people who really disagree with the content of those materials. Dont be afraid to propose a new idea or ask a probing question to I do understand your concerns, but I You rarely get a second chance to explain yourself in online classes. Explain the Motivation For Your Survey. ideas helps us grow and learn from our mistakes, too. Here's an example of a great response: "Great job, XXXXX. [1] Claim/Answer to question How do you do that? Rasmussen University may not prepare students for all positions featured within this content. Use this resource as a guide to making effective, thorough discussion board responses that add to the conversation. endstream endobj 149 0 obj <>/Metadata 16 0 R/Pages 146 0 R/StructTreeRoot 44 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 150 0 obj <>/MediaBox[0 0 612 792]/Parent 146 0 R/Resources<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI]>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Tabs/S/Type/Page>> endobj 151 0 obj <>stream Some of your responses may simply be statements, and thats finebut remember that statements by an instructor in a discussion have a 50-50 shot of getting Who is your favorite character in your book? So be it! A Closer Look at the Rasmussen University Hennepin/Anoka Campus, 13 Avoidable College Student Mistakes That Can Set You Back, Connect with Rasmussen University on Facebook, Connect with Rasmussen University on Instagram, Connect with Rasmussen University on LinkedIn, Connect with Rasmussen University on Pinterest, Connect with Rasmussen University on Twitter, Connect with Rasmussen University on Youtube, Human Resources and Organizational Leadership, Information Technology Project Management, Transfer Credit & Other Knowledge Credit, Letter from the Senior Vice President and Provost, Financial Aid and FAFSA (for those who qualify). assignment. There are no points for length; there are points for insightful and valuable responses. Its essential to keep a tab on all the relevant external sources to your response, as you will be expected to integrate them into your answer. Students learn initially from the class readings and writing their post, but then learn more (If you do include them, the directions do not count %PDF-1.5 % work together and we learn from each other. Has 3 years experience. jD4~R4A F}MaO1k$^5pnpJKpOX]"S|gAG>oZ+~8 YalM&t&(mZ42ym'uxW;M^,qK9(yG1kWUiOMwd^]bJNEEKqzFRtEn;cG{=V]Em21NEH "How do you handle workplace conflict?" Post your response, engage with your classmates, and continue to ask follow-up questions. WebAn example is pricing a product at $ 1299 instead of $ 1300. Every claim you A focus group is a research method that brings together a small group of people to answer questions in a moderated setting. Ultimately, the goal of online forums is to open up discussion, to respectfully disagree (if you disagree), to expand upon the writers point if you agree, and to contribute more ideas than just I like this post. After all, discussion board threads are just like conversations: imagine what would happen in a conversation if one person asserted an argument and the others just said, I agree. The conversation would die. I really enjoyed it.I really appreciate your point about [such-and-such].Very well written. Original: SourceYes, thats exactly what you should not do. When you write your own discussion posts, you do not I think exploration is a very good word to describe what Simple acknowledgments Rasmussen University does not guarantee, approve, control, or specifically endorse the information or products available on websites linked to, and is not endorsed by website owners, authors and/or organizations referenced. Ask open-ended questions, rather than questions that can be answered with yes or no. Personally, collaborative learning has not been evident in previous educational experiences. Why is this character your favorite? 59 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<9DB7BD3F17D248428C05DDA1E0E1B2F3><07659CE3E1AFDA4E8A9868CC9F581121>]/Index[35 50]/Info 34 0 R/Length 115/Prev 342063/Root 36 0 R/Size 85/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream The groups can all work on the same assignment or be given unique assignments. endstream endobj 152 0 obj <>stream and provide constructive criticism to help other students grow. Hopefully discussions and peer assessments will be a talking through the topic and we collaborate on writing when we peer assess. WebThink outside the box. Errol Craig Sull has been teaching online courses for more than 15 years and has a national reputation in the subject, both writing and conducting workshops on it. The encyclopedia for writers, researchers, and knowledge workers. On Day 3, meet with your second paired teammate and repeat the process. Work together to organize the ideas into buckets to create a manageable list of online discussion agreements. Which outdoor patio are you?The coronavirus has brought on dozens of lifestyle changes constant sanitization, mask chic, but most importantly, patios. Instructors want to know your unique point of view here, and you need to be able to put forth a strong argument with substantial evidence to back it up. ]ru/}u:(_GyWk+ (6/1>kw7y z\ (University of the People, n.). If additional information of a more specific nature is needed in response to a student posting, offer a general response in the discussion and send a private email or posting to the student. )b ,(=>,6^]5F0e~,`E R. In the discussion forum, students have the chance to interact with one another and share their individual points of view. Every discussion board ought to have a scoring rubric. Girl you make me so proud. Need I go on? So, write to us today with your requirements, and well get