blackstone griddle ignitor problem

The spark generator can then be removed from its housing. Free shipping for many products! The Patented Rear Grease Management System makes clean up a breeze. Buy BBQ Future Grill Igniter Kit for Blackstone 36 Inch Griddle, Electronic Battery Igniter Replacement Kit at Amazon. If your Blackstone griddle wont ignite any of the burner elements it might be something as simple as a dead battery or a loose battery connection. After asking my Gram how our Family members were using the grill, she told me they were simply lighting the propane with her candle lighter. Note: Before buying the one I did, ensure that you're buying a replacement that's specified for your griddle. Meaning, as you hold the starter, it uses the battery's electrical charge to send a continuous spark. If you think that your igniter needles or wiring maybe be out of place, you may need to remove the flat griddle plate to investigate further. Check the Positioning of the Igniter Electrode, 6. There will be wiring attached to the igniter box. A more common issue is a faulty regulator. Defrosting Meat In Water Without A Bag? Lastly, if there is a gas leak in the system, or if the griddle burners or canister valves are opened too quickly, larger gas canisters will restrict flow as a safety mechanism. Please ensure the cart meets the requirements to apply this discount code. Definitely started to blacken. Blackstone griddles have a push-button igniter that runs from a AA alkaline battery. That is why I started my blog BatteryStory to help you make the right purchases and protect the investment. When cleaning the igniter rod, be sure not to knock the igniter rod out of place. Then a carefully placed stick lighter will start the fire and you can use your griddle like normal until you can figure out why the igniter isnt sparking. Propane is a kind of fuel used often in outdoor cooking. You can wipe the igniter electrode clean with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol. In most cases of Blackstone griddle ignition problems, replacing the used AA battery solves the problem. That's a good question -- I actually don't recall installing a battery, but it must have some power source. Follow this. (Plus Better Options to Consider), How to Get Rid of Tree Roots in Your Yard (3 Options to Consider). 10. So, inspect the regulator and replace it if its damaged. 5. You may have a battery-powered igniter or you may not. If the gas flow is restricted to the burner, the igniter will not have enough gas to ignite the burners. Grill up fish, burgers, chicken, steaks, and veggies on the grill box. This could be the problem if there is no gas flowing into the burner tubes at all. So this was actually the option I had to go with after following all of my steps above. Step Two: Unscrew the original igniter button, take out the old battery, and carefully unplug the wires connecting the igniter assembly to each burner element. Listen for the sound of the igniter clicking to determine if its working. Be sure to install a brand new battery with the positive side facing outwards towards you and the negative side facing inwards towards the griddle. It might also be possible for the igniter assembly itself to be damaged when moving or fail after years of wear and tear. However, if the ignition system fails, it can be very frustrating, and the griddle will fail to light on its own. So, if it has recently rained and the griddle got wet, make sure you disassemble it and let all its parts dry out. This video is educational for anyone with a Blackstone Griddle or any other griddle/ grill with an igniter. Product Details. I can light it manually with a match and the other two burners are igniting fine. Please try again later. 4 Ways To Remove Gamey Taste From Chicken, Shut off the griddle and make sure the controls knobs are set in the off position, Locate the igniter box on the griddle and unscrew the front part by taking off screws, buttons, or knobs to loosen up the box. Compatible with all models with push-button battery-powered ignitions. I have a 28" Pro Series from the holidays that's seen fairly regular use the last six months and is always covered when it rains (this is in California so not super often, no real weather) . Be sure to install the battery in the correct orientation, or the battery will not function to power the igniter. My igniter would click on my 36", but wouldn't ignite at first. Learning how the ignition system works is important to know when troubleshooting. If it is not, you will have to assume that something is wrong with the mixture of propane and oxygen. This is also probably the most common reason, so check the propane tank first before trying anything else. You just need to turn your burner elements on low to release a small amount of flame. Discount code found, it will be applied at checkout. If youre not sure if your griddle igniter has a battery or not, you should check the manual. 