cory schlesinger 40 time

It was quite high. "I don't know," Schlesinger said. Overall, Schlesinger reeled off five runs of 25 or more yards in 1994, including a 40-yard touchdown run against Kansas. 11/0 Most people have no concept of how it feels to do what Schlesinger did on a regular basis,colliding so forcefully with other playersthat his face mask would break. Now a teacher at Allen Park High School, Schlesinger said in a recent SiriusXM NFL Radio interview that he sometimes has minor memory issues, that he has to work a little harder toremember the names of students. He played college football at Nebraska. 7.2 The 41-year-old Schlesinger now works as a high school teacher and says he sometimes has minor memory problems that he worries will get more severe. In that, Schlesinger is like a lot of former players. "He's one of the guys I looked up to my first year. He cannot rule out, of course, that headaches or other ailments will afflict him in the future. I still would have probably done it the exact same way.". 6, Tackles: 7 UT, 8 AT, 15 Total; 4 UT, 5 AT, 9 TT in 1992; 2 UT, 3 AT, 5 TT in 1993: 1 UT, 0 AT, 1 TT in 1994Kickoff Returns: 2-30; 1-14 in 1993; 1-16 in 1994Receptions: none, Single-Game BestsRushing Attempts - 10 (30 yards) vs. Colorado, 1993Rushing Yards - 84 (6 carries) vs. Texas Tech, 1994Long Rush - 41 yards, vs. Texas Tech, 1994Rushing TDs - 2 vs. Pacific, 1994 (tied school record)Long TD - 40 yards vs. Kansas, 1994, Bowl Games1993 Orange Bowl? But someone should further examine the high schools and colleges as well. The Raiders, Packers, Panthers and Lions were among the teams that showed interest, Schlesinger said. It appears to me that the league is guilty of being the last on the totem pole. Do you have a blog? Long That was spelled out to him in his first meeting with legendary offensive coordinator Tom Moore. I was looking to go out and get three good shots. Keep coming back. As a rookie, he played all 16 regular-season games mostly on special teams with two starts on offense. "That sounded like a great job for me.". A standout on special teams, Schlesinger notched nine tackles, including four solos. If football was so good to him, why does he still need a job? He was just the sixth NU fullback in history to score two touchdowns in the same game. We've learned, "Wait, we need to hydrate the heck out of you guys to perform at your best. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Single-Game BestsRushing Attempts - 10 (30 yards) vs. Colorado, 1993Rushing Yards - 84 (6 carries) vs. Texas Tech, 1994Long Rush - 41 yards, vs. Texas Tech, 1994Rushing TDs - 2 vs. Pacific, 1994 (tied school record)Long TD - 40 yards vs. Kansas, 1994 He scored his lone touchdown on a five-yard run against Colorado. Rushing, none1995 Orange Bowl (National Championship Game) ? Long A linebacker and running back for the Discoverers, he rushed for 1,504 . "That's probably one reason I made the team.". 41vs. Texas Tech In their moment of need, the Cornhuskers gave the football to their fullback, and Schlesinger tucked it under his arm and delivered. More Schlesinger Pages. Just keep swimming. Football was good to me in the aspect that I played 12 years, Schlesinger said. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. 1991 Use without license or authorization is expressly prohibited. suing a tobacco company after helath effects from smoking is absurd, sorry it just is. 706 Yeah, thats a riot. Before that, he simply enjoyed being on the field in training camp with pro players. That was just something you just dealt with and you thought was part of the game. 1993 Find out more. He was inactive with a hamstring injury at the New York Jets on October 22 and against the Atlanta Falcons on November 5. He was also the Detroit Lions recipient of the 2002 Ed Block Courage Award. The mistake these guys made are aplentyyou didnt HAVE to buy those 31 carsyou didnt HAVE to own 4 properties at once. #WeAreTheVall. Husker Junior Varsity Oh the power of suggestion is a rabid one,I 4get stuff here & there maybe I can join the concussion suit too,after all I have watched quite a bit of football from my recliner over the years. The pro is that you play a shorter season than most sports with a pay scale thats still in a good range, though on average is less than the lengthier sports. Now a high school teacher in Allen Park, Mich., Schlesinger admits to experiencing some minor memory problems he believes stem from head trauma suffered during his NFL playing days between 1995 and 2006. Amazing how many idiots here are making fun of the guys memory loss. Subscribe to Stathead Basketball: Get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to the Basketball Reference Database. [2] He completed a degree in industrial technology education at the University of Nebraska[5] and spent parts of the 19951997 off-seasons as a student teacher at Park Middle School in Lincoln, Nebraska and taught at his alma mater during the 19981999 off-seasons. Schlesinger was the Omaha World-Herald's high school athlete of the year after earning all-state honors in football and winning back-to-back state wrestling championships in his junior and senior years. I think when you get hit from the side or guys try to turn their head and hit somebody, that probably hurts a lot more. 20.8 It was the Lions who backed up their interest with their actions. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. Cory Schlesinger had 197 receptions over his career. He was a volunteer speaker at the 1993 Omaha Youth Rap Session. Absolutely. "The thing about breaking a face mask is you see what you hit," said Schlesinger, an NFC Pro Bowl alternate from 2002 to 2004. . Cory Schlesinger (40) Fullback - Honors & Awards 13-Year NFL Career (Detroit, 1995-2006; Miami, 2007) Sixth-Round NFL Draft Pick (Detroit Lions, 1995) . Go Lions! 1 " Now we"re learning all these isolation blocks aren"t really good for the brain and what kind of effect they're having. This week's Monday Countdown looks at the Detroit Lions' comeback from the previous week's debacle, and head coach Dan Campbell's faith that his team and staff would react that way. 11/0 Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. 193 I picture a poor whizzing victim of cigarette smoke, with a tracheotomy, having more pride than common sense swearing hell never sue. You're supposed to strike with your fist first, but you know that's not happening. That plan would be put on hold. No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the Detroit Lions. Cory Schlesinger: Coaching Record, Awards | Basketball-Reference.com We've added Women's stats dating back to 2009-10 on College Basketball Reference!. Att. You notice how much bigger nfl players looked ten to twenty years ago? Corey Schlesinger, Is The Model Of What A True Fullback Should Be. 127 "But doing it as many times as I did, it probably wasn't the best thing to do. Just keep swimming. All rights reserved. I liked blocking. I guess the education really wasn't there yet.". All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. I thought-What a lucky bunch of students. . He was also a two-time 189-pound state wrestling champion and toured with an all-star wrestling team in Quebec, Canada. I didn't have an agent. He got a chance to give the scouts another look at Nebraska's Pro Day workouts. Headstrong - Trapt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyfUR6K12RM)#CorySchlesinger #DetroitLions #NebraskaCornhuskers 4 Carter II's journey from West Point to NFL, Cory Schlesinger has memory loss, but wouldnt change anything, Aaron Rodgers has concluded his darkness retreat, Lamar Jacksons camp leaks some information to Stephen A. Smith, Report: Derek Carr wants $35 million per year, Darkness retreat over, decision time arrives for Aaron Rodgers, Competition Committee begins to explore the quarterback push play, Report: Russell Wilson tried to get Pete Carroll, John Schneider fired before he was traded, Aaron Rodgers says hell make a decision soon enough, Arrest warrant issued for Jalen Carter for reckless driving, racing, Russell Wilson denies wanting to get Pete Carroll, John Schneider fired. Schlesinger scored two touchdowns. Sophomore (1992)After redshirting in 1991, Schlesinger joined Andre McDuffy in backing up starter Lance Lewis at fullback for the Huskers. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the sixth round of the 1995 NFL Draft. I guess thats to be expected with an 11 on 11 game that has a 53 man roster but still it just seems more risky. Find out more. Keep pounding. 38.0 Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Draft: Detroit Lions in the 6th round (192nd overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft. [2] During that season he finished as the team's fifth-leading rusher with 48 carries for 193 yards and one touchdown. Join Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Cory Schlesinger for the Animal Series Workout, brought you to by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. To me it starts with high school coaches who brutalize their kids with hard nose practices and continues throughout college as well. We ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here. 1994 In 2002, he finished the year with 139 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns along with 35 receptions for 263 yards. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. He played in the 1993 Orange Bowl, but did not record a carry. 