our expert writers on the job. Patrick Flavin | hb```e``b`a`pfb@ !f(GC So, whether its doing qualitative research, drafting a well-structured post, or maintaining decorum, you must put out accurately crafted, original, insightful posts to make a positive impression and stand out. Many students make the mistake of immediately writing the actual post on the portal and hitting send. Call it confidence or laziness either way, this approach is not advisable. Use this resource as a guide to making effective, thorough discussion board responses that add to the conversation. They point to issues with the writers logic and end with questions which continue the For example, you can discuss what you have found interesting or challenging. The group is chosen due to predefined demographic traits, and the questions are designed to shed light on a topic of interest. Pretend that you get to create a new character for this book. Hey, you know what they say, the best way to understand someone is to undermine their experiences!. Discussions can be meaningful and engaging learning experiences: dynamic, eye-opening, and generative. University of the People (UoPeople) integrates community-oriented learning throughout the- However, the discussion forum However, first, it is necessary to determine what Offering bits and pieces of your life outside of class will certainly make you more approachablebut be sure you use your life experiences and situations for the benefit of underscoring, highlighting, and reinforcing lessons of the course. This one is just inspiring, and I honestly wish I saw this kind of support in my discussions more often. nDf-$o]d\vavwQ\&:KQt!nnp17t}#4e Explain why or why not, using evidence from this weeks readings. In some classes students have the Firstly, making statements like I completely agree with you! or Good post is an absolute no-no. WebResponse: When I read the poem for the first time I thought that the husband he is reffering to in the beging of the poem is the husband of his beloved cousin with whom he was in some sort of dangerous, immoral engagement. Show students that you are reading what they are writing by commenting on their posts. I, for instance, was raised without a father and have never touched a drug in my life. Discuss your thoughts on the most recent reading and respond to a peer's comment: I liked the reading, it was good. WebThe simple answer is to gradually move the Discussion Board from instructor-led discussions to student-led discussions. They explain the nature of the concepts in the theory, giving it structure. WebDiscussion boards are meant to be conversations, where each post builds on the previous comment. Its always a good idea to end your response with a probing, open-ended question that takes the discussion forward. However, there can be problems associated with current online discussion models. So, what do you say when youve already told almost everyone in the class that their responses were great and that you agreed with them? Refer to libraries, course material, eBooks, and other online sources to be well-versed in the topic so you can take a stand and present a strong argument. In this article, youll learn how to write a strong discussion post and respond to your classmates posts on the board. Web Criteria for an acceptable response (for example, must include one example from the textbook and another from a journal article) along with grading criteria. Chefs. Upcoming Conferences for Higher Ed Professionals. So lets say you strongly disagree with abortion and after visiting the discussion board you come across the following post: All women should have abortions if theyre unmarried. Use Visualizations to Show Data. Discussion posts are how instructors and students interact in an online class. This means were not just writing down our thoughts for the teacher And if that means saying the same thing back to your classmate? Did you answer all elements of the prompt or just part of it? When in disagreement, keep responses respectful and academic in tone. opportunity to participate in group projects, where groups work together to produce an Talk with an admissions advisor today. Make sure your answer has only 5 digits. Basketball Discussions With Basketball Discussions, the conversation moves from teacher to student to student to student and so on. far more effective way to learn together than high school projects were! External links provided on rasmussen.edu are for reference only. experience you have with collaborative learning. need good communication skills. Cerebral Cortex. hbbd```b``:"kD" E9&w h The directions are included so you can see, what the discussion post is responding to. Not used to this way of studying? In the example above, the respondent adds another point of discussion to the original question. hVn8>(\^$%N 4"6zPb`K&R$qYlAes!yFx C BzPD*$`WpAAXWJPItJ/8*ExawHp! Its a good idea to draft the discussion post on a text editor tool before you choose to send it. Please select another program or contact an Admissions Advisor (877.530.9600) for help. can learn from each other and work to learn the material better. I agree with everything you said! use the tips below to improve the quality of your responses and promote meaningful conversation: Remember, the online discussion forum is a place for you, your classmates, and your instructor to exchange information. Great response! Sharing 163 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<6FFCF440472C164B80C03836C541F7FC><1BFB14F56A620E4A82561B9DB7CD29CC>]/Index[148 37]/Info 147 0 R/Length 85/Prev 295626/Root 149 0 R/Size 185/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream As per Brian Redmond, a senior lecturer within the psychology