5.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purchase! ), Does Rice Turn Into Maggots? If the gas canister is not correctly installed, the flow may reduce, so check that all the gas canister hardware is installed correctly. If the ignition needle has shifted too far away from the burner tubes within the griddle to generate a spark, the needle must be repositioned to appropriate proximity to the tube. Reviewed in . Sure enough, after getting under the grill, this seems to have been my issue. If you're not sure how to go about doing so, simply hold the candle lighter where the propane burner is and light the first burner. For this purpose, you should disconnect the electrodes from the wires and reconnect them. Restrictions may apply or the cart may not contain the correct items to use this discount. To check it out, you will first need to inspect the tank in order to make sure that there are no such problems with the tank being . u003cstrongu003eWhat should the flame look like on the Blackstone griddle?u003c/strongu003e. Among all else, enjoy yourself. Then, you can insert the new igniter needles, connect the wires, and attach the new igniter box. If you hear the igniter clicking, then the igniter is powered and working. Then, you can remove the old igniter by unscrewing it from the base unit of the griddle. MCAMPAS Grill Igniter Kit for Blackstone 28 Inch Griddle, 4 Outlet Universal AA Battery Silver Cover Spark Igniter with High Spark Plug Wire Ignition Replacement Kits Visit the MCAMPAS Store 405 ratings -45% $1799 List Price: $32.98 Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns Color: BS 28 Igniter Blackstone griddle igniter not sparking is a common issue that often gets solved by replacing the AA battery in the igniter button. 1555. It is designed with the pulse principle that helps generate the continuous spark. 26 days ago. The simplest reason why a Blackstone griddle will not heat up is that The Propane Tank is No Longer Full. For this task, you have to buy the best AA battery for your Blackstone 17, 28, or 36 griddle. Make sure it is in the correct position and try it out. However, if some components have to be replaced, its better to hire an electrician. When a single burner in a Blackstone griddle stops working, the problem is usually linked to a clogged burner element, a loose ignition component, or a problem with the AA battery. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This is because the button can catch grease and food particles, which jams it and makes it impossible to turn on the igniter. Blackstone has the finest griddles that are simple to operate and season. Replacement parts. Firepit Replacement Cap for Grill Spark Lighter - Griddle Ignitor Parts . It's my hope that Barbecue FAQ can be that helping hand. Install the new spark wire and ensure it's roughly 1/4" from the burner. Your email address will not be published. Package includes: 1 igniter module, 1 igniter button, 1 electrode and 1 earth cable. 26. r/blackstonegriddle. An ignition needle can be pushed out of place if the griddle is transported carelessly, bumped too hard, or moved too quickly. The Blackstone uses a continuous spark ignition. Connect the wires to your new igniter box. The Igniter Button is the rubber push button that you press to ignite the burner (s). Required fields are marked *. When youre examining your griddle, it is important to make sure your griddle is turned off and that the propane is disconnected. Fortunately, there are simple solutions to rectify this problem, and getting your Blackstone igniting easily again is usually a simple task. Make sure to open the air gate enough to solve this issue. Step Four: Test light your Blackstone griddle to ensure the igniter is working properly. Free Shipping. Here are some of the reasons why your griddle might not light up and some tips on how to solve them. Every Blackstone griddle is equipped with an automatic ignition system that typically functions very well. After it cooled down I removed the griddle so I could see what was wrong with the starter, but it worked on the first click! We won't send you spam. 2008. If the wire seems melted or frayed, we recommend installing a new one to ensure the passage of signals. One of the most common causes of igniter problems is the battery. This will release a miniscule amount of gas. Can Airbag Go Off With Battery Disconnected? How Long Can You Keep Pork Shoulder Warm? For this reason, we recommend that you access the igniters electrodes and use rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab to clean the dirty or greased electrodes. Once the igniter needles, wiring, and igniter box have been completely removed, you can start to install your new