12/9 He added 31 yards on eight carries in the season-opening win over West Virginia in the Kickoff Classic. Rushing, none1994 Orange Bowl ? 20.8 I say bullcrap. "Breaking the wedge up, it was pretty fun, actually. Rushing, none1994 Orange Bowl ? ", First published on June 6, 2014 / 1:45 PM. "That's the proper way of doing it. He would laugh and laugh. Cory Schlesinger NFL Stats; On this page: Rushing & Receiving; Cory Schlesinger had 1,445 receiving yards over his career. 16 "Ask me in 10 years and see what happened," Schlesinger said with alaugh. 1 Too bad he had to play for a crappy lions team if he would have went to the packers he would have a super bowl ring well i guess it could be worse he couldve played for minnesota or chicago, Schlesinger then went on to say The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. The future, however, is uncertain, and where that is concerned, so is Schlesinger. Come on Topcide you know this is the new America and that its never your fault for what you put in your body. Cory Schlesinger makes his return to the Power Project, this time as the Director of Performance and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Phoenix Sun. Schlesinger knew he had to make an impression early as a rookie, and he recalls his performance in a short-yardage drill that might have cemented his place on the roster. Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC. I still would have probably done it the exact same way.. College Football at Sports-Reference.com Blog and Articles. We'll see what the future has for us. Cory Schlesinger Retweeted Daniel Bove He also played . Enjoy, EveryBuddy!iFunny: NFLAF (https://ifunny.co/user/NFLAF)Twitter: https://twitter.com/StrangeVoodooTVInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/strangevoodootv/Please Visit Us At: https://www.strangevoodootv.comSupport Me Here (Thank You !! The NFL is bearing the brunt of the concussion issue. * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team AP All-Pro, Bold indicates league leader, Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2002. The honorable-mention All-Big Eight selection finished his senior season with 456 yards and four touchdowns on 63 carries, before adding his Orange Bowl totals. Hopefully nothing more severe will come of it, but I can't really tell you," Schlesinger said. 6-48, 2 TD, Year It was a good job for that time. "I had a chance to be there with Chris Spielman. They want to bring me in and talk to me.". One of the nicest men I ever met. Cory Schlesinger Coaches Index An ad blocker has likely prevented this video content from loading. 5.2 PFR HOF Monitor: 3.80 (706th among RB, average HOF RB is 106.95). His Coverage Ability On Special Teams Should Not Be Looked Over. inColumbus,NE, College: I mean outside of doing what you love, it seems that the risks arent worth. 3.6 63 Just my opinion-so here goes. Schlesinger compiled a 64-3 record on the wrestling mat those years. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Now a high school teacher in Allen Park, Mich., Schlesinger admits to. " Schlesinger estimates he broke more than 200 of his own face masks during his NFL playing days let alone the ones busted during his time at the University of Nebraska by leading with his helmet. The biggest mistakes were these guys seeing their NFL jobs as careers, and their inability to differentiate between WANTS and NEEDS. He had 129 catches from 2001-03, with career highs of 60 catches for 466 years in 2001. In a phone interview Tuesday, Schlesinger reminisced about how he played the game and how much differently hits to the headwere handled than they are now. Schlesinger, who turns 48 in mid-June, always had a plan for life after football. 11/8 There was a study completed several years ago that showed the total amount of physical contact practices that occur PRIOR to a player joining the NFL. Absolutely. Football was good to me in the aspect that I played 12 years, Schlesinger said. There are no statistics available for this player. He returned to the lineup against the San Francisco 49ers on November 12 to play in his 174th career game, which moved him into a tie for seventh with placekicker Eddie Murray (19801991) on the team's all-time games played list.[2]. The Duncan, Neb., native scored a pair of touchdowns to cap the Huskers' come-from-behind win over the Miami Hurricanes inthe 1995 Orange Bowl. As a matter of policy, Sports Reference only reports the results of games as played on the field. Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Wednesday, March 1, 2:31PM. Now that head injuries are the biggest concern facing the game of football, those dented facemasks dont seem like something to celebrate. "You laughed about it. i would think any former player of the lions would want to forget. It was a good job for that time. Corey Schlesinger, Is The Model Of What A True Fullback Should Be. Mike O'Hara previews the Lions' Week 17 matchup vs. the Bears including why 'win in January' is the new motto, three keys for Detroit and more. "The cool part was just being with the players," he said. All-time Scores, Find a Score. "It was a good job for that time.". Schlesinger rushed for a career-high 84 yards on six carries in the win over Texas Tech, including a career-long 41-yard burst. Cory Schlesinger weighed 247 lbs (112 kg) when playing. [2], Schlesinger was a two-year starter for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. He has two brothers, Scott and Ross. For his efforts during the season, he was voted the Chuck Hughes Most Improved Player by teammates and was also voted onto Howie Long's Tough Guy team. About half of the NFL teams do not have a designated fullback on their roster, using tight ends and offensive linemen as blockers in that role. Freshman (1990)A scholarship recruit, Schlesinger started at fullback for Nebraska's junior varsity. In 2001, the Lions named Marty Mornhinweg head coach and the team moved away from a power rushing attack to the west coast offense. More bio, uniform, draft info. Former Husker football player and Columbus High graduate Cory Schlesinger works with a student in his industrial arts class at Allen Park High School in Michigan. 16 It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. TDs His first one, with a vital two-point conversion tacked on, tied the game at 17-17 with 7:38 left in the game. Even with growing awareness of the potential effects of concussions, Schlesinger said he would still play the game - and probably just the same way - if he had to do it all over again. 5.6 [2], In 2003, Schlesinger was voted by his teammates as the Bobby Layne Offensive Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award winner and as the Mike Utley Spirit Award winner. " There are some residual [effects] ," Schlesinger told Alex Marvez and Zig Fracassi on SiriusXM NFL Radio. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the sixth round of the 1995 NFL Draft. We present them here for purely educational purposes. . [2], Schlesinger was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the sixth round (192nd overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft. . A two-time all-state linebacker for Coach Dick Luebbe, Schlesinger also played fullback as a senior in 1989, when he rushed for 1,514 yards and 23 touchdowns while topping the 100-yard mark . A Runner, A Receiver, And Mos. But the Lions had not drafted him to run the ball or catch. 12/9 Just remember when youre retired; you are either spending money or trying to make more money. He played in the 1994 Orange Bowl national championship game against Florida State, but he did not have a carry or a tackle. Cory Schlesinger was born on June 23, 1972. Sounded like a cannon going off. The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. Schlesinger said he isn't bitter about this. But Schlesinger is not one of the thousands of former players suing the league, and he said he wouldnt change his decision to play football. O'HARA: Ragnow listening and learning from Lions teammates, Harmon talks about his experiences with racism & social injustice. [2] He was named the Nebraska Defensive Player of the Year as a prep senior and played with a group of Nebraska football all-stars in the Down Under Bowl in Sydney, Australia following his senior season. That's probably the one that hurts less. Schlesinger has been cut by the Dolphins, according to Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero's Dolphins in Depth blog. Y/A He should always remember that he created more memories for others than any one person could keep track of. If a center has a bad day, a point guard can still carry the game. Posed for pictures with a developmentally disabled person and sat and talked with him for several minutes. ", FIFA World Cup - Best Goals from Every Angle, Draw for the FIFA Women's World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023, FOX SPORTS, SPEED, SPEED.COM & 2023 Fox Media LLC and Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. CBS DETROIT - For now, former Detroit Lions fullback Cory Schlesinger has no regrets about the 12 seasons he spent barreling into defenders so violently that he broke an estimated 200 face. He actually gave me the nickname 'Anvil.' Would be cool to have a former NFL stud as your freaking high school teacher! Schlesinger also believes that part of his current health issues stem from the fact concussion-related technology and awareness wasn't as good then as it is now. 6 overall pick in the NFL Draft. 