department at Penn State, participating at the deadline does not make for a thoughtful and informative discussion which completely beats the purpose of discussion forums in online courses. Even though discussion posts seem like participating in online forums, they are, after all, an academic form of writing and need you to be professional. Assigned a discussion post for a class? Witelson, S. F. 1999.The exceptional brain of Albert Einstein. Piggybacking off of that Now this last one is a definite personal favorite. Cross), Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications (Gay L. R.; Mills Geoffrey E.; Airasian Peter W.), Campbell Biology (Jane B. Reece; Lisa A. Urry; Michael L. Cain; Steven A. Wasserman; Peter V. Minorsky), Give Me Liberty! Discussion promotes basic use of 71 Comments Please sign inor May Statements like I agree with the author or The author makes a good point are easy, but they dont demonstrate understanding of the material or add anything to the conversation. Second, you can offer an example of what you think the speaker is talking about. perspectives, this means students actually learn more when they learn from each other. Because students bring such diverse At this point, you have two options: you can choose to respond to another postone you find less offensive, or you can challenge yourself to respond in a way that fosters discussion and perhaps also challenges the writer of that post to consider a different perspective. Your response should be at least 250 words. 1. perspectives, this means students actually learn more when they learn from each other. If youre in the same boat, you ought to know how to write discussion posts while adding value and staying professional. WebThese discussion rubric examples are meant to be adapted by each faculty member who chooses to grade discussions. This will help keep the prompt in mind while you are reading. %%EOF Talking Id say Im surprised but I know who you are. We write original and plagiarism-free papers from scratch. Collaborative learning is a way of learning with others so that a group builds knowledge, together. need to include the directions in your post. Reading about your experience with your daughter as she expressed excitement for someday becoming a mother reminded me of some Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Salat, D. H. 2004. This is important because on the job most of us will need to work with our coworkers, so we Using evidence in your arguments strengthens them and lets you put forth your point more effectively. However, the discussion forum, is not the only communal aspect of learning at UoPeople. We understand. Hey queen! Now, lets take a look at some examples of constructive responses: I understand your fear for the childs quality of life, but which is worseto never have lived From accurately putting the point across to being professional and respectful - our discussion post writers are happy to assist you and get you the grades you want. 10.24.2022, Patrick Flavin | Webtheories and models in their discussion board posts. zfN*pMW$K:|%d&u vrBnow78w{3Sw3cEFO06z"6 Responding to your classmates in the discussion forum is an essential part of online courses. HUo0~J8c"UZcZjBh0;Y~wTUt!;.lVY]TepPRA1T}J^p-AjjM}O]TL P=-.3af=w"VJpd K.Nc)Yfs1[r}+D:kh1/ WebWeek 3 Discussion. And in every class, students participate in peer assessment, where they actively read. This gives you time to assess the writing flow, make corrections, and ensure you have covered all the key points. communicate more often. Once you get your hands on the rubric, the trick is to work backward. Didn't find what you need? The groups president used a laissez-faire approach. Before writing anything controversial, think whether you would say the same in real life if not, its best to keep it out of your discussion post. WebSee below for an example of an A+ Discussion Board post. Doctoral Capstone Preproposal Starter Kit, Writing a Successful Response to Another's Post, Content and Structure of Course-Based PDPs, Collaborative Writing in Business & Management, Tables, Figures, References, and Appendices, website accessibility and accommodation statement, Walden Departments, Centers, and Resources. Responding to a post gives you the ability to expand the conversation. communication skills and enrich their own learning through the diversity of the community Note: This is an example discussion forum response. The directions are included so you can see what the discussion post is If you disagree with someones post, you should aim to acknowledge your disagreement in a mature and respectful way, without belittling the writer; you should not respond angrily, not concede the point, not end the discussion. The final outcome may be a report This diverts attention and makes for an unnecessary read. From not taking disagreements personally and responding to them politely to using professional, academic language instead of slang, jargon, and emoticons its important to respect everyones opinions and the medium while interacting. Its important to remember that your discussion posts and responses are being watched and will have an impact on your grade. Third, you can reflect on the underlying theme of a speakers remarks. Nr"$CA`(1s:7EItiCJEc$8#tYgG' t* :-z4*A1Mtmtu-6izaLwvr1:u0WkMe/ud0?z 902EIj]\%AH>y$ )Qg5^D\#8cUSo!Xl=Al]UkOip[%m\ `}i[?.2]P*ZPJ%ZPB(glp4[k`_M;G1`ctL SS)-}.v)@((Fzu >]"6;41vNg'U2aKk m1>M~#5ty'k%w6[|`v7.NND_~ybsVyW i?vj. :/_;S *grn{U"PG%Ac 3-4 postings; well distributed throughout the week. Its a good idea to pinpoint which aspect of your classmates post you are responding to - it makes it more straightforward for everyone involved. But more importantly in high school students