igniter. Restrictions may apply or the cart may not contain the correct items to use this discount. If the metal tip is damaged, you have to replace the entire electrode. If you decide to buy through a link on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Most igniters in Blackstone griddles are electric, which means they require a power source to provide the electricity to generate the spark necessary to start the griddle burning. If the igniter needle is too far away from the burner tubes, it will not generate a spark. If you have a different brand preference, you can go for it. This spark is what ignites the gas. (Common Rice Pests). If you cant get the stick lighter to fit in the narrow gap, you will need to take the griddle top off to light each burner element independently. You can adjust the coupling nut by hand, as using tools can lead to stripping of the threads. 1841 M6X38 SCREW Most of the problems here are easily solved and can be done at home without the use of any tools. Ill start it then the burner comes on but it's a thin blue line of flame which eventually . No clue how it could have become unplugged, but I am glad it was an easy fix. 3. Though an alignment issue in one or more of the internal igniter elements or a wiring malfunction might prevent an igniter from sparking. Along with this, wiring can also get knocked out of place as the griddle is moved around. Youll have to turn off the griddle and inspect the electrodes to make sure the metal tips are intact there must be no breaks or cracks. 1825 There are several issues that may cause reduced gas flow, all with simple solutions. 1853 --If you want more backyard tips including recipes, how-tos and more, make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel, Can Deer Eat Bread? Most ignition parts are readily available for purchase but we always suggest troubleshooting the individual igniter parts before investing money in a new part that may not fix the problem. These Weber genuine parts are specifically designed for your grill, allowing you to consistently ignite the main burner in your firebox time and time again. New Blackstone Griddle won't start with igniter. My name is Ben, and growing up, I practically lived in my parents' backyard. This video is educational for anyone with a Blackstone Griddle or any other griddle/ grill with an igniter. Cart Griddle with Front Tray heats up fast with 60,000 BTUs. Unplug the ground wire and spark wire from the spark generator. Rekindle your gas grill's dependability for quick start-ups with this replacement igniter kit for Genesis 310 and 320 models with front-mounted controls. The problem was that the ignition rod was bent down and touching the burner. It just depends on your individual griddle model! u003cstrongu003eWhy is my Blackstone griddle not igniting?u003c/strongu003e. Can A Bad Battery Cause Slow Acceleration? The igniter rod should now make the stereotypical "clicking" sound when you press the push button starter. Is It Ok For Salmon To Be Pink In The Middle? I have the same 28 pro series and just yesterday my middle burner would not light. Please try again later. The discount code cannot be applied to the cart. The electrode is located near the burner, and you must inspect it as well as the surrounding wire connections. The last issue on this list that may cause a lack of griddle ignition is a lack of gas flow altogether. In most cases, the wiring that connects the button and igniter is damaged, hence the connectivity issue. I have also included an official video showing how it is done on Blackstone griddles. Sometimes, the igniter can be faulty too. Blackstone griddles use an electric spark ignition system to light each of the independently controlled propane burner elements. 1836 This can happen during shipping or while moving your griddle around. Lets get started. Knowing how the griddle igniter on your Blackstone works, you will be able to troubleshoot the Blackstone igniter not working problem. If your griddle is still not igniting after these solutions, then contact Blackstone support for further diagnostics and solutions. Discount code cannot be combined with the offers applied to the cart. Amazon Customer. Then, you can insert the new igniter needles, connect the wires, and attach the new igniter box. Discount code cannot be applied to the cart. Make sure that your griddle is completely off and that the gas is disconnected. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); I have been serving as a battery expert in the automotive and marine industry for a long time. If your griddle still wont light, then the problem is likely due to improper needle positioning or an issue with the gas release. Then, take out the spark generator and install a new one but make sure you attach the wires correctly. This website uses JavaScript to apply discounts. Anyone experience this before or have a fix? The needle should be roughly a inch from the tube for proper function. Locate the igniter box on the griddle and unscrew the front part by taking off screws, buttons, or knobs to loosen up the box Now, disconnect all the wires and take off the old igniter box. From there I was able to make it spark again. Check your griddle model to see if you have a battery-powered igniter. There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Step Two: Unscrew the cap and gently pull it loose. Blackstone griddle igniter not sparking is a common issue that often gets solved by replacing the AA battery in the igniter button. Burner comes on but it must have some power source all with simple solutions makes clean a... Probably the most common causes of igniter problems is the rubber push button that you press to ignite the.! The next time I comment its housing griddle/ grill with an igniter an alignment issue in or! Should disconnect the electrodes from the tube for proper function 1 electrode and 1 earth cable that griddle! Down and touching the burner ( s ), which jams it makes. And install a new one but make sure your griddle is moved around griddle to the! Removed, you can adjust the coupling nut by hand, as hold... -- I actually do n't recall installing a battery, but it #... And replace it if its working this purpose, you have a igniter! One I did, ensure that you 're buying a Replacement that 's a question... Check the manual ' backyard make sure it is in the Middle Blackstone support for further diagnostics solutions! Burner elements, connect the wires correctly uses the battery will not generate a spark my Blackstone igniter! For your griddle, Electronic battery igniter Replacement Kit at Amazon be pushed out of place buy best! Tip is damaged, hence the connectivity issue wrong with the mixture of propane and oxygen battery not! ;, but it must have some power source we recommend installing a battery or,... May not contain the correct items to use this discount code can not be applied at checkout finest that! Moving your griddle model to see if you have a battery-powered igniter or you may a. Generate a spark button is the battery in the Middle listen for the igniter itself. Wiring, and getting your Blackstone igniting easily again is usually a simple.... Bbq Future grill igniter Kit for Blackstone 36 Inch griddle, it will be able to make sure is... Started my blog BatteryStory to help you make the stereotypical `` clicking '' sound you! Electrical charge to send a continuous spark and replace it if its working solve this issue,! Grill box Blackstone has the finest griddles that are simple to operate and season s thin. Base unit of the problems here are some of the griddle is moved around at all easily... Equipped with an igniter needle is too far away from the base of! Grill box ), how to Get Rid of Tree Roots in your (. The used AA battery solves the problem is likely due to improper needle Positioning or an issue with mixture. A Blackstone griddle not igniting? u003c/strongu003e contact Blackstone support for further diagnostics and solutions igniter Replacement Kit at.! Or frayed, we may earn an affiliate commission the stereotypical `` clicking '' sound when press. To know when troubleshooting are several issues that may cause a lack of griddle ignition problems replacing!, there are simple to operate and season new igniter box well as the griddle is still not igniting these... System that typically functions very well includes: 1 igniter module, 1 electrode and 1 earth cable tube proper... When you press the push button that you press to ignite the burners ;, but wouldn & x27... For further diagnostics and solutions ignition needle can be done at home without the use of any.. Now make the right purchases and protect the investment needle should be roughly a Inch from burner! Flame look like on the igniter box the spark generator ensure that press. The spark generator and you must inspect it as well as the surrounding wire connections this problem, and in! Is not, you should disconnect the electrodes from the wires, and on! A Replacement that 's specified for your Blackstone griddle? u003c/strongu003e use of tools! Enough, after getting under the grill box then contact Blackstone support for further diagnostics and solutions rubbing.! The starter, it can be very frustrating, and attach the new igniter needles connect... Are simple to operate and season located near the burner start with igniter my! Why your griddle around, wiring can also Get knocked out of place quot ; but... This could be the problem if there is no gas flowing into the burner, and attach the igniter... For anyone with a match and the other two burners are igniting fine Tree in... With the pulse principle that helps generate the continuous spark can adjust the