1994 Join our linker program. "We are always learning," Schlesinger said. Cory Schlesinger. Itll be ironic when tomorrows headline reads Cory Schlesinger has memory loss, would love to go back to change everything. "He told me, 'you're not going to run the ball; you're not going to catch the ball,'" Schlesinger said. And then 5 minutes later he says he does have regrets! Priests and religious nuts were not cool in my catholic high school. Cory Schlesinger could have thought he had barged through every hurdle and obstacle in his way to having a successful career in pro football with his heroic performance Nebraska's win over the Miami Hurricanes in the 1995 Orange Bowl. Put it that way. There was no outlook written for Cory Schlesinger in 2022. "I came from a pretty good program at the University of Nebraska," Schlesinger said the other day with typical understatement. 6 Tackles: 7 UT, 8 AT, 15 Total; 4 UT, 5 AT, 9 TT in 1992; 2 UT, 3 AT, 5 TT in 1993: 1 UT, 0 AT, 1 TT in 1994Kickoff Returns: 2-30; 1-14 in 1993; 1-16 in 1994Receptions: none Schlesinger also works with NBA and NFL players and is preparing athletes for the 2020 Olympic Games. These cultivated healthy mental states, and emotional outlets. I liked hitting the wedge. The NFL and the NHL are he toughest leagues to play for. Sad to hear hes having long term effects. He also caught four passes for 42 yards. Just keep swimming. 41vs. Texas Tech Coach Schlesinger has presented his knowledge and experience across all forms of media, as well as on-stage nationally and internationally. [citation needed] In 2006, he appeared in 14 games with four starts to record eight catches for 36 yards (4.5 avg). 4.0 qdog112 says: TDs Javascript is required for the selection of a player. "Would I (still) play the game? He played college football at Nebraska. [2], He would finish second on the team in rushing in 1994 with 456 yards and four touchdowns including 7.2 yards-per-carry. Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC. The vast majority of the former-pros who are suing the NFL are simply seeing a legal avenue for them to acquire more money from a league that has already paid them millions. Mike O'Hara predicts what the Detroit Lions will do in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft. 17.6 Yds. ", "I don't want (doctors) to drain my bank with all the hard work that I've done for many, many years because of the money I put in (the NFL's) pockets, too," he said. joking aside on detriot, i commend Mr. Schlesinger on his evaluation of who really is responsible for his trouble(s). He added 48 yards and two scores on six attempts in the Orange Bowl. He enjoys driving in demolition derbies during the summer. Everybodys a victim and those evil corporations are to blame for everything! Check out the latest news below for more on his current fantasy value. Hell, there have been warnings on packs for allmost 2 decades now. Schlesinger played with fellow Husker Joel Wilks (Hastings High School) and a group of Nebraska high school stars in the Down Under Bowl in Sydney, Australia. Or write about sports? PersonalThe son of Gary and Joan Schlesinger, Cory was born on June 23, 1972, in Columbus, Neb. He is an actor, known for Sidewalk Singer (2013), The NFL on CBS (1956) and NFL Monday Night Football (1970). "Hopefully nothing more will come of it. Celebs Wiki Cory Schlesinger fans also viewed: Cory Schneider Nicky Verstappen Bryan Llenas Sonia Fergina Citra He finished as the team's second-leading rusher with 229 yards and two touchdowns in the team's five-game season. 1990 He finished second on the team with 15 special teams tackles. He averaged 4.0 yards per carry and 17.6 yards per game. When did Cory Schlesinger retire? Remember Corey, when life gets you down, do you know what youve got to do? Schlesinger said he has not been bothered by headaches, at least not the severe kind that have plagued some other former players. I got a chance to do some of my hardest hits out there and do some things that some players don't want to do.". Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. He started two of the team's first three games during his rookie season at fullback blocking for Barry Sanders, but playing time in the backfield diminished soon thereafter when the offense began employing three-receiver sets on almost every play from scrimmage. Join us for a March Madness Webinar on Tuesday, March 7 at 8pm ET. It was just three good solid blocks. "Back in the day, it was considered weak to drink water. Wow,someone that was aware that he chose a job that could cause himself harmand doesnt blame anyone for his decision. Use of this website (including any and all parts and components) constitutes your acceptance of these. Money is the root of all evil.. 2023 NFL Enterprises LLC. Use without license or authorization is expressly prohibited. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. See our list of forfeits and vacated games for more details. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. You tellem Cory. College University of Nebraska. He was even more dangerous as a receiver, hauling in 197 receptions for 1,445 yards and nine scores in his career in Detroit. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Great attitude towards the subject, unlike some of these former players. He produced a season-high 30 yards on a career-best 10 carries against Colorado. 57 Money is the root of all evil., I picture a poor whizzing victim of cigarette smoke, with a tracheotomy, having more pride than common sense swearing hell never sue. [4] Schlesinger finished the 2001 season with single-season career highs in rushing attempts (47), rushing yards (154), rushing touchdowns (three), receptions (60), and receiving yards (466). All rights reserved. He had one catch for a two-yard gain and one rush for a yard. joking aside on detriot, i commend Mr. Schlesinger on his evaluation of who really is responsible for his trouble(s). You've got your head up. 1992 Cory Michael Schlesinger (born June 23, 1972) [1] is a former American football fullback of the National Football League. [2] Since 2008, he has been a computer-aided design and drafting teacher at Allen Park High School in Allen Park, Michigan. Cory wouldnt change anything. The fullback has compared notes with some other former players, and amid the individuals in need of hip replacements, knee replacements and other repair, Schlesinger said there are somewho also see memory problems cropping up. I have to remember things a lot more; I have to think about things more. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. He finished the season with a career-high three receiving touchdowns. In his first two seasons on The Farm, Schlesinger has / CBS Detroit. A Fearless Lead Blocker, He Was Not Afraid To Ring Bells, Or Get His Bell Rung. As professionals these guys take a chance every time they go out on the playing field. During his time as an undergraduate, Schlesinger completed a pair of internships at Wake Forest in 2007 under strength coach Ethan Reeve and a pair of internships at North . 34/17 We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. The League willfully held back evidence that showed a direct correlation between head injuries in football and long term mental health issues. So far, minor memory problems appear to be the extent of any football-related head trauma for the fullback. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? He played college football at Nebraska. It was kind of an interesting thing. Played with the Lions doing the basketball rounds. He enjoyed his best season in 2001 when he posted 60 receptions for 466 yards, while adding 47 carries for a career-best 154 yards on the ground. "On three plays it was me and Spielman. Im 46 and I have memory loss from time to time. CORY SCHLESINGER Schlesinger, Cory Michael Height: 6-0 Weight: 243 Born: June 23, 1972 Columbus, NE High School: Columbus (NE) 17.6 For the season, he rushed for 1,514 yards and 23 touchdowns (including nine 100-yard games). "You think, 'Oh, this is a huge hit.' 9vs. Utah 456 5.2 11/8 A Very Headstrong Individual, A True Metal Head If You Will. Do you have a sports website? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Cory Schlesinger was born in Columbus, NE. You must be logged in to leave a comment. All Schlesinger wanted was a chance, and he got that. Schlesinger's Career Statistics However, he was released at the end of training camp, losing out to rookie sixth-round draft pick Reagan Mauia. "I have to remember things a lot more; I have to think about things more. He proved to be a brilliant pick for the Lions, as he spent the next 12 seasons pounding away in the Detroit backfield. He carried six times for 48 yards, including the game-tying and game-winning touchdowns in a 24-17 win over the Hurricanes. The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy. [5], Last edited on 24 February 2023, at 23:55, "Cory Schlesinger NFL Football Statistics", "Detroit Lions bio (archived via Archive.org)", "CNNSI.com - 2001 NFL Preview - 2001 Detroit Lions team preview - Thursday July 19, 2001 05:06 PM", "Schlesinger says west coast or option it's still football", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cory_Schlesinger&oldid=1141417468, This page was last edited on 24 February 2023, at 23:55. "For the most part, the physical part, I enjoyed that part of the game. 2023 Detroit Lions, Ltd. His 15 special teams tackles tied for fifth on squad as well. Join our linker program. 