are not encouraged to become The act of discussing; talk or writing in which the pros and cons or various aspects of a subject are considered. If your post is easy to read, it is likely that more people will read and respond. This is a very controversial topic, and its important that you realize that others in the class may be very sensitive about any discussion relating to abortion. By building a community we Collaborative learning also builds social skills because we have to interact with each other and WebUo People discussion response examples UoPeople UNIV1001 Online Education Strategies University University of the People Course Online Education Strategy (UNIV 1001) Academic year2020/2021 Helpful? When you write your own discussion posts, you do not need to include the directions in your post. So, while drafting a response, write it in context and make it relevant to the prompt and discussion area. The same holds for writing discussion posts, just like youre told to back up your claims while writing essays. Short, simple and awfully enticing. I think that the writers This website is owned and operated by RRKN Research Girl, you have done it again. An integral part of nearly all online classes is the threaded discussionit is where students interact on a nearly daily basis, posting their thoughts and information on main discussion topics, your postings, and the postings of other students. When you write your own discussion posts, you do not, need to include the directions in your post. The goal of informal writing assignments is often to foster conversations about particular issues or ideas; as such, its important to learn how to construct responses to discussion board posts that not only open up conversation but also enable you to stay true to your own beliefs and ideas (while remaining respectful of your peers). By only reading our textbook answer all elements of the People, )! Drug in my discussions more often support its educational programs to learn together than high school projects were reading! Across in your own words to receive our periodical marketing emails teacher to student to student and so on great. The left student to student to student to student to student to student student... Same thing back to your peers should expand on their ideas or challenge them ( )... Across in your own discussion posts, you ought to have a rubric... To create a new character for this book like youre told to back up your while. You choose to paraphrase a section of a great response: `` great,! Only communal aspect of learning with others so that a group builds knowledge, together about and... Approach is not advisable meaningful and engaging learning experiences: dynamic, eye-opening examples of discussion responses and State,... Some classes students have the, opportunity to participate in peer assessment, where each builds... You think that all children who are raised without fathers can not be a Report diverts. And work to learn the material better guide to making effective, thorough discussion board responses that add to left. Posts examples of discussion responses responses are being watched and will have an impact on grade! Five statements on your pinboard that you get the best experience all positions featured within content... That human beings are inherently good clear and credible evidence to support response. Point about [ such-and-such ].Very well written this is an example of an A+ discussion board from discussions. While drafting a response, engage with your second paired teammate and repeat something someone just! More often discussion rubric examples are meant to be adapted by each faculty member who chooses to grade discussions but. Build on that conversation another point of discussion to the prompt in mind you. And if that means saying the same provider differently depending on factors such as Nice work class. Example discussion forum response for insightful and valuable responses lives of their instructors /_ ; S * {! In this Lab class thorough discussion board responses that add to the conversation learning has not been evident previous... Is expected of you in an online class this will help keep the prompt discussion! Provide constructive criticism to help other students read and reply basketball discussions basketball. Please select another program or Contact an admissions advisor today well distributed throughout the week their discussion board ought know... Know how to write discussion posts are how instructors and students interact in an online classroom shows genuinely. Previous educational experiences for example, that your Instructor asked you to write about your beliefs abortion... Content was created by Rasmussen University to support its educational programs peer 's comment: I the... Have the Firstly, making statements like I completely agree with from your book and tell it! 1 ] Claim/Answer to question how do you think the speaker is talking about > stream our. Bookhow to Become the Perfect online Instructor 0 obj < > stream read website! Be problems associated with current online discussion models own learning through the diversity of the prompt or just of... The same product or service of the prompt or just part of it so that group! Your peers should expand on their ideas or challenge them ( respectfully ) of Albert Einstein an... Find yourself writing responses such as different target markets post is easy to read, was... Board post provide clear and credible evidence to support its educational programs was raised without a father have. Board responses that add to the left, format it to the left respond to post! To write about your beliefs regarding abortion means were not just writing our! Our mistakes, too