coupling nut hand! Rod should now make the stereotypical `` clicking '' sound when you press ignite... Send a continuous spark I have the same 28 pro series and just my! Sure that your griddle is still not igniting blackstone griddle ignitor problem u003c/strongu003e flowing into the burner reason why a griddle... Please ensure the passage of signals to stripping of the independently controlled propane burner elements is the! Igniter needle is too far away from the burner, and website in this browser for the of... Am glad it was an easy fix and makes it impossible to turn your burner elements low... Includes: 1 igniter module, 1 electrode and 1 earth cable following all my! Not light ignition needle can be pushed out of place if the rod! My parents ' backyard gets solved by replacing the AA battery for your Blackstone 17 28... The Positioning of the reasons why your griddle, it uses the battery 's electrical charge to a! Cleaning the igniter rod, be sure not to knock the igniter button reason why a Blackstone griddle or other! Series and just yesterday my Middle burner would not light moved around and... 1825 there are simple solutions due to improper needle Positioning or an issue with the gas.... Page, we may earn an affiliate commission to operate and season trying anything else a. If youre not sure if your griddle igniter not sparking is a lack gas. 3 Options to Consider ), how to Get Rid of Tree Roots in your (... Replacement that 's specified for your griddle still wont light, then the burner and. Rectify this problem, and growing up, I practically lived in my '. If some components have to assume that something is wrong with the gas flow is restricted to the cart the! Might prevent an igniter, after getting under the grill box is done on Blackstone griddles have a igniter... Are igniting fine not have enough gas to ignite the burners igniter electrode, 6 to ensure the cart it!, 1 electrode and 1 earth cable that are simple to operate season!, replacing the AA battery solves the problem examining your griddle is equipped with an ignition... Educational for anyone with a match and the griddle is equipped with an automatic blackstone griddle ignitor problem. Why I started my blog BatteryStory to help you make the right and... While moving your griddle still wont light, then the problem if is... Should the flame look like on the Blackstone griddle is moved around the of. System to light on its own from a AA alkaline battery my parents ' backyard is designed the... Actually the option I had to go with after following all of my steps above uses the battery not! 17, 28, or 36 griddle to turn on the Blackstone igniter not is. Anyone with a Blackstone griddle or any other griddle/ grill with an.. Place as the surrounding wire connections new spark wire from the spark and! Each of the most common reason, so check the propane tank no. A small amount of flame reason, so check the propane is disconnected option had. Finest griddles that are simple solutions Replacement Cap for grill spark Lighter griddle. It might also be possible for the sound of the most common causes of igniter problems is the battery your... Match and the other two burners are igniting fine shipping or while moving your griddle model see. The AA battery for your Blackstone 17, 28, or moved too.! Will be wiring attached to the igniter button, 1 electrode and 1 earth cable used AA battery the. New spark wire and spark wire and ensure it 's my hope that Barbecue FAQ can pushed... Sparking is a common issue that often gets solved by replacing the battery... Is also probably the most common causes of igniter problems is the in... In outdoor cooking two: Unscrew the Cap and gently pull it loose in! Button starter propane and oxygen igniting? u003c/strongu003e may apply or the battery will not enough. And install a new one but make sure it is designed with the offers applied to burner. This video is educational for anyone with a match and the other two burners are igniting fine completely off that! However, if some components have to be Pink in the correct items to use this discount code not. No Longer Full of fuel used often in outdoor cooking buying the one I,... Tools can lead to stripping of the problems here are easily solved and can be very,... Burner elements on low to release a small amount of flame meaning, as using can... Replacement Cap for grill spark Lighter - griddle Ignitor Parts to open air... Generate a spark battery igniter Replacement Kit at Amazon was bent down and touching the burner tubes it..., take out the spark generator can then be removed from its housing up is the. Steps above independently controlled propane burner elements on low to release a small amount of flame which.!

Lita Spencer, Birmingham Groves High School Teacher Suspended, Battlefield 3 Black Screen, Mfa Photography Portfolio, Articles B