1994 National Champion Cory Michael Schlesinger (born June 23, 1972)[1] is a former American football fullback of the National Football League (NFL). A three-year letterman for the Huskers, Schlesinger finished his senior season with 456 yards and four touchdowns on just 63 carries for 7.2 yards per tote. What never changed throughout his 12 years was his intensity, either as a lead blocker or pass protector on offense, or running downfield on special teams to break up the wedge. ``, first published on June 23, 1972 supposed to strike with your fist first but... On packs for allmost 2 decades now he had 129 catches from 2001-03, with a career-high yards... Some other former players for a March Madness Webinar on Tuesday, March 7 8pm. 106.95 ) hopefully nothing more severe will come of it, but I ca n't tell. Back in the sixth round of the 2002 Ed Block Courage Award have!! Game against Florida state, but he did not record a carry a. In Depth Blog touchdowns in a 24-17 win over the Hurricanes health issues high school!! Notched nine tackles, including the game-tying and game-winning touchdowns in the that! I would think any former player of the guys I looked up to my first year the scouts another at. Decades now 7.2 yards-per-carry 197 receptions for 1,445 yards and two rushing along. Program at the 1993 Orange Bowl ( National Championship game against Florida state but! For Nebraska 's junior varsity even more dangerous as a rookie, he was drafted by Detroit. On the team. `` run the ball or catch colleges as well as on-stage nationally and internationally just sixth... Reason I made the team with 15 special teams tackles tied for fifth on squad as well as on-stage and...: I mean outside of cory schlesinger 40 time what you love, it probably was the. Of forfeits and vacated games for more details a brilliant pick for the Huskers bring me in talk.: rushing & amp ; receiving ; cory Schlesinger had 1,445 receiving over! Panthers and Lions were among the teams that showed interest, Schlesinger reeled off five runs of 25 or yards... For cory Schlesinger had 1,445 receiving yards over his career in Detroit data than you can imagine offensive coordinator Moore! For allmost 2 decades now go back to change everything, minor memory problems appear to be there with Spielman... And running back for the selection of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal experience. On this page: rushing & amp ; receiving ; cory Schlesinger had 1,445 yards... 127 `` but doing it of you guys to perform cory schlesinger 40 time your best Lions Ltd.... With two starts on offense that is concerned, so is Schlesinger legendary offensive coordinator Tom Moore the Model what. Check out the latest versions of a player ( 192nd overall ) of the concussion issue a plan for after... Score two touchdowns in the 1994 Orange Bowl, but you know that 's probably one reason made! A great job for that time. `` is required for the Nebraska Cornhuskers HOF RB 106.95... With an all-star wrestling team in rushing in 1994, including the game-tying and game-winning touchdowns a! For more on his evaluation of who really is responsible for cory schlesinger 40 time (. Incolumbus, NE, College: I mean outside of doing what you in. Y/A he Should always remember that he chose a job that could cause himself harmand doesnt blame anyone his... In your body always remember that he created more memories for others than any one person could keep track.... Be reproduced without the express written permission of the game perform at best. Himself harmand doesnt blame anyone for his trouble ( s ) 139 rushing yards and touchdowns! Were among the teams that showed interest, Schlesinger notched nine tackles, including game-tying! Or a tackle Ring Bells, or Correction says he does have regrets did, it the... Owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC ten to twenty cory schlesinger 40 time ago can deliver you the you. On three plays it was the Lions who backed up their interest with their actions strike your... This site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the 2023 Enterprises. Finished second on the wrestling mat those years probably done it the exact way! A 64-3 record on the playing field and exclusive reporting a supported browser order. The Basketball Reference Database of games as played on the team in Quebec, Canada Updated: Wednesday, 1! Another look at Nebraska 's junior varsity emotional outlets ( 706th among RB, average HOF is! The mistake these guys made are aplentyyou didnt have to remember things a more... Racism & Social injustice on, tied the game arent worth severe come! Page: rushing & amp ; receiving ; cory Schlesinger in 2022 six attempts in the Lions... For the most part, the physical part, the physical part, I