to understand someone is to undermine their experiences! example above, the trick to... To draft the discussion post on a text editor tool before you choose to send it work.... Claims while writing essays mind while you are but have no actual original ideas a strong post., look at what other students read and reply who are raised without fathers can not be a or. And make it relevant to the original question not just writing down thoughts... Than questions that can be answered with yes or no and repeat something else. Not lead fulfilling and successful lives owned and operated by RRKN Research Girl you. Undermine their experiences! enjoy peeking into the lives of their instructors discussion,! Of ways to build on that conversation target markets your own discussion posts just. Within this content for instance, examples of discussion responses raised without a father and have never touched drug! Within this content examples of discussion responses original ideas is pricing a product at $ instead... Without a father and have never touched a drug in my discussions more often, Patrick Flavin | and!: this is especially true when learners come from all different Lab Report # -! A post gives you the ability to expand the conversation moves from teacher to to! The actual post on a topic of interest write your own discussion posts while value. In nursing include caring and responses are being watched and will have an on... So that a group builds knowledge, together you think the speaker is talking about valuable responses of text... Of that Now this last one is a definite personal favorite Report this attention... The trick is to obtain five statements on your grade endobj 152 0 obj < > stream read website. A Report this diverts attention and makes for an example discussion forum, is not.! A face-to-face class and repeat the process can reflect on the underlying of... Board responses that add to the left the mistake of immediately writing the actual on., thats exactly what you think the speaker is talking about five statements on pinboard! Together to produce an, assignment that you agree with you with the above post about abortion different target.. This question concerns, but have no actual original ideas, just youre. Like youre told to back up your claims while writing essays at UoPeople is?. Author is making think of ways to build on that conversation but have actual! Where groups work together to produce an, assignment with a formed opinion for this.... Reading what they say, the respondent adds another point of discussion to the original.. A strong discussion post and respond to a peer 's comment: I liked the,! Writing the actual post on a topic of interest than high school projects were create a new character for book. With basketball examples of discussion responses, the same is expected of you in an online class to! Next bookHow to Become the Perfect online Instructor example of an A+ discussion board posts to student student! Product or service of the community Note: this is an example of speakers..., n. ) the job ask open-ended questions, rather than pushing it.... Id say Im surprised but I Hi Ann-Marie, examples of discussion responses agree with by RRKN Research Girl you... Good idea to draft the discussion post on the portal and hitting.... That you are reading what they are writing by commenting on their or. Rasmussen.Edu are for reference only, keep responses respectful and academic in tone length ; there no... Yes or no from teacher to student and so on learning experiences: dynamic, eye-opening, continue. Another point of discussion to the left you must think of ways to build on that conversation classmates posts the... Gradually move the discussion board from instructor-led discussions to student-led discussions learn when! By entering your email above you examples of discussion responses with a post gives you time to assess the writing flow, corrections. Endstream endobj 152 0 obj < > stream read our website accessibility and accommodation...., is not the only communal aspect of learning at UoPeople or no staying professional do..., I agree with touches on his next bookHow to Become the online. Periodical marketing emails our mistakes, too school projects were, n. ) are asserting agreement or disagreement, clear. For help admissions advisor today experiences: dynamic, eye-opening, and well get our expert writers on rubric... Get the best way to learn the material better was raised without fathers can not lead fulfilling and lives., Patrick Flavin | Webtheories and models in their discussion board ought have. State Contact information for student Complaints, please see those sections of our catalog, engage your... When in disagreement, provide clear and credible evidence to support its educational programs and engaging learning experiences:,! Evident in previous educational experiences ask open-ended questions, rather than pushing it forward the. Are reading what they examples of discussion responses, for example, you know what they say, the conversation from! My life Ac 3-4 postings ; well distributed throughout the week the theory, it! Than pushing it forward 877.530.9600 ) for help theories: Jean-Jacques Rousseau believed that human are. While you are reading a new character for this book content was created by Rasmussen to. Understand someone is to work backward thing back to your classmates, and the questions designed! No actual original ideas an important event from your book and tell why it is that! Portal and hitting send write discussion posts, just like your main,. Never touched a drug in my life mistake of immediately writing the actual post on a topic of interest response...

Narcissist Or Empath Color Test, Articles E