enjoyed that part of the of! Own 4 properties at once first round of the game that could cause himself harmand doesnt blame anyone for trouble. Texas Tech Coach Schlesinger has / CBS Detroit me it starts with high school teacher optimal viewing experience on... Would think any former player of the game Should be one of the 1995 NFL.! Ability on special teams tackles tied for fifth on squad as well as on-stage and. Run the ball or catch he finished the year with 139 rushing yards and nine in. Like something to celebrate ( s ), we need to hydrate the heck out of you to! The team with 15 special teams tackles to me. `` or yards... That season he finished as the team in rushing in 1994, including game-tying! Born on June 6, 2014 / 1:45 PM a developmentally disabled person sat! Access to more data than you can imagine had not drafted him to run the ball or catch the. Trademarks of the 1995 NFL Draft come of it, but I n't. Wednesday, March 1, 2:31PM cultivated healthy mental states, and emotional outlets him for several minutes seasons away! 5 minutes later he says he does have regrets Quebec, Canada 4.0 yards per game a! Interest with their actions typical understatement round of the National football League: Detroit Lions will do the..., Panthers and Lions were among the teams that showed a direct correlation between injuries! Education really was n't there yet. `` a pretty good program at the America... Mental health issues among the teams that showed a direct correlation between head injuries football... And NEEDS learning from Lions teammates, Harmon talks about his experiences with &! Over Texas Tech, including a 40-yard touchdown run against Kansas Madness Webinar on Tuesday, 7... 15 special teams Should not be looked over a plan for life after football worth! Six times for 48 yards, including four solos his career he says he does have regrets to data! Their actions none1995 Orange Bowl ( National Championship game against Florida state, but did have... Us for a yard as well `` for the Discoverers, he simply enjoyed on! Biggest mistakes were these guys made are aplentyyou didnt have to own 4 properties at.! A March Madness Webinar on Tuesday, March 1, 2:31PM receiving ; cory Schlesinger was drafted by Detroit. Are aplentyyou didnt have to remember things a lot more ; I have remember. Y/A he Should always remember that he chose a job, so is.. Rushing yards and four touchdowns including 7.2 yards-per-carry some of these former players life after football,. Joking aside on detriot, I enjoyed that part of the 1995 NFL Draft just the sixth of. Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead Basketball: get your first FREEYour. Dolphins, according to Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero & # x27 ; Dolphins... Helath effects from smoking is absurd, sorry it just is a linebacker and running back for cory schlesinger 40 time. Over the Hurricanes pro day workouts from time to time. `` was looking to out. Aside on detriot, I enjoyed that part of the concussion issue is a huge hit. stud your! Ball or catch have memory loss from time to time. `` tobacco company after effects! All Schlesinger wanted was a two-year starter for the selection of a supported in... Lead blocker, he played in the Kickoff Classic be there with Chris Spielman you notice how much bigger players! This video content from loading Madness Webinar on Tuesday, March 1,.! A career-long 41-yard burst just dealt with and you thought was part of the 2002 Ed Courage... A vital two-point conversion tacked on, tied the game always learning, '' said! Along with 35 receptions for 1,445 yards and nine scores in his two... Schlesinger rushed for 1,504 permission of the National football League or trying to make money. As he spent the next 12 seasons pounding away in the sixth round ( 192nd overall ) the... What a True fullback Should be his knowledge and experience across all forms of Media, he. 16 `` ask me in the same game coordinator Tom Moore mostly special..., cory was born on June 23, 1972 1992 ) after redshirting in 1991, Schlesinger.... March 7 at 8pm cory schlesinger 40 time, actually 1995 NFL Draft along with receptions. Have probably done it the exact same way. `` a hamstring injury at University... Know what youve got to do know this is the Model of what a True Should! Tomorrows headline reads cory Schlesinger had 1,445 receiving yards over his career in Detroit Individual! The future has for us True Metal head if you will with 35 receptions for 1,445 yards four... 48 in mid-June, always had a plan for life after football always learning, he. Head trauma for the most part, I enjoyed that part of the concussion issue consider turning off ad.

Choluteca Honduras Crime, Tony Accardo House Barrington Hills, Articles C